Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

I lol at some of the people on this topic. Some bots are based on reflection which is colour, that is why sometimes when you gressi n green robes and flax pickers try to pick you. Bots are very realisitic and jagex don't really care so the combination means that lots of botters are left in the game. Botters are part of the game now you maswell get use to it.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will just say this:

If Jagex brings in Captchas then they will be sealing their fate.

If Jagex brings back Sleeping bags/fatigue then they would be sealing their fate.

If they bring back both? No. No one can be that stupid.

To all those who want sleeping bags back, OBVIOUSLY has never been around. Fatigue was the most annoying thing on the entire planet. Just make more difficult randoms. Captchas are incredibly hard, whenever I am making a Tip.it sig I have trouble figuring out what the [bleep] they are saying. So naturally, Jagex will dumb it down, so gameplay will still suck for legit players like us, while bots will just pass them by.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Botting is so pointless, I don't see why people pay for a game so they can not play it.. to me it makes no sense, and even if they get high levels, they get no sense of accomplishment out of doing it.

If theres one thing ive learnt about hackers, botters, etc, over my years or MMORPG and FPS gaming.

Its that they have no common sense.

Hackers in modern warfare 2 will play monthly subscriptions upwards of 20 dollars a month for hacks, AND buy the game for 90+ dollars.

And when they get the inevitable VAC ban, they just go out and buy the game again, for another 90 dollars.

Its ridiculous...

O.O

Quite a selfish paradigm you've got there.

I believe you are trying to convey that you would play regardless of what is going on around you simply because you enjoy the game.

Game, set, and match.

Everyone here knows you're trolling, you can stop now.

I try not too but sometimes the urge in uncontrollable.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Bots don't affect me at all. I don't have a problem with them per say, outside of disgust for cheating.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I lol at some of the people on this topic. Some bots are based on reflection which is colour, that is why sometimes when you gressi n green robes and flax pickers try to pick you. Bots are very realisitic and jagex don't really care so the combination means that lots of botters are left in the game. Botters are part of the game now you maswell get use to it.

Reflection bots don't click on colours.

If theres one thing ive learnt about hackers, botters, etc, over my years or MMORPG and FPS gaming.

Its that they have no common sense.

Hackers in modern warfare 2 will play monthly subscriptions upwards of 20 dollars a month for hacks, AND buy the game for 90+ dollars.

And when they get the inevitable VAC ban, they just go out and buy the game again, for another 90 dollars.

Its ridiculous...

In RS you get temp bans :thumbup:

They may just not want to get rid of ALL the bots. Last time that happened, all the major resources (yews, lobsters, etc) shot up in price.

Reflection bots don't click on colours.

Oh yeah i don't know what i was thinking lol.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

That's Runescape. Just report them, and find a different spot I guess.

If only P-mods had temporary suspending abilities... although maybe that's giving them a bit too much power.

(people referred to, are the ones who are switching worlds.)

I was getting 87-88 Hunter last night. I got muted again :twss: so I couldn't talk. So I decided to have an experiment. And after I got 300k hunter xp (so boring) I want to say roughly 7 out of 10 people would say "hi". 5\7 people, when I would not say hi back, would immediately instead of logging, go over to me and say "hi" again. Right. Because I didn't see the text the first time. Then, they would all say something along the lines of "are you botting?" Wtf? AM I BOTTING? My traps are ALL over the planet. Bots (from what I've seen, idk and idc about capabilities) usually have that box shape with one in the middle. Mine is all over. SECONDDDDDD maybe I'm afk? Or not paying attention to the screen? You know I can watch tv on my comp,and click on hunter traps out of the corner of my eye, I might not see the text. Anyways, I would then say "I can only use qc. :-( hello!" (back to back). Now here's the interesting part, about half of those people DEMANDED to know why I didn't answer them right away. And so I just ignored them. I put the "pls don't ask difficult questions" statement and went on my merry way.

Thats my problem with people (no offence to anyone in general) who hate bots. I don't hate that they hate bots, but I hate this psuedo McCarthyism. Ugh. And I HATE talking while hunting. Even when I'm not muted I might say simply words liek "K" "L" etc. Geez.

/vent

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Bots are capable of a lot more than just gathering. Masses of people are gaining an unfair advantage.

Its their life, I'm choosing not to bot. If anything, it's my loss. The only reason I don't bot, is because I won't have the same feeling of achievement, I imagine.

"my loss?" ..."That's the only reason I don't bot"...?

You should probably reconsider how you phrase your words. It sounded like you just endorsed botting, that it is the smart thing to do...?

Is that a threat? lol?

Isn't the only reason people don't do illegal things? I'd rob a bank any day, but I don't want to go to jail.

I was planning on posting something constructive. But Saru always makes me lol. So until I stop laughing, my post related to the topic with have to wait. :thumbup: Saru.

(people referred to, are the ones who are switching worlds.)

I was getting 87-88 Hunter last night. I got muted again :twss: so I couldn't talk. So I decided to have an experiment. And after I got 300k hunter xp (so boring) I want to say roughly 7 out of 10 people would say "hi". 5\7 people, when I would not say hi back, would immediately instead of logging, go over to me and say "hi" again. Right. Because I didn't see the text the first time. Then, they would all say something along the lines of "are you botting?" Wtf? AM I BOTTING? My traps are ALL over the planet. Bots (from what I've seen, idk and idc about capabilities) usually have that box shape with one in the middle. Mine is all over. SECONDDDDDD maybe I'm afk? Or not paying attention to the screen? You know I can watch tv on my comp,and click on hunter traps out of the corner of my eye, I might not see the text. Anyways, I would then say "I can only use qc. :-( hello!" (back to back). Now here's the interesting part, about half of those people DEMANDED to know why I didn't answer them right away. And so I just ignored them. I put the "pls don't ask difficult questions" statement and went on my merry way.

Thats my problem with people (no offence to anyone in general) who hate bots. I don't hate that they hate bots, but I hate this psuedo McCarthyism. Ugh. And I HATE talking while hunting. Even when I'm not muted I might say simply words liek "K" "L" etc. Geez.

/vent

In their mind, anyone who doesn't talk, is a bot. Kids these days tbh.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• 1 month later...

Sickening how everyone is turning a blind eye when it comes to how widespread bot usage has become in the past few months. The more time I spend at the Fishing Guild the more I lose hope. When a fishing spot moves the entire group all follows it in a "Bot Train" instead of going to a closer adjacent spot. Multiple players are stuck behind the guild bank because the bot programs get hung up for some reason.

A couple of years back we had a bot problem but it was different. For starters the bots were all obvious level 3s with the default appearance; easily reported and dealt with. Now the problem has grown to the point that people aren't afraid to do it on their mains, and in this sense it becomes much harder to track by the casual player. I estimate that 3 out of every 4 players at the Fishing Guild are botting at any given time, and it's no better elsewhere. A common excuse to the widespread silence is that most players just don't want to talk. Most non-responsive "players" don't react at all even to you calling them a bot to their face; an action that usually at least elicits a "lol" out of real-live players to prove they are legit.

It appears that proponents' main argument is that bots keep the prices of raw goods down. Well how about the people that used to make money off of said raw goods? I'm making over 500 less per shark mainly due to bots. I'm not happy about that. Furthermore, what point is there to level any skill in this game if having even a 99 carries virtually no weight? We are getting closer every day, your "goals" will not be perceived at all by others because bots are watering down the hiscores for nearly every skill. Nothing will matter anymore, there will be no point in playing fair when nobody else is.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

If they get banned, how can I then disrupt their green dragon killing?

But really, They dont affect me, other than make me wonder how pathetic it is to play the game to the point where it ends by using a bot. And how stupid it is.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Yep, they may as well be encouraging hacks.

Not really, this is a good idea. People will bot until they get temp banned then they will quit botting after that as they know they will get caught and get permanently banned easily.

Before people got permanently banned then they lost their accounts forever = Jagex loses 5$ a month.

Also, those who think "bots don't get caught" are wrong. They get caught very often, people with good botted high level accs usually run 2-5 bots at the same time and whatever account is unscathed at the

desired level will probably be kept or sold(sometimes all accs get banned and they even have to start over, you get my point :P). Theres a big market for selling accounts on the popular botting sites/private server forums aswell so RWT isn't stopped either.

People bot more now then what they did before the trade limit, why? Cause now people bot themselves instead of letting level 3s do it for them.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Sickening how everyone is turning a blind eye when it comes to how widespread bot usage has become in the past few months. The more time I spend at the Fishing Guild the more I lose hope. When a fishing spot moves the entire group all follows it in a "Bot Train" instead of going to a closer adjacent spot. Multiple players are stuck behind the guild bank because the bot programs get hung up for some reason.

A couple of years back we had a bot problem but it was different. For starters the bots were all obvious level 3s with the default appearance; easily reported and dealt with. Now the problem has grown to the point that people aren't afraid to do it on their mains, and in this sense it becomes much harder to track by the casual player. I estimate that 3 out of every 4 players at the Fishing Guild are botting at any given time, and it's no better elsewhere. A common excuse to the widespread silence is that most players just don't want to talk. Most non-responsive "players" don't react at all even to you calling them a bot to their face; an action that usually at least elicits a "lol" out of real-live players to prove they are legit.

It appears that proponents' main argument is that bots keep the prices of raw goods down. Well how about the people that used to make money off of said raw goods? I'm making over 500 less per shark mainly due to bots. I'm not happy about that. Furthermore, what point is there to level any skill in this game if having even a 99 carries virtually no weight? We are getting closer every day, your "goals" will not be perceived at all by others because bots are watering down the hiscores for nearly every skill. Nothing will matter anymore, there will be no point in playing fair when nobody else is.

prove to me that each one of those people are a bot. prove. you can't. /thread.

Not really, this is a good idea. People will bot until they get temp banned then they will quit botting after that as they know they will get caught and get permanently banned easily.

Before people got permanently banned then they lost their accounts forever = Jagex loses 5$ a month.

No people are much more happy to bot nowadays. Theres lots of people who go "Ok, im going to bot to 99 hunt, and until i get caught im going to keep going"

Until they get banned, in which they are given a second chance.

These are the same people who would NEVER bot previously because they didnt want to get permanently banned.

Trust me when i say it encourages botters.

O.O

Also, those who think "bots don't get caught" are wrong. They get caught very often, people with good botted high level accs usually run 2-5 bots at the same time and whatever account is unscathed at the

desired level will probably be kept or sold(sometimes all accs get banned and they even have to start over, you get my point :P). Theres a big market for selling accounts on the popular botting sites/private server forums aswell so RWT isn't stopped either.

People bot more now then what they did before the trade limit, why? Cause now people bot themselves instead of letting level 3s do it for them.

You get at least 3 temp bans before a perm. Temp bans are rare, many get several 99s before they even see their first temp :thumbup:

prove to me that each one of those people are a bot. prove. you can't. /thread.

more importantly his name is poopingman therefor i really wouldnt even care to hear his childish arguments as to why you would assume their bots at all.

Protip: i turned off chat when i was fishing sharks for a month, i got sick of hearing all the 11 year olds with poop in their name shout their stupidity all day

Your opinion is invalid because you make ignorant assumptions about others without even considering their viewpoint. Continue to play with your chat turned off, it'll save the rest of us a lot of grief.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

If you turn off your chat, and watch TV or movies, you shouldn't notice bots. Big whoop, they're there and they always will be. It's a part of the game we've all come to accept; I guess some people just want Jagex to make the game a utopia so they don't have to worry about a thing, but I hate (actually I don't) to tell you, that's not happening, so quit whining and deal with it.

No people are much more happy to bot nowadays. Theres lots of people who go "Ok, im going to bot to 99 hunt, and until i get caught im going to keep going"

Until they get banned, in which they are given a second chance.

These are the same people who would NEVER bot previously because they didnt want to get permanently banned.

Trust me when i say it encourages botters.

You do have a point that it encourages people to try botting, but a temp ban will probably make anyone botting on their main stop forever. Botting level 3s will never hurt anyone and the economy could need a influx of items.

I remember last year when all the prices was insanely low (Full bandos was 25-30m i believe, BGS was at an alltime low of 16m~) which was because pretty much everyone botted, after that Jagex had a mass ban wave and "made their bot detection system better" which pretty much killed the economy and since then everything have gone up. I don't mind people botting, i play to enjoy myself and don't care what people do to increase the stats.

People play to enjoy the game, some don't find clicking monsters hundreds of thousands of times fun. If people want to bot their accounts it's their choice, people shouldn't be whiny kids and say "OMFG I HATE BOTTERS THEY ARE BETTER THEN ME!!!!!11"

Bots have been around since the game was created and you just gotta live with it, but i do agree that bots that steal your training spots are annoying along with '09ers' who act like [bleep]ing [wagon] in bounty/pvp worlds with their maxed pures that they probably didn't deserve. I have met many maxed pures/initiate pures in wilderness who are real [bleep]s that log out cause they can't kill you and bad mouth you for "safing" when you eat slightly under their max hit.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

"Crotchmast3r"

:roll:

Anyway, you're an idiot.

1. Botting is against the rules

2. Botting is bad for legitimate players who want to make money through gathering skills

3. Botting and mass bans screw up the economy

4. "Killed the economy"? You mean made things the price they were actually worth?

5. PKing is a good place for flaming, if you like being flamed, by all means, keep PKing

PM me for fitocracy invite

Exactly, bots have little influence on the economy, fish are dropping because of LEGIT players not bots. And bots will always be here so complaining about them is just plain stupid.

Fish are dropping because of bots actually..

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.