Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE the argument that "they make things cheaper." Who cares? That's a seriously selfish argument. Bots are illegal, end of story. And just because they make things cheaper for YOU, doesn't mean someone else isn't suffering. Maybe some people enjoy chins. They used to be a decent source of cash, I do believe. Maybe some people hunted them for money. Maybe some people want to use chins to level up. Or any other method of training any skill that bots are ruining. Ugh stop justifying botting! It is NOT justifiable!

Blakdragon39.png

I HATE the argument that "they make things cheaper." Who cares? That's a seriously selfish argument. Bots are illegal, end of story. And just because they make things cheaper for YOU, doesn't mean someone else isn't suffering. Maybe some people enjoy chins. They used to be a decent source of cash, I do believe. Maybe some people hunted them for money. Maybe some people want to use chins to level up. Or any other method of training any skill that bots are ruining. Ugh stop justifying botting! It is NOT justifiable!

The majority benefits from cheaper prices as bots do things most people don't want to do (collecting swamp toads, swamp tar, running planks, whatever). Even before chins were infested with bots, you wouldn't even come close to 300k/hr. Decent money, you say? Exp? There are many more efficient ways to train hunt.

And how are bots illegal? Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Why should Bots and Botters be allowed to stay?

While Jagex deserves to be blamed for the state, what about some of the players? Too individualistic and too busy to care? Maybe.

It takes 40-50k yews for 99 fletching. So lets say you can cut 100 yews an hour, if 500 people are doing it then it supports the amount of supplies needed for 1 person to get 99 fletching. Realistically theres tens of thousands of players cutting yews, getting dozens of players enough yews for 99 fletching every hour. Bots bring more yews into the game therefor allowing even more players to have enough yews to get 99 fletching. Kind of a bad example because im expecting LOL Yew longs for fletching is NUB.

But this is the basic principle of the ratio for amount of collectors it takes for a single consumer to get a 99 in a processing skill is there.

While yews their affect is miniscule its more pronounced with Dragon Bones. Lets say you can kill 100 dragons in an hour, so every hour 100 dragon bones are added to the game per player. Now lets say 1000's of people are camping every available green dragon location, so they gather 100k bones per hour. Thats good for 2 players to get 99 (from 70).

Now why bots would be good for that is because during off peak hours of the day there might be less people at the green dragons and *gasp* empty worlds, meaning less bones are being produced per hour so less people can get level 99. In this situation the supply is less but the demand for level 99 prayer is still the same so the bone prices go up, hurting everyone aspiring to get 99 prayer.

Bots solve this problem by automation they are producing at 3AM and at 12 noon. It sucks for the player whose primary income is killing green dragons but for the rest of us it helps. (even if your not going for 99, it benefits you when your going for say level 50-70 prayer).

Now I ask, why shouldn't bots be allowed to stay? Because their unfair and crap doesn't look at the big picture, unfortunately for anyone against them, you probably benefit from their existence everyday.

They only affect me negatively. I'm almost completely independant from the economy apart from herbs. My money makers are and sinister key running so the only things bots do to me are negative. And the only things that I really do with my money is to buy armour and weapons, which I already have. So I trap them :) Like trapping them in the room near the varrock essence guy.

I would actually like to pay more for items, because that works both ways. My stuff would be worth more, resources would be worth more, and skills would make money. And my large cashpile in my bank would be worth more. Well sort of large, it's only 34 mil in gp. But anyway, I want them gone.

So you're one of the few that likes to spend 10x as much time doing things yourself. That's nice. What was the point of your post again?

And most of the heavily botted methods were never good money or xp.

What about green dragons? :???:

Green dragons are good for nobody. High levels can get better money MHing and low levels can't get any kills.

MHing?

PM me for fitocracy invite

And most of the heavily botted methods were never good money or xp.

What about green dragons? :???:

Green dragons are good for nobody. High levels can get better money MHing and low levels can't get any kills.

MHing?

Monster hunting

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Seriously, It feels so dead in the mining guild nowdays, they're so many bots and usually only one other legit player to talk to. Of course I report all the bots, but there is just so damn many of them in EVERY world. To make things worse, many of them also have a wcing cape, now what does that say? (they bot wc obviously). I'm seeing players within all level ranges botting, upstart pures, medium level skillers, even extremely high levels. RAAAGGGEEEE.

Fix the bot detection system Jagex, ffs. It's just like anti-virus software, it becomes useless over time with no updates.

There's always going to be [wagon] programmers who think they're bad-ass making auto software and distributing it to lazy teens for free (or worse... a price).

Tbh, i think most of those "bots" just have public chat off.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Seriously, It feels so dead in the mining guild nowdays, they're so many bots and usually only one other legit player to talk to. Of course I report all the bots, but there is just so damn many of them in EVERY world. To make things worse, many of them also have a wcing cape, now what does that say? (they bot wc obviously). I'm seeing players within all level ranges botting, upstart pures, medium level skillers, even extremely high levels. RAAAGGGEEEE.

Fix the bot detection system Jagex, ffs. It's just like anti-virus software, it becomes useless over time with no updates.

There's always going to be [wagon] programmers who think they're bad-ass making auto software and distributing it to lazy teens for free (or worse... a price).

Tbh, i think most of those "bots" just have public chat off.

Yeah, whenever I do a clicking-intensive activity like mining or, recently, firemaking I'll have public off. At ivy chopping, sure, more people to talk to is a good thing. But I'd say around 50% of my friends do the same thing as me.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

No, mining guild has plenty of bots.

Who uses the Mining guild anyway, inferior xp and cash.

bots ofc. 65 mine > 70 Mine.

Although in my professional opinion (94 Mining) people who bot are smart enough to not waste their time there. Its usually just [developmentally delayed] players thinking that because something is named a guild that its all boss all the sudden.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The funny thing about bots, is that what often happens, is the botter is actually at their computer, but doing something else, so they talk and are therefore very hard to detect.

Is this from your personal experience with botting?

Or you throwing out more uneducated claims that the legit person next to you is a bot

Obviously anyone with better stats then him is a bot

guys don't even joke him. he was trained by the best with his botting detection systems, his state of the art means of seeing into another persons room/playing area include, shutting doors, making inane conversations, stealing people spots, and trying to tele other people.

He has his own [bleep]ing detection squad, guys.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

The funny thing about bots, is that what often happens, is the botter is actually at their computer, but doing something else, so they talk and are therefore very hard to detect.

Is this from your personal experience with botting?

Or you throwing out more uneducated claims that the legit person next to you is a bot

Obviously anyone with better stats then him is a bot

Yea wtf.

Isnt the point of botting so you dont have to be there? You may as well just play if you are there talking, as your likely to be more efficient and less likely to be banned.

O.O

guys don't even joke him. he was trained by the best with his botting detection systems, his state of the art means of seeing into another persons room/playing area include, shutting doors, making inane conversations, stealing people spots, and trying to tele other people.

He has his own [bleep]ing detection squad, guys.

Saru = Lol machine

PM me for fitocracy invite

Sickening how everyone is turning a blind eye when it comes to how widespread bot usage has become in the past few months. The more time I spend at the Fishing Guild the more I lose hope. When a fishing spot moves the entire group all follows it in a "Bot Train" instead of going to a closer adjacent spot. Multiple players are stuck behind the guild bank because the bot programs get hung up for some reason.

A couple of years back we had a bot problem but it was different. For starters the bots were all obvious level 3s with the default appearance; easily reported and dealt with. Now the problem has grown to the point that people aren't afraid to do it on their mains, and in this sense it becomes much harder to track by the casual player. I estimate that 3 out of every 4 players at the Fishing Guild are botting at any given time, and it's no better elsewhere. A common excuse to the widespread silence is that most players just don't want to talk. Most non-responsive "players" don't react at all even to you calling them a bot to their face; an action that usually at least elicits a "lol" out of real-live players to prove they are legit.

It appears that proponents' main argument is that bots keep the prices of raw goods down. Well how about the people that used to make money off of said raw goods? I'm making over 500 less per shark mainly due to bots. I'm not happy about that. Furthermore, what point is there to level any skill in this game if having even a 99 carries virtually no weight? We are getting closer every day, your "goals" will not be perceived at all by others because bots are watering down the hiscores for nearly every skill. Nothing will matter anymore, there will be no point in playing fair when nobody else is.

This is the best comment I've heard yet coming out of this topic.

I too, have seen this happen within the past year. I not only see this at the Fishing Guild but also at the Red Chinchompas, Living Rock Caverns, and the Soul Wars mini-game. These bots aren't the same as they were 4-5 years ago.

I mentioned this already, but I was training Agility at Ape Atoll a little over a month ago and a level 137 replies that I was botting. I for one never touched a bot program in my life and admitted that I was fast at clicking. Then he goes to PM me to try to calm down and I told him that high levels should know better. He then replies "Level 138s bot you dumb ass you should know better." Like I never seen that coming?

They are hard to track down (minus the Red Chin Hunters), and I vividly remember the level 3s who spent weeks at the Yew Trees. I'm upset that Jagex is doing little to fix this problem. This new generation of botters is really taking a toll on the prices at the Grand Exchange and many of the skills on the hiscores in particular. With the addition of Living Rock Caverns and Ivy from the past year, they are perfect training methods for bots because they are AFKable.

Sorry but had to point out couple of things

making mining pure essence actually good money.

And make runecrafting bad money.

Because that's 24,300,000,000gp less illegitimately introduced to the economy.

No money is introduced into the economy if the botters sell their essence through G.E. or trading with another player.

Sephy.png

ok ok ok ok ok ok.

The Meeting of Arduously Committing to the Rebuilding of Our E-world, Rtards is now in session. Or, Macroer for short. Lead chair man is Saruman44, ofc. (I made the post i get to be the leader !) Second in command, is Ring World, because he posted before me, and then Evil Eye 70 because he makes me laugh, and finally Nomromorom boi because, he used to be stupid but now he isn't.

We are gathered hear today, to discuss the validity of the accusations of a notorious and dangerous bot slaughterer, Sw0rd95. Sw0rd, present yourself.

Sw0rd: hi

Saruman44: Hello, Sw0rd. How are you today?

Sw0rd: bot?

Ring World: Sw0rd, please answer Saru's question, how are you today?

Evil Eye 70: very well, ahem. We are here to see if there is any truth in the fact, that everyone who stands still, is a botter.

Romonomonom: Now, Sw0rd, have you ever stood still? Have you ever been teleported away in the middle of making a birthday cake for your grannie, and then decide to stand still? Ha-

Romononomon: Huh?

Saru: Sw0rd, please let him fini-

Evil Eye 70: stfu

Sw0rd: bot.

Ring World: Sw0rd, that is quite enough, please refrain.

Sw0rd: reported

Ring World: Uhhh? For what?

Sw0rd: for bot

Ring World: How did I bot?

Saru: yes ol' chap, how did he?

Sw0rd: bot

Sw0rd: reported

Sw0rd: gf

Ring World, Saru, Evil Eye, and Romoboi: DEAR GOD! HES USING A BOT TO REPORT BOTTERS! RUN!!!!

Saru: AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ring World: LOGOUT QUICK QUICK!!!

Evil Eye: tele'd other fml.

*Romonom dies*

--------------------------

Four days later, there was a hush over the quiet town of Jagflexia, as for once there was peace. But it was not the kind of peace one would want for, the stock holds were empty, the gallows un tied, the guillotines spotless, and the report systems dry. There was nothing. A wind blew over the fields of flax, the yew trees, now overgrown, has destroyed this merry town. The Lobsters and sharks, now so plentiful, and run out of food, and were slowly cannibalizing their loved ones, in a feudal attempt to stay alive. There were no runes being created, the altar now mossy and dead. Not that it would have matter, because there was no one to utilize such treasure. In fact -- there was no one at all. No one to rejoice in the plentiful harvests brought in by the illegal poachers of skills, the Macroers. No one to get angry when the fish weren't biting. No one to even wonder where everyone had gone to. Well, actually, there was still one. A crazed and lonely man, he wandered the hills and dales, the barrows (irl, thats a tomb site fyi) and vales. He climbed the fjords in search of more, more. There had to be more.

He looked in the reflection of the now useless Saradomin brews that had poisoned the water supplies, looking for the tell tale signs. The bald hair, the yellow shirt, the green pants. Where had they gone? Where had he gone? He pondered this, day and night, through the rain and shine. Until his brain reached a conclusion, that immediately wished, like in old times, could just log out and not remember thinking. Maybe, he had become the last. The last survivor, the last hunter, and perhaps, the last ...? No, surely such thoughts are for fairies and schoolgirls, and not hardened warriors like himself. He has become the true victor, the victor of the frenzy. The frenzy was so great before the fall, the decadence supreme, and pretentious knowledge flowed like the loneliness that now fills the streams of place he used to know.

He remembered, almost like yesterday, and well, maybe just perhaps it was yesterday. Time, after all, had no hold on life without another life to hold onto. The last hours of humanity, oh so clear, like the crystal bow used to slaughter the chinchompas fleeing from the poachers. He ran around, so proud, so foolish of his skills. As soon as someone stopped moving, or fell to a horrendous mistake of merely being human, he knew they were a poacher. He pulled out his labeler, typed out the word "bot" and labeled their soul. As he watched them dissapear to the prison of Thrander, he felt this feeling. He labeled it joy, but he knew that was not its name. No, its name was loathe. As they dissapeared he put the self loathing harbored inside his meager frame into the bot, and as they dissipated into nothing, he hated himself just a tad less, for having deplorable skill levels. And he looked around, and felt another feeling, of pride, as many others took to the street labeling. And then as more and more was raptured to the one truth, and one hell in the world, they turned on themselves. Convinced their fellow Scapians were poachers as well, until they were all gone. The last accidentally labeling himself.

And now, there was the wanderer. Surprisingly, he didn't hate himself for having lacking skills, because there was no way to tell if they were lacking, as there was no companions to compare. Not even animals, those were the first to go in the Great Frenzy. They figured if they labeled the furry little chinchompers themselves, that the poachers would have nothing to poach. But God, oh Gods, were they wrong. They just moved on. And now, there was no where to move on to. He walked the lonely roads in Isdafar, and (as alluded too earlier) is when the thought hit him. What if, he was the greatest poacher of all time? The poacher of all poachers, but a poacher nonetheless. The thought unbearable, exited his skull, as he pulled his chaotic rapier, now useless, and forced his meninges to pour open, and out the back of his skull. He couldn't bear all the chaos he created, all the mistrust, and hatred, in a world where there was previously none.

And the strangest thing of all, is in all the wars of the great world of Gielnor, in the all the cities ruled by the Jagflexian Knight Table, no one ever could ever form the one question. This one question, one thought, that could have been created by even the smallest child, or miscreant noob; enforced by the Kings of All Kings, the Pros of all Pros. But alas, no one knew the question, despite all knowing the answer. Why, why were there poachers to begin with? What could bring one to risk their soul, for mere goods? But alas, I guess we will never know, as the round round world of all our thoughts spin into oblivion, unknown, and untouched by any creature for all time.

-------------------------------------------------------------

ok, first off, this post is made in good fun. I'm mining at LRC and am so bored. So I decided to write this, it's to poke fun, don't take it personal Sw0rd, I was just bored. And Rom, someone had to die =\ and we had no token black men, so you were the first.

Anyways.

Not really how many more options are there to train rc then by making runes?

Its not a question of weather there are other ways of training, but if you want to train.

Many people train RC just for the money, with no money involved, they dont do it.

Sure there are people who do it for the 99 or the cape, but IMO they are few and far between.

Also in the case of previous major price changes in ess (specifically when pure ess came to be) nat prices did not rise to meet the ess price change

Thats because runecrafting was still great money, despite the change.

Also shops... Unlike some other skills, RC is a skill where almost everything you make from it is easily obtainable from shops.

O.O

Well even if they were to rise the consequences would still be terrible (as ive said earlier with all the skills affected by higher rune prices). And even in the case that there is hardly any consequences, it would just go to show that bots were not as big a threat as perceived and did not make a major increase in supply in the first place.

Then the argument goes back to people who use bots are poor noobs who cant figure out decent money makers. *I can make what they make in 10 hours at pure ess in 2 hours, with a bit of risk and luck (whether were talking about MHing or merching the rules still apply)*

Therefor I then come to the conclusion that they arent worth my time to care about them, these are the types of players who can run programs all day and still be inferior to a skilled player with lower levels

What about green drags which make a Consistant 300K/hr. The people who bot soul wars 24/7 which im guessing is around ~80 zeals a day, thats about 560 zeal a week.

Your argument states that bots can't find good money making methods but isn't green drags one of the most consistant gp/hr?

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Well even if they were to rise the consequences would still be terrible (as ive said earlier with all the skills affected by higher rune prices). And even in the case that there is hardly any consequences, it would just go to show that bots were not as big a threat as perceived and did not make a major increase in supply in the first place.

Then the argument goes back to people who use bots are poor noobs who cant figure out decent money makers. *I can make what they make in 10 hours at pure ess in 2 hours, with a bit of risk and luck (whether were talking about MHing or merching the rules still apply)*

Therefor I then come to the conclusion that they arent worth my time to care about them, these are the types of players who can run programs all day and still be inferior to a skilled player with lower levels

What about green drags which make a Consistant 300K/hr. The people who bot soul wars 24/7 which im guessing is around ~80 zeals a day, thats about 560 zeal a week.

Your argument states that bots can't find good money making methods but isn't green drags one of the most consistant gp/hr?

For low levels maybe for high go Frost Dragons or MH

If they bot 24/7 they earn over 50M+/week XD

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Bots can bot 12-16 hours straight.

It dont matter how efficient you are, 1-2 hours by comparison isnt going to get you much.

O.O