Bots are making a come-back

Cacmypants

i hate these kind of people who even play just for some damn fame for them instead of playing for fun and making friendships and have some sense of accomplish! really man!

bots sucks it makes you far away from the lap then why ur playing if u dont want to play the answer its boring then why ur playing if its boring omg!

they really makes me sick!!!

they dont enjoy any skill the yet play and bot just for little fame as if anyone but.. will care about wat the hell their doing really!

jagex must do something or after 2 years runescape will be the awesome bot field for advertising and rule breaking!

o_espil.png

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post, Ring World. I'd concur almost completely.

I'm for the legalization of marijuana, against it personally. It would also (SW0RD95 PLEASE TAKE NOTE) reduce government spending and help the economy, as less marijuana offenders will be put in prison. Most marijuana users are productive members of society - that percentage is obviously lower than people who DON'T use marijuana, but I see no reason for a person with a small stash intended for personal use going to jail.

Similarly, tempbanning bot users rather than permabanning is a good idea, and reducing penalties for all but the most hardcore of macroers is advised.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Similarly, tempbanning bot users rather than permabanning is a good idea, and reducing penalties for all but the most hardcore of macroers is advised.

Not really, then people would just decide to bot until they get temp banned a few times and then stop.

Remember, people who are perm banned can skill make a new account and play, all the banning does is take away the account from the botter.

1.) DUI's being even more common (and traffic related deaths rising as well)

So the drunktards move on to pot, realistically, its still the same amount of idiots on the road, they just moved onto a new drug.

2.) Gangs gaining even more power (the government would tax the hell out of it and people will still buy illegally if its being sold cheaper)

I'm pretty sure gangs don't sell cigarettes, same thing.

If its already illegal, most would just move onto harder drugs.

3.) *this one is kind-of spoon fed by propaganda campaigns against pot* The belief that it is a gateway drug, as in something people experiment with before moving onto harder drugs

The same case could really be put for cigs.

4.) Obviously long term health problems from recreational use

Again, same case could be put for cigs.

Personal experience is what decides your opinion on an issue.

I'd agree with that.

O.O

Bots are getting smarter and smarter, and that makes it a lot harder for Jagex to detect them. Bots movements are more human-like than ever. Eventually Jagex won't be able to do much about this. Face it, scripts and bots are getting far too advanced for Jagex's system to detect. Their best strategies for finding bots are tagging people with random events more frequently if the person is suspected of being a bot, looking at where the bot clicks, and seeing how long it is playing. Regardless of what many thing, Jagex does NOT look for how much a player talks to determine if they're botting.

I won't lie either, I bot on a pure account of mine. You say that I won't get a sense of accomplishment, but really I will. You'll also say what's the point of having an account if you don't play the game. For the first thing, I'll feel accomplished that I didn't waste hours getting the account to the levels I need it at, and that I spent time going outside, hanging out with friends, working out, or getting something done. The second thing, I want to PK, but I don't want to spend hours in front of a computer screen to be able to do that.

Why admit this? Regardless of what you guys will think of me, I have no worry. This is the internet, and RS is a game. If get banned? Oh well, nothing of value is lost.

If you do think so... Why the hell are you still playing runescape?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm pretty sure gangs don't sell cigs.

They would if the government suddenly decided to make cigarettes $40 a pack and they could obtain them for say, $10 a pack and sell them at $20.

This is exactly what is happening with cigarettes here in Ontario. The province keeps raising the taxes on them, so people are either buying uncontrolled cigarettes (so they could have even worse stuff in them) from the Natives or turning to smuggling.

I don't quite see how legalizing marijuana compares to people botting in RS though. It's not like smoking pot is a cheat to make real life easer. Botting is simply a smaller symptom of a larger problem with society as a whole. People today want everything *now* and they don't want to have to put in any work to get it. Horusdragon2 is an excellent example of this; he wants to PK but doesn't want to put in the time or effort required to do it effectively so he cheats.

People like that get out into the real world and find out that it's hard, so they look for shortcuts to get what they want. Everyday the news is full of people who do that, they're called "criminals". A harsh term perhaps for people who are simply cheating at a game, but the rules of RS are like the laws we all live with everyday; a collection of directives on how to behave, and what the punishment for disobedience is, created by the ruling party. Thus, people who break those rules are the criminals of RS and should be punished as such.

You don't like or want to follow the rules? Accept your punishment or leave. It's that simple.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You could say that bots are good. You can also say that they are bad.

But whatever you say isn't going to stop them from breaking everything. They already did that.

So, guys

guys

guys

everyone,

guys,

guys,

I just had the best idea ever!

Report bots

Ok, Just joking, but seriously if you see one, report it.

You still haven't given us a good reason why we should go out of our way to report them :thumbdown:

Okay. Something interesting.

What if;

Botting became absolutely impossible, and Jagex is 100% sure that no one can bot. Will free trade return? If this opens up Real World Trading, will Jagex care enough? They blocked real world trading last time because of the people using stolen credit cards to pay for membership, to bot, and sell on the cash.

Botting became an epidemic, half of RS decides to use literally undetectable software. What will JaGex do? What would you do?

The situation stays the same for years to come. Green Dragons and Living Rock Caverns, Hunter areas and Soul Wars remains a bot hot-spot, but everywhere else is fine.

Okay. Something interesting.

What if;

Botting became absolutely impossible, and Jagex is 100% sure that no one can bot. Will free trade return? If this opens up Real World Trading, will Jagex care enough? They blocked real world trading last time because of the people using stolen credit cards to pay for membership, to bot, and sell on the cash.

Botting became an epidemic, half of RS decides to use literally undetectable software. What will JaGex do? What would you do?

The situation stays the same for years to come. Green Dragons and Living Rock Caverns, Hunter areas and Soul Wars remains a bot hot-spot, but everywhere else is fine.

jagex probably doesnt care about bots, they just ban 100 of em so we keep off there backs for a while till we start pushing them again, sooner or later the people are gunna make smarter bots that could possibly do gwd bosses or kbd,the higher level dont care cuase everythings cheaper, but then when they start doing what theyre doing they will probably get pissed to, it just hasnt happened yet

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

if jagex could create a new random event or eventes everytime and change the random event scripts ( etc ... ) so it will disable of using bots

(sorry if my grammar is bad )

Am a shadow and smoke in your eyes, Am a ghost but hides in the light.

runescape01.jpg

You could say that bots are good. You can also say that they are bad.

But whatever you say isn't going to stop them from breaking everything. They already did that.

So, guys

guys

guys

everyone,

guys,

guys,

I just had the best idea ever!

Report bots

Ok, Just joking, but seriously if you see one, report it.

Unless I see someone who's quite obviously a bot, I will report them, but other than that, no one will go out of there way to report bots.

if jagex could create a new random event or eventes everytime and change the random event scripts ( etc ... ) so it will disable of using bots

they only have to make the scripts one time and keep it so they always know what random is what, so thats outa the question,jagex would have to keep updating so the guys have to keep writing scripts for the bots till they finaly give up or jagex gives up

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

they only have to make the scripts one time and keep it so they always know what random is what, so thats outa the question,jagex would have to keep updating so the guys have to keep writing scripts for the bots till they finaly give up or jagex gives up

they wont give up in one way :

( and i dont think it would happen) is to donate more money for them so they wont give up changing these scripts...........

and it could happen after years bots will be over90% of humans so every one would quit and Guinness would announce that runescape is the 1st game that is made for bots to play

as a result jagex wont be able to do anything so they will just close the servers and byebye runescape hello to real life

Am a shadow and smoke in your eyes, Am a ghost but hides in the light.

runescape01.jpg

Part of the reason why botting is illegal is that normal players shouldnt feel the need to bot in order to compete.

Say for example i was poor and went in PVP, if everyones running around with the claws that they botted and im walking around with my crappy DDS, i would be getting screwed over.

Now what, should i be compelled to get claws just so i don't get owned in PVP? Should i be compelled make unf potions for 10 hours straight? Or would i just take the easy option and start botting like the rest of them...

O.O

• 3 weeks later...

You know what I think would be a dangerous but possible move?

Jagex could ask their player-mods who have 4+ years of experience to "do something" to those bots.

I'm not gonna go any further. Just a thought.

A local world 83 player mod is so cabbage'd off about the green dragon bots he sees daily that when he reports them, he personally follows up reports with J mods on the private forums every day until action is taken. Never seen a mod so frustrated about bots before. Glad he is taking action and demanding the same from the higher uppers.

Some of you argue that it keeps resources cheaper. But think about it, it's a false economy run by bots right there. Regardless of that; if bots were gone, demand would rise and legit players would fill the gap to supply that demand. Honest players earn more profit and it settles into a comfortable balance.

It is a pretty sad state when you start to wonder if any players around you are legitimately playing or letting a macro do the work. Almost certain there was two bots at the abyssal demons the other day. Kept trying to attack my targets even while i was seconds into engaged combat.

Kinda makes you wonder why you're following these rules that few others do, and get away with.

Swainy.png

Unfortantly no, whoever was fortuant enough to have Party hats (or more recently lots of climbing boots) would have an unfair advantage over a player that does not.

That doesn't effect me.

So a few people got lucky, that happens with sigils, godswords, and visages every day. What does effect me is hordes of green dragon bots, hunter bots, puro puro bots, mining bots, etc. Which not only drive down prices but also steal your resources.

O.O

Jagex could ask their player-mods who have 4+ years of experience to "do something" to those bots.

A local world 83 player mod is so cabbage'd off about the green dragon bots he sees daily that when he reports them, he personally follows up reports with J mods on the private forums every day until action is taken. Never seen a mod so frustrated about bots before. Glad he is taking action and demanding the same from the higher uppers.

Some of you argue that it keeps resources cheaper. But think about it, it's a false economy run by bots right there. Regardless of that; if bots were gone, demand would rise and legit players would fill the gap to supply that demand. Honest players earn more profit and it settles into a comfortable balance.

It is a pretty sad state when you start to wonder if any players around you are legitimately playing or letting a macro do the work. Almost certain there was two bots at the abyssal demons the other day. Kept trying to attack my targets even while i was seconds into engaged combat.

Kinda makes you wonder why you're following these rules that few others do, and get away with.

Yea. I was going to reply, but I was speechless.

I do that all the time, clicking on a monster while someone is attacking. It's called kill stealing.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I got the same opinion. I actually think some of us posting on this thread have used or are using bots (at one time or another) to take the easy way out. I consider it cheating and playing the game legitimately will give you more opportunities in the long run.

It's like saying how so many people try to make it to show business so that they can make a quick buck and be famous quickly. But they aren't committed to staying there for long. That's why I argue how a lot of present day music artists are only recording songs for the paper, they fail to have a passion to keep going and adapt to drastic changes. They want the easy ways of doing things, and will try to take shortcuts to get the job done.

Better to come off clean, and be proud with the work you have accomplished. Rather than use a program to do the dirty work for you, and wonder why something doesn't feel right.

I read about 10 pages in before my eyes started to bleed. Seriously...if the bots are affecting your crappy training spot, then it obviously isn't a good spot. Runescape is loaded with spots to train at...botters can't ever code for all of them, so find where they aren't and skill away.

You will never make money skilling...face it! I've been playing for 7+ years on/off and slanted myself as a skiller, more than combat. WHAT A MISTAKE! I should have concentrated on fighting and bought the supplies I needed.

As for the self-appointed "Bot Hunters" - you are more of a nuisance to legit players than bots. Case in point - I mine my own essence to RC, and I do so at the Magic Guild in Yanille...specifically to avoid you bot hunting jerks! But you can't always avoid them...even at Yanille. I came out of the mine, and what do I see - 4 so called "Bot Hunters" spam clicking the door open and closed. I had to actually turn on my chat to freak out on them! Then...I was told to calm down, and not to get my panties in a bunch. My panties wouldn't be in a bunch if you losers would go do something worthwhile! I guess they were bored...they each had skill capes on, so the "Holier than thou" attitude was flying high.

YOU are the reason I play with chat off. I refuse to answer every *bleeping* 15 seconds to "[insert skill] Level?". YOU are the most annoying thing in RS...not the bots. Childish games like you guys play are what turn me off to Runescape. GROW UP! Acting like a P-Mod wannabe is not going to get you the silver crown...in fact, you're the reason why several of my friends who were P-Mods quit! You should be the very LAST choice for a P-Mod.

If you are so friggin' Lazy that you can't find another spot away from bots, then you aren't looking hard enough. Why don't you do some quests...I've never seen a bot in the Yew Tree in the "Lost City" - and its near a bank and Oak tree which is great to cut when waiting for the Yew to respawn...or Iron/Silver in the Dorgushuun Mines after completing "Lost Tribe"...Green Drags full? -> go fight any of the other Dragons 'cause its better xp and profit. I could go on and on about alternate spots, but I'm probably wasting my breath since people will still complain about the "Mining Guild" and "Varrock East Iron Mine" - WORST training spots ever. Get over it already!

There are SOOO many spots that I never see ANYONE at, that I feel nothing for pity for those who whine on these threads.

ENOUGH with this waste of a space topic. The bots, unfortunately, are here to stay. Either adapt, or wallow in self pity...I prefer to adapt.

@ Navyvet1

You claim that you decided to adapt, yet you are mining your own pure ess... I cannot take anything you say after that seriously.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yea. I was going to reply, but I was speechless.

I do that all the time, clicking on a monster while someone is attacking. It's called kill stealing.

Yeah, i'm speechless too. Abyssal Demons in the tower are single combat. That must make you master of kill stealing there i suppose? :|

Swainy.png

@ Langer

There ARE a few things I prefer doing myself, rather than relying on a bot for...YEESH! Seriously - that's the ONLY thing you pulled from my response? Are you kidding??

Stop trolling! Either make an intelligent comment that adds to the convo (not detracts), or GTHO. Stop trying to increase your post count with spam.

Fighting the bot situation is a waste of time. Jagex goes through cycles of mass bans, which I believe we are in the middle of right now. This would be the third one I'm am aware of. Then, your precious Mining Guild will be dead with NO ONE in it for awhile - until the bots return.

I wonder - would the self-appointed bot hunters quit if all the bots were gone? If so, then I hope Jagex bans every last bot!

@ Langer

There ARE a few things I prefer doing myself, rather than relying on a bot for...YEESH! Seriously - that's the ONLY thing you pulled from my response? Are you kidding??

Stop trolling! Either make an intelligent comment that adds to the convo (not detracts), or GTHO. Stop trying to increase your post count with spam.

Fighting the bot situation is a waste of time. Jagex goes through cycles of mass bans, which I believe we are in the middle of right now. This would be the third one I'm am aware of. Then, your precious Mining Guild will be dead with NO ONE in it for awhile - until the bots return.

I wonder - would the self-appointed bot hunters quit if all the bots were gone? If so, then I hope Jagex bans every last bot!

This thread has been filled with arguments of skilling vs combat, players telling others how to play and many more claiming that manipulated low prices on botting items are good for everyone. If you want to mine your own ess, good for you. If Sword wants to hunt bots, good for him. If fighting bot is a waste of time, anything unefficient is, such as mining pure ess. I don't believe we are in a state of mass bans, the varrock east bank is a testimony to that. There is a reason why the mining guild is empty, it is nearly useless. I've never been interested in post counts, you can stop worrying about it.

From your original post, there's nothing in there that I haven't heard a hundred times. Why should bots behavior and the lack of effort to eradicate them by Jagex indicate how I or anyone should play the game? Sure there are countless other spots to train on, why should these bots affect the way I play the game, cutting me or anyone else off form certain places because of botters? You want me to treat the bot hunters the way you treat players who complain about bots? There you go:

You don't like that bot hunters hinder your gameplay when mining pure essence in Yanille? Go somewhere else! Bot hunters will always be there no matter how hard Jagex try to eradicate their prey. Adapt and gather your pure essence in another way.

Your post was so full of contradictions, it was a challenge to take you seriously.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563