iPhone 4

Pie Naple

Blackberrys, oh lord. I can tell when a friend is sending a text from a blackberry because it's filled with typos.

The keyboard is so small that my mind crapped out on me when I tried sending a joke text using my friend's blackberry:

"how do I type?

dude, using the keyboard

yeah but what do I press it with.. is there a stylus that comes with this?

no man, just use your fingers

really? how?"

The story was funnier when it happened, whatever.

Aha what ? At least the Blackberry has ... I'll quote Maddox on this, as he puts it better than I can.

First of all, the E70 has a full keyboard, not some [cabbage]ty stripped down, tap-and-pray smudgy piece of [cabbage]. Nokia uses a technology that's even more advanced than the iPhone's tap screen, allowing you to actually feel the keys you press as you're pressing them! The technology is called "tactile response," and it allows you to do things like dial a phone number without staring at your screen like a [cabbage]-chucking ape. In fact, every other cellphone ever made has this technology, sometimes called "buttons."

On an iPhone, you have to press an additional button that opens up an alternate keypad that will allow you to type numbers and punctuation. So typing something as simple as elipses (...) requires you to tap your finger 9 times. Enjoy your phone, losers!

In addition to the fact that the Iphone "keyboard" is smaller than the Blackberry "keyboard" and touchscreen always mistakes q for wertyuiop but not limited to asdfghjklzxcvbnm.

EDIT: More of Apple [cabbage]. Listen closely, I actually laughed at how they spun it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHngLJ0RlNg

The resolution and the HD 720p camera was quite impressive though :-k.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackberrys, oh lord. I can tell when a friend is sending a text from a blackberry because it's filled with typos.

The keyboard is so small that my mind crapped out on me when I tried sending a joke text using my friend's blackberry:

"how do I type?

dude, using the keyboard

really? how?"

Aha what ? At least the Blackberry has ... I'll quote Maddox on this, as he puts it better than I can.

First of all, the E70 has a full keyboard, not some [cabbage]ty stripped down, tap-and-pray smudgy piece of [cabbage]. Nokia uses a technology that's even more advanced than the iPhone's tap screen, allowing you to actually feel the keys you press as you're pressing them! The technology is called "tactile response," and it allows you to do things like dial a phone number without staring at your screen like a [cabbage]-chucking ape. In fact, every other cellphone ever made has this technology, sometimes called "buttons."

On an iPhone, you have to press an additional button that opens up an alternate keypad that will allow you to type numbers and punctuation. So typing something as simple as elipses (...) requires you to tap your finger 9 times. Enjoy your phone, losers!

In addition to the fact that the Iphone "keyboard" is smaller than the Blackberry "keyboard" and touchscreen always mistakes q for wertyuiop but not limited to asdfghjklzxcvbnm.

EDIT: More of Apple [cabbage]. Listen closely, I acutally laughed.

Have you ever typed on an ipod touch/iphone? it's amazingly intuitive. I had to take bible notes during Church once, I was writing the [cabbage] down so fast on my itouch. Like seriously it just works, once you get in the rhythm with it completing your words I was typing them as fast as he was saying them. (And he wasn't some old ass preacher)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Have you ever typed on an ipod touch/iphone? it's amazingly intuitive. I had to take bible notes during Church once, I was writing the [cabbage] down so fast on my itouch. Like seriously it just works, once you get in the rhythm with it completing your words I was typing them as fast as he was saying them. (And he wasn't some old ass preacher)

Oh god I hate the iPhone/Touch keyboard. Most [bleep]ing annoying thing ever. I'd rather try typing using the wiimote whilst I'm shaking.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I took notes during uni classes on my iPhone and synced it with Google Docs for 3 months.

If you have trouble typing on it you are literally an elderly person.

2009rb9.jpg

The only thing remotely impressive about it is shooting hd video. The whole front facing camera thing isn't impressive at all, it should have been included in the first model.

Edit: The screen resolution is somewhat impressive actually.

Wait until you see the resulting video. The sensor is so small, it's basically going to be noise; they're just squeezing more pixels out of it.. Also, "HD" is stretching it, I think that 720p hardly counts as HD, seeing as even the biggest HD format is pretty lame.

If I ever get a smartphone, it's probably going to be something like the Nokia n900. I don't care if you have your massive app store full of useless crap, because I'll be doing whatever

freaking want to.

C2b6gs7.png

The only thing remotely impressive about it is shooting hd video. The whole front facing camera thing isn't impressive at all, it should have been included in the first model.

Edit: The screen resolution is somewhat impressive actually.

Wait until you see the resulting video. The sensor is so small, it's basically going to be noise; they're just squeezing more pixels out of it.. Also, "HD" is stretching it, I think that 720p hardly counts as HD, seeing as even the biggest HD format is pretty lame.

errrr, unless you're an expert on video recording (which, after calling a lens a sensor, I assume you aren't) then I don't see how you could possibly assume all these things.

hiccup.png

The lens and the sensor are two separate things. While lens size does affect the video quality too, IMO having a bigger sensor would be better. Smaller sensors (The actual sensitive chip inside the camera, sometimes called a CCD) "capture" less light; therefore you have to turn the shutter speed down, and then the ISO. Once you hit 1/30th of a second for each frame, you have reached the maximum for a 30fps camera and you have to start turning up the ISO, which results in a lot more noise. You could use a bigger lens to focus more light on the sensor, but you could get chromatic aberration from all the distortion of the lens and it's simpler to just use a larger sensor.

C2b6gs7.png

The lens and the sensor are two separate things. While lens size does affect the video quality too, IMO having a bigger sensor would be better. Smaller sensors (The actual sensitive chip inside the camera, sometimes called a CCD) "capture" less light; therefore you have to turn the shutter speed down, and then the ISO. Once you hit 1/30th of a second for each frame, you have reached the maximum for a 30fps camera and you have to start turning up the ISO, which results in a lot more noise. You could use a bigger lens to focus more light on the sensor, but you could get chromatic aberration from all the distortion of the lens and it's simpler to just use a larger sensor.

Nice post. I'll be really sad if the iphone doesn't record full 720p video quality :cry:

hiccup.png

[hide=Quote train]

"how do I type?

dude, using the keyboard

really? how?"

EDIT: More of Apple [cabbage]. Listen closely, I acutally laughed.

[/hide]

Tbh I think people need to use an iPhone keyboard for a week or two then try bashing it's difficulty of use. I use the notes app for absolutely everything, there are times where in lessons I would use my phone instead of my laptop because it's faster to set up and I type just as fast on it.

Oh and it takes 3 taps to insert an ellipses, 2 if you want to use other symbols while in the menu. Not 9.

I'm getting two of these, and an iPad. I don't really need them, but hey, the tech is new (old?) enough to warrant the purchase.

On a serious note though, I might be tempted by one of these, depending on the price. I've stuck with Symbian since 2004 and it literally hasn't changed in 6 years (S60 OS 6.1 to 9.2).

In a way getting an iPhone would be better, you have a new phone and a new iPod in one :thumbup:

Sure, but it's still my £300 iPod touch down the drain.

I bought my iPod touch 2g for £215 just as it was released. Like half a year later I got my iPhone 3g because I needed a phone anyway :P Now my mum's hogged the touch and won't let me sell, so my money DID go down the drain :P

apple...meh.

why get an iphone for 200 when you could just get a blackberry for like half the price. the theme of apple is to make something that does the same thing other products do but charge extra for it

Because blackberrys are for old people?

Had to say it.

Tbh I wish I could get an evo-iphone hybrid. Kinda pointless, but would be cooooooooooooool.

well that makes sense older people are smarter

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Really I can't stress the iTouch keyboard enough. If you try to write in any other language then English, then you will cry after the first 3 minutes. It is so much easier with a real keyboard.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm disapointed however in how they've released yet another iphone and added a feature which could simply of been included in a patch (multitasking and background changing) but instead they choose to make a big deal of it and make another phone.

Those features will be available to all other iPhones once Apple decides to release iOS4 to the public. Right now it's only available to app developers.

wl7w9j.png

I'm disapointed however in how they've released yet another iphone and added a feature which could simply of been included in a patch (multitasking and background changing) but instead they choose to make a big deal of it and make another phone.

Those features will be available to all other iPhones once Apple decides to release iOS4 to the public. Right now it's only available to app developers.

But its made to appear on the site that you can now change your background or that you can now multitask (I'm sure multitasking is for iPhone 4 only). But the point I'm trying to make is that Apple is making out that this phone includes multitasking and background changing.

I don't want a snazzy camera or screen but if I get can multitasking on an iPhone 3G I see no reason to get an iphone 4 :rolleyes:

Multitasking will be on both the iPhone 4 and the 3GS, as well as the 3rd generation iTouch and the iPad. It will not be supported on the 3G because the hardware is not fast enough to make it work smoothly.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

it's crazy how sheepish people are. even on facebook i see people clamouring for the new iphone when they're still in the same contract they got their first iphone with

fool and his money...

What most people do is buy a new iPhone, have the companies switch them phones (still on the same contract) and then sell the old phone off on craigslist or ebay.

I'm liking some of the new features, but some core elements are still the same: ie. EVERYTHING has to be apple-approved. I'm not so bothered about this, and it may be the same for other phones, I don't know, but I dislike it... Do correct me if I am wrong.

The reason that I will not even consider buying it is because of its looks. Current iPhones/iPod touches look great, but they've turned the iPhone 4 into an old-skool 80's style brick phone. it may be thinner, but what was wrong with the old design Apple?

My 2 cents.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche