Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

with attempting to justify woodcutting as a money maker is that you can make more money killing level 2 men. 100% proven fact. Woodcutting is not, and never has been an effective money maker for ANYONE.

how can you make more money killing lvl 2 men then cutting yews?!

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem with attempting to justify woodcutting as a money maker is that you can make more money killing level 2 men. 100% proven fact.

Maybe as a member, and even then, woodcutting requires less clicks.

Woodcutting has always been a solid f2p money maker, it also happens to be one of the skills that are most easily bottable.

And yes i do realize that part of the reason WC is such crap money is because its such a popular f2p skill.

And yes I realize none of the options I listed are f2p. He's already stated that he merches, that should provide him with all the money he needs.

It does to an extent, i rarely skill for money anymore because there are few effective F2p money makers.

Thats not to say i don't want skilling to be continually devalued by bots to the point where its barely even worth my time.

Also, about GOP, as a f2per you receive rune ess, not pure ess. And in order to make more money from rune ess over water talismans, rune ess would need to be 160 each, which it never will be.

Theres no reason i cant go member for P ess :thumbup:

I'm f2p at the moment, but i havent always been, i have 90k+ ess sitting in bank waiting for when i feel like going mem :shades:

Also as i said before, there are GOP bots, and they are a major pain in the ass (part of the reason i no longer GOP)

Look, im not trying to say skillings crap money. There are some very good ways to make money skilling. But nonetheless, bots DO harm skillers, and yes, skillers are legitimate players like everyone else.

O.O

I'm fairly sure you should be spending your tokens on water talismens if you want money from GOP.

Your right, because bots have devalued essence.

P ess used to be best money from GOP.

It's not like bots only started mining essence since like half a year.

They have been botting pure essence since it was released and way before GoP was released.

Preau.png

I'm fairly sure you should be spending your tokens on water talismens if you want money from GOP.

They have been botting pure essence since it was released and way before GoP was released.

Exactly.

But they are bigger and worse now, and even casual non RWT players bot because of the whole non permanent ban thing (I'm aware they reinstated permanent bans though, but apparently this is temporary).

True it may be devalued but do bots make all the difference? This is a hypothetical situation, lets say Yew logs were 350 ea because they are heavily botted, and lets say bots leave and they rise to 650 each.

You make almost twice as much as before yet they are still crap income.

But hey, anythings an improvement on before.

And remember, its not only the fact that yews would rise. Its also the fact that there would be far less competition from bots, and thus, more trees for the happy cutter.

And the fletcher is the one who will end up suffering. The fletcher doesnt have too many affordable options to train his skill, however the woodcutter has plenty of better options for money and plenty of options for faster xp.

This is due to XP being far too highly valued in runescape, and is really another problem all togethor.

I still don't know why fletching still breaks even to be honest. I would have thought it would go the road of smithing and become a skill that those rich people throw money at.

When the woodcutter is dont cutting wood (99 or some other new goal comes up) his profits will be void if the production skills are more expensive to train

In the case of production skills, the end product of the production skill would rise with the added cost of the gathering skill.

In other words it would probably equalize in most cases, especially with the items more in demand (Arrows, runes, etc).

O.O

Exactly.

But they are bigger and worse now, and even casual non RWT players bot because of the whole non permanent ban thing (I'm aware they reinstated permanent bans though, but apparently this is temporary).

I can't imagine it going like this which you imply:

Jagex: Temporary bans for botting now.

Thousands of players: Oh since it's temporary bans now I'm going to start botting!

Preau.png

I can't imagine it going like this which you imply:

Jagex: Temporary bans for botting now.

Thousands of players: Oh since it's temporary bans now I'm going to start botting!

Its not like that.

Its more like, ive always thought botting was cool, but i don't want to get permabanned because my accounts already pretty good.

Jagex: "Temp bans, TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Oh sweet! I'll just bot until i get a temp ban or 2 and stop.

O.O

stop complaining about bots,theres no point,they are going to do what they will,they'll bot accounts to the max,sell the raw mats or wutever and u'll have to deal with it

ya just wait till theyre everywhere. sooner or later theyre gunna make better bots and jagex is just gunna sit there with there thumb up their ass

When sooner or later do you mean like, two hours from now? Or...?

;)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

When sooner or later do you mean like, two hours from now? Or...?

;)

sw0rd isnt here, do you know what this means?!?!?!?!?

jagex has already had their thumb up their asses on this 1, now theyll actually do something about them for once, but when they where only temp bans, the botters could expirament with how they can bot and such its freaking bolsheviks that jagex just sits there and wont give 2[cabbage] about anything else except things about the contest and crap like that

I'm at the choas druids in Edgevil wilderness dungeon and no crap, theres me there and about 6 botters, you can tell they are all botters too, they have similar names, all no iteming or three iteming, they all run around in the same pattern and have the same delayed reaction.

I stopped playing "260 days ago" from not playing for about 2 years before then and I've never seen it so rampant and bad?

Poochu.png

I am absolutely astonished about the amount of love botting gets here.

That means you guys support a form of cheating? Or using third-party software to hijack the system?

Oh and it doesn't make [cabbage] difference whether or not they are "beneficial" to the economy. They are against Runescape rules, that's that.

Then again, you can't stop all the baddies in the world... and apparently Tip.It rants is full of them.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Oh and it doesn't make [cabbage] difference whether or not they are "beneficial" to the economy. They are against Runescape rules, that's that.

And you never break the rules? :rolleyes:

Jagex isn't banning bots because they help the economy, if bots were suddenly removed in a huge wave runescape would be thrown into economic chaos.

Jagex bans a few bots every now and then for image imo. If they cared about banning bots then they would update their [cabbage] bot detectors.

Remember, Jagex is trying to make money and look good doing it, throwing the economy into chaos is not a good way to achieve that.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

That means you guys support a form of cheating? Or using third-party software to hijack the system?

Then again, you can't stop all the baddies in the world... and apparently Tip.It rants is full of them.

No I don't mind :thumbup:

There used to be a law in the United States that black people could not use the same public facilities as white people. Some people refused to follow these laws.

Here is your logic regarding those who supported/condoned the lawbreakers' actions:

Oh and it doesn't make [cabbage] difference whether they are doing the morally right thing. They are against the law, that's that. That means you guys support a form of rule breaking? Like murder, rape, and arsen?

GTFO.

TIF Rants is just full of people like Blood Argon who cheated, sold gold, ran bots, bashed Jagex for stopping cheats, and then eventually came out when their scheme got busted.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

TIF Rants is just full of people like Blood Argon who cheated, sold gold, ran bots, bashed Jagex for stopping cheats, and then eventually came out when their scheme got busted.

Stop trying to take the light off of your illegal seal poaching business.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

They never left. Although they are getting more powerful and more frequent..

They do suck, but they also lower prices for us.. Which is quite good in some ways :).

Unless you are like me and you only know how to make money by skilling, when you go to the GE with your fish, you get 2 buttons, a piece of string and some vaseline for 1000 lobbies.

Poochu.png

There used to be a law in the United States that black people could not use the same public facilities as white people. Some people refused to follow these laws.

Here is your logic regarding those who supported/condoned the lawbreakers' actions:

Oh and it doesn't make [cabbage] difference whether they are doing the morally right thing. They are against the law, that's that. That means you guys support a form of rule breaking? Like murder, rape, and arsen?

GTFO.

Bladewing, why would you compare something like botting to racial discrimination? :blink:

No seriously, I don't know how to respond to that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So the guy made money off the game before getting caught. Boo-hoo :cry: