Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

Question; you said you reported bots whenever you see them, bots don't talk right? Yet you can only report players who you've recently spoken/traded with. Please explain.

Hmm are you sure it's not only for bad language? I certainly could report the player for using macros. If I couldn't, how would reports work?

The spoken/trade thing is only required for some specific offenses.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does Jagex actually have methods of catching bots that haven't been reported by people? If so, how do they work? I remember when they had a HUGE cull of yew botters, and you could actually be able to find an empty yew tree in F2P!

UrbanLegend.png

A bot can be automatically caught if they're online for extreme lengths of time (24-7 non-stop). I'm also pretty sure that the system can detect (lack of) natural mouse/camera movement over an extended period, but bots usually circumvent this.

Having said, the detection system is pretty useless, all someone has to do is limit the amount of daily botting time.

A bot can be automatically caught if they're online for extreme lengths of time (24-7 non-stop). I'm also pretty sure that the system can detect (lack of) natural mouse/camera movement over an extended period, but bots usually circumvent this.

Having said, the detection system is pretty useless, all someone has to do is limit the amount of daily botting time.

Not true. One person was botting for 17 days straight (got lucky with no updates), no ban. It might increase your chances of getting reported if you're seen constantly doing the same thing for days, but it won't get you flagged.

No Evileye, the system detects people doing the same thing for days straight and gets them. How do you know someone stayed on for 17 days unless you were there with them or were them?

PM me for fitocracy invite

No Evileye, the system detects people doing the same thing for days straight and gets them. How do you know someone stayed on for 17 days unless you were there with them or were them?

I've seen a progress report. Paint on a bot client never lies, as there is no way you can fake it. Trust me this was legit, this guy is very well known among botters.

I've seen a progress report. Paint on a bot client never lies, as there is no way you can fake it. Trust me this was legit, this guy is very well known among botters.

:(

PM me for fitocracy invite

I'd call that a one-off fluke. The risk of getting banned rises exponentially the longer you bot, but never quite hits 100%. This example cannot by applied to the whole. Plus, what are the details? Was it a low-risk area like fight caves? How advanced was the bot for the time/How long were the auto-logout breaks set to? Those are big factors.

I'd call that a one-off fluke. The risk of getting banned rises exponentially the longer you bot, but never quite hits 100%. This example cannot by applied to the whole. Plus, what are the details? Was it a low-risk area like fight caves? How advanced was the bot for the time/How long were the auto-logout breaks set to? Those are big factors.

Most people don't break as commonly said on botting forums.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Inflation is caused when an excess of currency is introduced into a market and causes products to cost more because the currencey loses its value correct?

So how does slowing the cash from alchers and statues not slow inflation since there would be a decrease in cash coming into the market.

Supply and demand would cause things to rise for a time, but thats how the market is supposed to work. Lower and med level players would begin to train on whatever makes the best cash, yews drags, ect. and cause that product to decrease in value as supply goes up. Until they move on to the next.

No, you're still talking about things you don't know about.

Can you provide proof they can talk? If not then you have no case.

Any half decent recently published bot has some form of response script.

MqyLAlK.png

Dark_Musica.pngu7jB5FP.png

Cmon you people, grow up and accept that this is has actually become a big concern....

Lol to who? A bunch of whiny children on this forum? Runescape mirrors the real world and there's always going to be people looking to take the easy way out. I'm not concerned. Other people said they're not concerned. It happens. It's happening. Yes it sucks, deal with it.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Cmon you people, grow up and accept that this is has actually become a big concern....

Lol to who? A bunch of whiny children on this forum? Runescape mirrors the real world and there's always going to be people looking to take the easy way out. I'm not concerned. Other people said they're not concerned. It happens. It's happening. Yes it sucks, deal with it.

I'd call it a concern when Jagex scrapped its 'iron-fist-perma-ban-regardless' mentality because they were losing too much money coming from all the subscribed botters. Do you want this game's foundation to be a horde of botters?

The worst jagex will do to you currently for a first time botting offense on a p2p account is an 8-day ban with no future implications. This is practically inviting people to try botting. Moral corruption much?

Do you want this game's foundation to be a horde of botters?

Do I want? No. Do I care? No.

I play runescape because I enjoy certain aspects of the game, not because someone is making more money than me or has an advantage.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Do you want this game's foundation to be a horde of botters?

Do I want? No. Do I care? No.

I play runescape because I enjoy certain aspects of the game, not because someone is making more money than me or has an advantage.

Quite a selfish paradigm you've got there.

Plus, that sentence makes no sense. It is implied that people would play the game because someone else is making (much) more money or has an (unfair) advantage. I believe you are trying to convey that you would play regardless of what is going on around you simply because you enjoy the game. Tell me, would you still have lunch at your favourite cafe' if nukes were being dropped outside? (I know that's a bit extreme, but same basic premise).

Tell me, would you still have lunch at your favourite cafe' if nukes were being dropped outside? (I know that's a bit extreme, but same basic premise).

Horrible analogy, the two aren't even remotely related.

The worst jagex will do to you currently for a first time botting offense on a p2p account is an 8-day ban with no future implications. This is practically inviting people to try botting. Moral corruption much?

It's 14 weeks temp, then 21, then 28...after that nobody knows, maybe 35?

I can tell you have no real experience with bots.

Quite a selfish paradigm you've got there.

Plus, that sentence makes no sense. It is implied that people would play the game because someone else is making (much) more money or has an (unfair) advantage. I believe you are trying to convey that you would play regardless of what is going on around you simply because you enjoy the game. Tell me, would you still have lunch at your favourite cafe' if nukes were being dropped outside? (I know that's a bit extreme, but same basic premise).

clapping.gif

I don't see why you consider a care-free player like myself to be selfish. Maybe because I don't agree with your views? Bots don't directly affect my account so why should I be worried about them? They affect certain aspects of the game, but they don't affect my bank account. They don't affect how I click. They don't affect how I move. They don't affect my goals.

Horrible analogy btw. My mind is still blown about how overblown it is.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Can you provide proof they can talk? If not then you have no case.

Any half decent recently published bot has some form of response script.

All the people using response scripts I've that encountered made it blatantly obvious they were botting.

Or their English skills were limited.

The analogy was a joke, why so serious, lol. I'm saying that during your disregard for the issue, it's not impossible for botting to become so overblown that the game largely suffers for it, even players are unaware/don't care; soon it would be impossible for them not to alknowledge the problem.

Of course, I have no idea whether bots will get that bad and I mostly doubt it, although don't dismiss the possibility so early.

That's an inaccurate assumption

The analogy was a joke, why so serious, lol. I'm saying that during your disregard for the issue, it's not impossible for botting to become so overblown that the game largely suffers for it, even players are unaware/don't care; soon it would be impossible for them not to alknowledge the problem.

Of course, I have no idea whether bots will get that bad and I mostly doubt it, although don't dismiss the possibility so early.

That's an inaccurate assumption

Yet the way you talk makes it sound so true.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.