09-Jun-2010 - Court Cases

LatinII

=[ I'm having no luck with these court summons.

Try pickpocketing al-kharid warriors. I got all four in 15 minutes.

12k and 2 thieving stones later and I'm still no better off in court summons

It took me 30k thieving experience to get my first one, got them all within 40k though.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

How is expecting a potion to act similarly to every other potion in the game "bug abuse?"

And to your first point, 16*4 aka 64 is how much each brew heals per inventory spot which is greater than any thing else in the game barring stackables.

you're forgetting prayer potions, super restore potions and super prayer potions, both directly through soul split, and indirectly through protection prayers

I'm really glad they fixed this bug or game mechanic, whatever you call it. It's now more about strategy, not clicking a million times a minute when you pvp and pvm. This update lends itself to using the combat triangle, to adapting your gear to the fight, to hybriding, to compromising and not just relying on food to save you whenver your strategy fails.

I've been a shark brewer, i've been a "pure-fooder" when i haven't bothered to click a ton, just wanting to relax.

I don't think I've disagreed more with anything else in my life.

I was hoenstly always too lazy to use brews+food, but if I'm reading this right, brews on their own interrupt combat now, is that correct? because that is...not coo...but the rsof thread somone pointed to gives me some hope that this might be reversed.

EDIT:

This sara brewing bug abuse is a debacle.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out why people bought sara brews like they were useful or something.

I mean it only heals like 14 a dose, craps on all stats not called def, and is generally a pain in the rear unless you need to boost your hp beyond max.

Now I find out all the "low lifes" and "no defs" found a nice back door bug to chug up brews without it counting like a normal round of food/potion.

Figures...

So like if 10k players abuse a bug, is it still a bug, or do you call it a game mechanic... lolol

P.S. If they change this back like KING PAUL OF THE KNUCKLEDRAGGERS is going on about on RSOF, then I am going to be POed.

How is expecting a potion to act similarly to every other potion in the game "bug abuse?"

And to your first point, 16*4 aka 64 is how much each brew heals per inventory spot which is greater than any thing else in the game barring stackables.

Okay you drink 64 doses of sara-brew and tell me how nice it attacking something with your 1 attack, 1 strength, 1 magic, and1 range.

But, I know what you are going to say.

Why of course I will bring 16 super restores as well.

So in the beginning when the stupid pot came out you would have drank a sara brew, lost fast combat round (rapid knife speed), drank super restore, lost fast combat round, drank super attack, lost fast combat round, drank super strength, lost fast combat round, drank super def, lost fast combat round, and your ready to melee again.

No idea when this bug appeared, probably during one of the many stupid runetek updates for the sake of graphics....

But, hey its fixed now so lets all cry about it... not.

I stand corrected.

Btw, it's been around for 5 years and there is a very good chance that it will be changed back.

I guarantee you that bug hasn't been around 5 years.

I started about 5 years ago and there weren't even sara brews at the time.

P.S. Congratulations bug lovers, your bug as been officially recognized as a genuine, Jagex game mechanic. Grats on discovering the secret code combination of food brew attack overload food brew attack overload before me. BTW, here is a good old cheaters code I remember, up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right A, B, A, B, select, start. Super Contra anybody?

[/hide]

Sara brews were released on the 24th of October 2005 making them ALMOST 5 years old. (source). And it was never a bug. quit spamming us with your idiocy. Have fun with Nomad/tanking dclaws/soloing corp/soloing arma without brews stacking.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I've released Tip.It's Court Cases D&D guide. However, I'm missing a picture of the Mugger's chathead, so if anyone could send me the raw image, I'd be more than happy to use it in the guide and credit whoever sends it to me. :)

Sorry, but he never makes a personal appearance in the court room.

Bah. I have the same trouble with Court Cases that I do with Phoenix Wright games. After going over the evidence, I come to the same conclusion as the game--that ExampleA did it and why. But because I don't go about presenting these facts in the same way the game code dictates, I either flat out lose the case or get horrible rewards because of it. It kind of makes me wish that there were more descriptive options. Still love it, though.

Can anyone tell me if you can get these court summons repeatedly? Because right now it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a D&D. Feels more like a miniquest, like Mage Arena or the Runecrafting pouch is.

And bah, yesterday I died twice at Saradomin GWD because I wasn't used to the new delay. I'm so happy they changed it back. Also love the new look of lots of items--same overall design, different perspective angles. They're neat. Charms and runes especially. They really look great, like they're actual objects.

hzvjpwS.gif

I've released Tip.It's Court Cases D&D guide. However, I'm missing a picture of the Mugger's chathead, so if anyone could send me the raw image, I'd be more than happy to use it in the guide and credit whoever sends it to me. :)

Sorry, but he never makes a personal appearance in the court room.

He does however appeared in the jail cell in the court house next to the clerk when you take on the case and you can talk to him. I did so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anyone else having disconnection issues since this update? :blink:

I am having disconnection lost when click on "Exit to Lobby." When clicking it fast, you get connection lost. one slow click works though.

Same, and after dc I get logged back in. So Jagex is clearly trying to force us to keep playing indefinately.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Anyone else having disconnection issues since this update? :blink:

I am having disconnection lost when click on "Exit to Lobby." When clicking it fast, you get connection lost. one slow click works though.

Same, and after dc I get logged back in. So Jagex is clearly trying to force us to keep playing indefinately.

world 117 crashed and i had to spend some time getting back my prom 2h and plate.

other people lost thier hoods/bloodnecklaces

whole party ruined trying too make a guy some prom stuff he just sat at base whole time cuz didnt have his sagbow/prom spear...a 104 nub sold the prom i mined >.>

fail day for dungeoneering .

StarViv.png

* Fixed a problem with salmon being caught in Fish Flingers.

Finally! I've sent in a few bug reports about this. I guess getting angry in the bug report helps, since I did that in my most recent one a few days ago.

EDIT: Apparently Jagex lied to us. This bug still isn't fixed.

Edited by Monkeyguy789

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

Bah. I have the same trouble with Court Cases that I do with Phoenix Wright games. After going over the evidence, I come to the same conclusion as the game--that ExampleA did it and why. But because I don't go about presenting these facts in the same way the game code dictates, I either flat out lose the case or get horrible rewards because of it. It kind of makes me wish that there were more descriptive options. Still love it, though.

Can anyone tell me if you can get these court summons repeatedly? Because right now it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a D&D. Feels more like a miniquest, like Mage Arena or the Runecrafting pouch is.

And bah, yesterday I died twice at Saradomin GWD because I wasn't used to the new delay. I'm so happy they changed it back. Also love the new look of lots of items--same overall design, different perspective angles. They're neat. Charms and runes especially. They really look great, like they're actual objects.

See, the thing is that you're playing a LAWYER. A POLICE OFFICER or DETECTIVE is the one who figures out what happened. The lawyer is not the person who does that. They're the person who represents another person who is either the prosecutor or defendant, and you're supposed to act in that person's interests regardless of the situation, within the court's rules.

So, instead of trying to solve the case outright, you should be trying to represent your client with the most convincing responses.

This is the same way it works in a debate club. There may be some points where you can find out conclusively that somebody is guilty or not guilty, but most of the time the lines are blurred. Unlike many court dramas and television shows and video games that you may have experienced, it is not a faux detective story with dramatic reveals and hidden motives.

Yes, there may be many things wrong with this kind of system, but ultimately it is up to the jury to decide to their best ability, or perhaps just the judge in cases where the jury is not involved.

You should feel lucky that you even get to choose which side to argue for. I've been forced to defend the smoking industry in an exercise once, and when I succeeded, everybody gave me cabbage about it and I took it because HELL IT IS MY FREAKING JOB AND IT WOULD BE WRONG TO MAKE AN EXCEPTION AGAINST PRINCIPLE

8f14270694.jpg

The lawyer is not the person who does that. They're the person who represents another person who is either the prosecutor or defendant, and you're supposed to act in that person's interests regardless of the situation, within the court's rules.

So, instead of trying to solve the case outright, you should be trying to represent your client with the most convincing responses.

Same issue happens regardless if I'm prosecuting the guilty mugger or trying to persuade the 'jury' that he's innocent. So while I really appreciate the explanation of what a debate is, it really doesn't help my situation. :unsure:

I can debate fairly well, but because when I click these one-word options, I have no way to know what they'll 'argue' for. It ends up lowering my score.

hzvjpwS.gif

The lawyer is not the person who does that. They're the person who represents another person who is either the prosecutor or defendant, and you're supposed to act in that person's interests regardless of the situation, within the court's rules.

Same issue happens regardless if I'm prosecuting the guilty mugger or trying to persuade the 'jury' that he's innocent. So while I really appreciate the explanation of what a debate is, it really doesn't help my situation. :unsure:

I can debate fairly well, but because when I click these one-word options, I have no way to know what they'll 'argue' for. It ends up lowering my score.

Its not even a complicated system.

Jury either sides with you or is undecided.

If they side with you you get reward

If thgey are undecided you have to start over.

You're reward doesn't get "lowered" by things.

I agree some of the options its hard to tell wtf you're gonna come out with and whether it will actually help ur case; but it seems to be you can keep doing evidence until you have presented all items once. And witnesses until all have been asked 1 question.

So my solution is save fingerprints til last so you have the chance to do-over evidence

And where possible do a witness last where you know what to ask them (easier in cases where u get to interview some/all outside because you get the questions and answers you give in court roughly)

Then its about aiming it at the right court members, they have give away words.

Prime example: drunken dwarf is described as rowdy and lvoes to party; one guys description clear says he dislikes partys

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hint: You can easily cheat by canceling out of the dialogue when an answer path doesn't look like it's going to pan out for you. For the ridiculously clueless, that means just click on the map or anything other than the dialogue.

However, it helps to focus on what your goal is (your character usually mentions in the opening statement) and to avoid choices that don't have anything to do with your goal.

I do get that their choices can be kind of stupid at times, though.

BTW, once all the "correct choices" under each category (evidence and witnesses) have been made, your character will move on to the other category or end the case, so if you suddenly stop talking about either, then you're clear for that section.

8f14270694.jpg