09-Jun-2010 - Court Cases

LatinII

Rofl. Seems to me that you now can only drink brews at the same rate as regular food. Other potions seem unaffected.

Good fight soloing.

Yep, brews are now "useless" for soloing, I guess they're good for boss monsters that hit slowly over a longer fight as you're getting more space for them. However if you're in danger of getting killed and need to heal quicker, you're better with sharks.

And now I just realised that Nomad still exists for me... That'll be fun without Brews in their old state...

Aaah, sweet relief... Hint: check avatar and sig. He would've been hell without sharkbrewing.

I used a 100% inventory of Brews/Super Restores fighting Nomad. It can be done without brew-food'ing.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....I am freaked out. I cant log out O.O. Every time I log out, it says I lost connection, and attempts to reconnect. And then I log in again. WTF????? Am I alone in this freaky thing?

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

This sara brewing bug abuse is a debacle.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out why people bought sara brews like they were useful or something.

I mean it only heals like 14 a dose, craps on all stats not called def, and is generally a pain in the rear unless you need to boost your hp beyond max.

Now I find out all the "low lifes" and "no defs" found a nice back door bug to chug up brews without it counting like a normal round of food/potion.

Figures...

So like if 10k players abuse a bug, is it still a bug, or do you call it a game mechanic... lolol

P.S. If they change this back like KING PAUL OF THE KNUCKLEDRAGGERS is going on about on RSOF, then I am going to be POed.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I was hoenstly always too lazy to use brews+food, but if I'm reading this right, brews on their own interrupt combat now, is that correct? because that is...not coo...but the rsof thread somone pointed to gives me some hope that this might be reversed.

EDIT:

For the longest time I couldn't figure out why people bought sara brews like they were useful or something.

I mean it only heals like 14 a dose, craps on all stats not called def, and is generally a pain in the rear unless you need to boost your hp beyond max.

Now I find out all the "low lifes" and "no defs" found a nice back door bug to chug up brews without it counting like a normal round of food/potion.

Figures...

So like if 10k players abuse a bug, is it still a bug, or do you call it a game mechanic... lolol

P.S. If they change this back like KING PAUL OF THE KNUCKLEDRAGGERS is going on about on RSOF, then I am going to be POed.

How is expecting a potion to act similarly to every other potion in the game "bug abuse?"

And to your first point, 16*4 aka 64 is how much each brew heals per inventory spot which is greater than any thing else in the game barring stackables.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

How is expecting a potion to act similarly to every other potion in the game "bug abuse?"

And to your first point, 16*4 aka 64 is how much each brew heals per inventory spot which is greater than any thing else in the game barring stackables.

you're forgetting prayer potions, super restore potions and super prayer potions, both directly through soul split, and indirectly through protection prayers

I'm really glad they fixed this bug or game mechanic, whatever you call it. It's now more about strategy, not clicking a million times a minute when you pvp and pvm. This update lends itself to using the combat triangle, to adapting your gear to the fight, to hybriding, to compromising and not just relying on food to save you whenver your strategy fails.

I've been a shark brewer, i've been a "pure-fooder" when i haven't bothered to click a ton, just wanting to relax.

I was hoenstly always too lazy to use brews+food, but if I'm reading this right, brews on their own interrupt combat now, is that correct? because that is...not coo...but the rsof thread somone pointed to gives me some hope that this might be reversed.

EDIT:

Figures...

Okay you drink 64 doses of sara-brew and tell me how nice it attacking something with your 1 attack, 1 strength, 1 magic, and1 range.

But, I know what you are going to say.

Why of course I will bring 16 super restores as well.

So in the beginning when the stupid pot came out you would have drank a sara brew, lost fast combat round (rapid knife speed), drank super restore, lost fast combat round, drank super attack, lost fast combat round, drank super strength, lost fast combat round, drank super def, lost fast combat round, and your ready to melee again.

No idea when this bug appeared, probably during one of the many stupid runetek updates for the sake of graphics....

But, hey its fixed now so lets all cry about it... not.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

you're forgetting prayer potions, super restore potions and super prayer potions, both directly through soul split, and indirectly through protection prayers

I'm really glad they fixed this bug or game mechanic, whatever you call it. It's now more about strategy, not clicking a million times a minute when you pvp and pvm. This update lends itself to using the combat triangle, to adapting your gear to the fight, to hybriding, to compromising and not just relying on food to save you whenver your strategy fails.

I've been a shark brewer, i've been a "pure-fooder" when i haven't bothered to click a ton, just wanting to relax.

I don't think I've disagreed more with anything else in my life.

EDIT:

Figures...

Okay you drink 64 doses of sara-brew and tell me how nice it attacking something with your 1 attack, 1 strength, 1 magic, and1 range.

So in the beginning when the stupid pot came out you would have drank a sara brew, lost fast combat round (rapid knife speed), drank super restore, lost fast combat round, drank super attack, lost fast combat round, drank super strength, lost fast combat round, drank super def, lost fast combat round, and your ready to melee again.

No idea when this bug appeared, probably during one of the many stupid runetek updates for the sake of graphics....

I stand corrected.

Btw, it's been around for 5 years and there is a very good chance that it will be changed back.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Ohk well I don't mind the Sara brew glitch, but really... do you have any idea how many D claw rushers are gonna PJ the hell out of everyone?

What I am more angry about is why the hell Jagex insists on changing the damned inventory items every time. They always suck. They were good originally. I loved the runes 2 updates ago... The last update sucked and this one I can deal with. The pots however... please for the love of god change them back.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

i dunno how i managed it; but after i completed my river troll court case (I won) i went to the clerk to collect my reward and i didn't get an option for it :(

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

EDIT:

Figures...

Everything so far you have said has been pretty idiotic, sorry epicly stupid, esp considering your stats, i mean seriously? Unless you have no CLUE about either PvP or PvM (high end, armadyl, soloing with overloads?).

There was nothing that needed to be changed with this at all and is further proof that many on the balance team have no clue about the real game play.

PvP - You brew + shark, great you heal 36 BUT you just pretty much nuke'd your stats, fine as a fall back if your claw rushed etc, but normally you wouldn't do it as next round = super att/str etc poting...

PvM - Overloads, and any tanking idea possible.

Also good question, what idiotic pure rusher with stupid dragon claws thought to file several thousand bug reports to let some moron @ jagex HQ make this change?

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

EDIT:

Figures...

64 is the health healed by 4 doses of brew. 4 doses of brew require 1.33 doses (a third of an inventory space) of super restore potion to recover. Therefore, you get 640 life points for 1.33 inventory spaces - that's why this potion is useful as a potion, without all the other things you can do with it.

You are apparently unaware of how to drink potions. You need to drink a dose in the game tick after you attack with your weapon (not spam click, timed click); if you do this right, you do not lose any time whatsoever from drinking a potion during combat. That's why people are willing to put up with the annoying side effects of a Saradomin Brew potion to use it during combat. It's not food, it's a potion, it has several effects - one of which is boosting your life points. That's why Overloads are so effective - one sip and you don't need to lose a combat round until your next one.

The potion dynamic has been around for years...there was no potion that did nothing but raise hitpoints. There were advantages to be had but disadvantages to work around. There was no cheapness.

This "bugfix" did not do what it was intended to do - stop quick consumption combos - yet it had tremendously detrimental effects on one of the most widely used potions (and not used solely for 'sharkbrewing' against PKers).

2496 Completionist

That's sorta what I thought... except spending the hours on end for 99 in just one courthouse would be full of suck. Oh wait....

Touché.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Trembake:

lrn2rs.

Seriously. Usually I would bother with a little bit of tact. But being pissed at this update, combined with the hoards of people WHO HAVE NO CLUE what they are talking about is too much. You don't know how potions work. Don't post.

Trembake:

lrn2rs.

Seriously. Usually I would bother with a little bit of tact. But being pissed at this update, combined with the hoards of people WHO HAVE NO CLUE what they are talking about is too much. You don't know how potions work. Don't post.

Well, there is a decent chance that it will be changed back. Too bad there is no way to know when that would be...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Trembake:

lrn2rs.

Seriously. Usually I would bother with a little bit of tact. But being *** at this update, combined with the hoards of people WHO HAVE NO CLUE what they are talking about is too much. You don't know how potions work. Don't post.

Agreed. Overloads reboost your stats by 25 every 15 seconds. Meaning I can start an online stopwatch and time my brews so I don't need super restores.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Why are they always adding useless content like this?

And taking away usefull content.

What is the definition of usefull content?

Useful rewards would be one.

Honestly, jagex doesn't need to keep messing with items in invy. They just look worse, especially nezzy helm.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Jagex Motto: If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.

I honestly agree. Jagex is too damn out of touch with their player base. They don't know how people play the game, they don't know how people boss, pk, slay, solo, etc etc etc. Honestly, I bet any TIF pker could beat any Jmod pking, as long as they have same stats/gear and jagex doesn't cheat.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I honestly agree. Jagex is too damn out of touch with their player base. They don't know how people play the game, they don't know how people boss, pk, slay, solo, etc etc etc. Honestly, I bet any TIF pker could beat any Jmod pking, as long as they have same stats/gear and jagex doesn't cheat.

I bet Kobe could beat the NBA's commissioner in one on one.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

3 things:

-The Court Cases content itself is fun and nice, but Jagex definitely needs to step up the rewards.

-Brews are already in the process of being fixed, read RSOF

-New icons are slightly different than old icons. An icon is an icon to be honest, just get used to the new ones....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-Brews are already in the process of being fixed, read RSOF

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

09-Jun-2010 18:14:18

Hi guys,

Just remember that Paul has said that we will need to think about it and consider the balancing effects.

Hopefully we can reach a result everybody is happy with, but just wanted to post a reminder that it won't necessarily be an instant change-back.

~ MMH ~

I bet Kobe could beat the NBA's commissioner in one on one.

This is a terrible analogy: the NBA is an association that's main focus is entertainment. David Stern isn't changing the rules to affect how you play it in your driveway, he's working to make it more entertaining for the fans.