Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

I'll go and join the soul wars people and catch some bots, I've never gone bot hunting at sw so I'll have to find a method of trapping them or reducing their activity bar.

Does anyone know a method of trapping soul wars bots? If anyone does could they please post it, thanks.

Gl getting caught up in the mass bans, jmods are still camping there

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go and join the soul wars people and catch some bots, I've never gone bot hunting at sw so I'll have to find a method of trapping them or reducing their activity bar.

Does anyone know a method of trapping soul wars bots? If anyone does could they please post it, thanks.

what is this... I don't even?

Sorry. That's all I could possibly make out. How do you trap any bot? I don't think bots even exist in Runescape. Maybe if before you could not do that so when the thing is after the when everything comes to the beginnning which is what i am not almost even going to even be what i never thought you could be. So, on the contrary, it's quite hard.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm sorry your bot hunting level is not high enough to hunt soulwars bots. You need atleast 85 bothunting in order to hunt soul wars bots.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Nice move Jagex, hoping that will clear out the scum from this game if only for a short period. Kudos to Jagex for doing it, but major letdown that they let the situation get to this point.

Would also be nice if a lot of high level slayers got banned from this, that would clear out some training spots. I might pay a visit to red chins if the botters are too scared to log these days.

I pretty much feel the same way.

I only started to notice this trend from the past year and I'm just surprised that it took Jagex this long to finally post it out.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/899/bansarecoming.png

30-40%? I thought it was more like 80-90% <_<

Uh... Well there goes a good source of exp (for now) those nubby 1def pures were perfect training dummies for all three styles + the zeals you get.

Ice Blitzing them used to be a looot of fun

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I just want to add a few things to this topic, but I feel that people will judge me before they read what I say. So know this: I do not bot, I have never botted, and I don't like bots either. That said, I do frequently read many cheating websites so that I can get a feel for the underworld culture of Runescape and why they do what they do, where they're training, how they're training, and other things. Here's what I've learned:

1. People that bot are generally running between 1-3 bots at a time, with some running upwards of 5 or 6.
  2. While this whole mass ban at SW has been a major hit to the morale of the botting community, they are now back at it with the supposed "news" that the images posted on the PMod forums were fake.
  3. Popular bots include Thieving, Sorc Garden, Hunting, Fishing, Mining, Essence Mining, of course, Soul Wars.
  4. There are only a few main bots: kMiner is the current most popular mining bot, AutoFighter (including all NX products), RSBots, OEMBots, Perfect, and Power-bot. These few bots are the most widely used, and aren't that good.
  5. To be fair, Jagex has some faults, such as allowing appeals for randomly generated replies. The botters include a few keywords in whatever order they want, add some flavor text, and they get unbanned automatically.
  6. One botting site is coming out with a Quest bot. It's in beta now, but it will be able to complete all F2P quests automatically. It will even be buying stuff from the GE if you need it to. This is scary on many levels.
  7. Gold selling and junk trading are bigger issues than botting, believe me.
  8. If you hate botting, don't go to LRC, either. There are tons there, including high level mains.

I would link to several sites, but I feel that the mods wouldn't like that. As it is, I'm worried of being yelled at because I posted the names of common bots, but I feel that if I don't out them to the public that didn't already know of them, Jagex will be more likely to see it and stop it. Think of botters as cockroaches: turn on the lights, and they scatter.

This is information for people to use so that they can fight autoers and so they can report them more easily. You will see common patterns amongst the bots, like pausing at doors, or if you close a door just before the bot gets to it they will stop for a while. We need greater protections against these, and Jagex needs to make the fight more public. Botters aren't afraid, and that's a major disadvantage for Jagex. If people are afraid, like they were with the mass bans at Soul Wars, botting will decline greatly. There were people that said "Jagex does it manually and they do it once every couple of months, so basically if you bot between those periods, you're fine." That's not good for anybody.

Stay vigilant, and report bots. Just one person reporting a bot can get the bot banned for life.

I just want to add a few things to this topic, but I feel that people will judge me before they read what I say. So know this: I do not bot, I have never botted, and I don't like bots either. That said, I do frequently read many cheating websites so that I can get a feel for the underworld culture of Runescape and why they do what they do, where they're training, how they're training, and other things. Here's what I've learned:

Saying that only makes you look more like a botter :shame:

[*]Popular bots include Thieving, Sorc Garden, Hunting, Fishing, Mining, Essence Mining, of course, Soul Wars.

[*]There are only a few main bots: kMiner is the current most popular mining bot, AutoFighter (including all NX products), RSBots, OEMBots, Perfect, and Power-bot. These few bots are the most widely used, and aren't that good.

I don't think you should be giving specific names here, and the first 4 or 5 are the same thing, just resellers of the same bots for the most part :shame:

There were people that said "Jagex does it manually and they do it once every couple of months, so basically if you bot between those periods, you're fine." That's not good for anybody.

Stay vigilant, and report bots. Just one person reporting a bot can get the bot banned for life.

Jagex needs to make money too. And I am sick of these wbm's running around asking bot? bot? and lighting fires in front of me whenever I train fm. Just gtfo ffs

Nice post Wolfe, I also feel that the issue should be made more public. Don't let botter-loving (I usually spell that without the loving at the end) tip.iters try to discredit you. Especially when they are contradicting themselves saying that knowledge of botting sites make you look like a botter, then showing they know more about those botting sites...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Nice post Wolfe, I also feel that the issue should be made more public. Don't let botter-loving (I usually spell that without the loving at the end) tip.iters try to discredit you. Especially when they are contradicting themselves saying that knowledge of botting sites make you look like a botter, then showing they know more about those botting sites...

I never contradicted myself. I said that being defensive from the start about not botting makes you look more like a botter. Please go back to school and learn some reading comprehension before you post :thumbup:

Yes everyone who doesn't care about the bots and isn't butthurt is a botter himself, great thinking!

Also @ Sword, the picture from the Mod Forums has proven to be fake.

Preau.png

I never contradicted myself. I said that being defensive from the start about not botting makes you look more like a botter. Please go back to school and learn some reading comprehension before you post :thumbup:

Please show me to a school that will make me write one-liners that needs to be read "between the lines" like yours...

I still claim that comprehensive knowledge of the botting community is usually obtained through first hand experience.

You also have been saying a couple times in this thread that you don't bot, following your logic, your defensive behavior indicates your claims are not to be trusted.

edit @ Brodly

I must assume that your anguish over getting "butthurt" must cause you some pain and is probably clouding your judgement. Don't worry, unless you're form the deep south, you should outgrow that fear.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Please show me to a school that will make me write one-liners that needs to be read "between the lines" like yours...

Then why make statements that are based on something you don't even understand, and must 'read between the lines'? Just doesn't make much sense.

You also have been saying a couple times in this thread that you don't bot, following your logic, your defensive behavior indicates your claims are not to be trusted.

I never made such a claim in this thread because I didn't feel the need to. But feel free to prove me wrong :thumbup:

I still claim that comprehensive knowledge of the botting community is usually obtained through first hand experience.

And this is relevant, how?

Wow, all I got to say is Wow. Haven't done a black dragon task in several months, so when I got one, I decided to kill the baby blacks in ct.

And what do I see? Around TWENTY, that's right, 20! bots, all dressed up in dmed/rune plate/d scim. Levels ranged from high 70s to 128! Several months back, I only saw a couple bots and some regular players there, but this is getting way out of hand.

Staurolite.png

Your accusation of Wolfe could equality have meant that knowing all that stuff about bots made him a suspected botter. You cannot claim your written skills make your one-liners that obvious.

I'm not gonna search though 17 pages on this thread plus the multiple other botting threads just to show you something you know to be true but are pretending otherwise.

My comment about botting knowledge is a lot more relevant than the discussions between skillers and MHers that appeared on botting threads.

langerkiller.png

Your accusation of Wolfe could equality have meant that knowing all that stuff about bots made him a suspected botter. You cannot claim your written skills make your one-liners that obvious.

Wait, what? About those writing skills...

I'm not gonna search though 17 pages on this thread plus the multiple other botting threads just to show you something you know to be true but are pretending otherwise.

Don't say things you know you can't back up. Plus there's a search button there for a reason.

My comment about botting knowledge is a lot more relevant than the discussions between skillers and MHers that appeared on botting threads.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to our discussion but ok, cool story :thumbup:

Wow, all I got to say is Wow. Haven't done a black dragon task in several months, so when I got one, I decided to kill the baby blacks in ct.

And what do I see? Around TWENTY, that's right, 20! bots, all dressed up in dmed/rune plate/d scim. Levels ranged from high 70s to 128! Several months back, I only saw a couple bots and some regular players there, but this is getting way out of hand.

You'll thank them when you decide to get turmoil.

No, not really...

Staurolite.png

Wow, chose a pretty bad moment to show my poor writing skills... I consider my argument still valid, which you avoided discussing.

I retract my comment about you claiming to not bot, I had that argument with Howbadisbad, sorry about that.

For the sake of arguying, tell me what motivates someone to seek information on how bots run?

langerkiller.png

Wait, what? About those writing skills...

Don't say things you know you can't back up. Plus there's a search button there for a reason.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to our discussion but ok, cool story :thumbup:

you seem so bent on try to defend the bots that make everything cheaper. im not saying your a botter, but with all the botters cant make [bleep] skilling now, all it is now is mhing or a collecting skill thats 99. i have 4mil, i could of have alot more money if there where no bots

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

For the sake of arguying, tell me what motivates someone to seek information on how bots run?

The same reason as to why someone would want to know how a car or a computer works: knowledge.

you seem so bent on try to defend the bots that make everything cheaper. im not saying your a botter, but with all the botters cant make [bleep] skilling now, all it is now is mhing or a collecting skill thats 99. i have 4mil, i could of have alot more money if there where no bots

I've never enjoyed skilling, so he fact that it's not all that profitable (not that it ever was in the past) doesn't bother me.

It's the worst over at green dragons down there. Lots of people there all wearing the same outfits, and they all moved in the same patterns that you really wouldn't expect from an actual player. Actually, they are right next to the baby black dragons.

The red chinchompa hunters are obvious, and Jagex has already witnessed the problem over at Soul Wars. But I also sense something suspicious with the miners/fishers in W84 Living Rock Caverns.

92 Mining? Maybe YOU BOTTED THAT! AMG!!!!!! But its ok since we apparently love botting, we love you too Langer. We love all of you. Except the bots.

bots are rlly rlly rude. im mean wtf? u say hi hi hi nd they dun even be talking 2 u! RUDE RUDE RUDE@@@ i mean cmon is this rs or is this silent scape lololol pls talk ty.

and dats my rant

in udder news:

The red chinchompa hunters are obvious, and Jagex has already witnessed the problem over at Soul Wars. But I also sense something suspicious with the miners/fishers in W84 Living Rock Caverns.

Really? Wow, you're swift!

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Yea, I'm definitely not a troll. Though I certainly do hate users like you, simply because.

Lesson of the day: Sarcasm =/= trolling.