09-Jun-2010 - Court Cases

LatinII

All done. Was good fun imo. :P Yeah its not "usefull" for anything, but neither is Runescape in general.

Some of the cases made me smile too, like *Bot*ros vs the Drunken Dwarf.

flh7wx.png

6i702v.png

-----

The wig you get is like a short-cut version of the powdered wig and it doesnt enhance the angry emote like the powdered wig does.

That's really the funniest thing i've seen on rs. Too bad the timing of this makes them make fun of themselves.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it Jagex... I'm not even a pker and the shark-brew thing annoys me. I frequently used that while killing bosses.

I REALLY hope that this only affects brews and sharks together... because if it means that we drink brews slower, or can't eat and then drink a prayer pot at the same time... lots of things have been severely impacted. Time to find out.

Rofl. Seems to me that you now can only drink brews at the same rate as regular food. Other potions seem unaffected.

Good fight soloing.

Yep, brews are now "useless" for soloing, I guess they're good for boss monsters that hit slowly over a longer fight as you're getting more space for them. However if you're in danger of getting killed and need to heal quicker, you're better with sharks.

Rofl. Seems to me that you now can only drink brews at the same rate as regular food. Other potions seem unaffected.

Good fight soloing.

Yep, brews are now "useless" for soloing, I guess they're good for boss monsters that hit slowly over a longer fight as you're getting more space for them. However if you're in danger of getting killed and need to heal quicker, you're better with sharks.

And now I just realised that Nomad still exists for me... That'll be fun without Brews in their old state...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

As much as I hate Libs... I can't help but agree. This isn't like the bursting issue. This is actually a major part of the high-end part of the game that was changed and I see no reason what-so-ever to warrent such a change.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=70kF6QXxAc4/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,635,61107150

They're looking into removing the delay again due to the bugfix's unpopularity.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Good fight soloing.

And now I just realised that Nomad still exists for me... That'll be fun without Brews in their old state...

Glad I did it like three days ago :thumbup:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

By Paul on the RSOF:

In todays update we made a change to eating sharks and Saradomin Brews.

Previously if you drank the potion then ate some food, there was a delay, but if you reversed the order you didnt get a delay. We changed it so there was a delay both ways round. This was changed as a direct result of player bug reports and investigation to back up the reports.

This doesnt seem to have been the most popular bugfix weve ever done. People didnt appreciate a sudden change in a mechanic they relied on in certain combat scenarios.

As a result of this, we are considering re-introducing the one-way behavior or even removing the delay both ways round.

There are also a number of other food/potion combos which have one-way delays, so we will have to consider if they should have the delays removed too.

**** YA!

Quick find code: 164-165-119-61107156

bc8ebae3b0.png

Someone on the before mentioned rsforums thread posted this:

--------------------

honestly dude paul. this isnt the time. are school lost the soccer match and i tripped over my favorite hot wheels toy and broke it. so if u REALLY want me to snap i will. u will be dead...rip

--------------------

Made me chuckle, lol

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Since jagex seems to know the issue and it might come back...food+choc bomb still works without a delay. Still useable for pking, but not good for soloing.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

--------------------

honestly dude paul. this isnt the time. are school lost the soccer match and i tripped over my favorite hot wheels toy and broke it. so if u REALLY want me to snap i will. u will be dead...rip

--------------------

Made me chuckle, lol

His grammar is atrocious.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I am disappointed that this whole court thingy is not a skill. Call it lawyering if you want. Instead of getting attack or defense experience, we should be getting lawyering experience. As you level up, the cases get more difficult and give greater amounts of experience, just like the other skills.

It would tie in nicely with some of the other skills, like thieving. When pick pocketing a NPC, when they stun you and demand, What do you think you are doing? You can calmly reply, I am an office of the court, now shut-up, stand still and empty your pockets.

Maybe at some high level of lawyering you could have unlimited, implied law runes. There would be no need to even carry them; their existence would be implied by your high lawyering level. Or, lawyers could have a special weapon, a briefcase, which would do considerable high damage to rouges, pirates and other unsavory Runescape characters.

Lawyering could be a considerable money maker. Just representing all the miscreants that populate Runescape would ensure a steady supply of income. And, of course, at a high enough lawyering level, you will be able to bribe judges and intimidate jurors, allowing for guaranteed victories!

One thing a high level lawyer would be allowed to do is to arrest that annoying mime. Instead of copying his inane miming, a high level lawyer can instead just ship him off to jail where he will spend some quality time with foul smelling ogres, hill giants, dwarfs and real estate agents.

Actually, this is such a no-brainer for a new skill, I am already making a list of class action lawsuits to file in Runescape. At the top of my list are any associate of the random events cabal. Evil Bob, prepare to defend yourself.

There clearly can be more interaction with the rest of the game than allowed by certain, unnamed yet recent addition to the list of Runescape skills. So why not? Be a lawyer! Help clean up the dirty and foul the clean parts of Runescape, all in the name of the law!

By Paul on the RSOF:

In todays update we made a change to eating sharks and Saradomin Brews.

Previously if you drank the potion then ate some food, there was a delay, but if you reversed the order you didnt get a delay. We changed it so there was a delay both ways round. This was changed as a direct result of player bug reports and investigation to back up the reports.

This doesnt seem to have been the most popular bugfix weve ever done. People didnt appreciate a sudden change in a mechanic they relied on in certain combat scenarios.

As a result of this, we are considering re-introducing the one-way behavior or even removing the delay both ways round.

There are also a number of other food/potion combos which have one-way delays, so we will have to consider if they should have the delays removed too.

**** YA!

Quick find code: 164-165-119-61107156

Another perfect example of how completely out of touch Jagex is with its players. Everyone here immediately recognized the impact of this change; they just listed it as a bugfix as if it was of little importance. And then as usual, they are surprised by the reaction and consider undoing it.

They keep insisting their developers are avid players, and they keep belying that claim with their actions.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I am disappointed that this whole court thingy is not a skill. Call it lawyering if you want. Instead of getting attack or defense experience, we should be getting lawyering experience. As you level up, the cases get more difficult and give greater amounts of experience, just like the other skills.

It would tie in nicely with some of the other skills, like thieving. When pick pocketing a NPC, when they stun you and demand, What do you think you are doing? You can calmly reply, I am an office of the court, now shut-up, stand still and empty your pockets.

Maybe at some high level of lawyering you could have unlimited, implied law runes. There would be no need to even carry them; their existence would be implied by your high lawyering level. Or, lawyers could have a special weapon, a briefcase, which would do considerable high damage to rouges, pirates and other unsavory Runescape characters.

Lawyering could be a considerable money maker. Just representing all the miscreants that populate Runescape would ensure a steady supply of income. And, of course, at a high enough lawyering level, you will be able to bribe judges and intimidate jurors, allowing for guaranteed victories!

One thing a high level lawyer would be allowed to do is to arrest that annoying mime. Instead of copying his inane miming, a high level lawyer can instead just ship him off to jail where he will spend some quality time with foul smelling ogres, hill giants, dwarfs and real estate agents.

Actually, this is such a no-brainer for a new skill, I am already making a list of class action lawsuits to file in Runescape. At the top of my list are any associate of the random events cabal. Evil Bob, prepare to defend yourself.

There clearly can be more interaction with the rest of the game than allowed by certain, unnamed yet recent addition to the list of Runescape skills. So why not? Be a lawyer! Help clean up the dirty and foul the clean parts of Runescape, all in the name of the law!

Dunno if you were sarcastic or not but damn, that sounds WAY MORE appealing than dungeoneering.

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

--------------------

--------------------

Made me chuckle, lol

His grammar is atrocious.

Obviously not 13+

td2sig.jpg

Dunno if you were sarcastic or not but damn, that sounds WAY MORE appealing than dungeoneering.

That's sorta what I thought... except spending the hours on end for 99 in just one courthouse would be full of suck. Oh wait....

a70c7.png

Good fight soloing.

Aaah, sweet relief... Hint: check avatar and sig. He would've been hell without sharkbrewing.

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

Anyone else have a broken friends list? Or is it just me?

They fixed the PoH graphics glitch, thank god, my computer was running really slow on the software setting.

And court cases....Not to bad, I guess, but not the best update of the month.

So....Pest control quest next week? :pray:

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

QFC- 15-16-703-61107804

MMH did a little bit of explaining on why these kind of things happen. Question is of course asked by our lovely Qeltar. :)

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

As Paul explains in his sticky, this was sent in as a bug and so it would have been treated like one. If the developer who it was passed too was not familiar with that particular aspect of the game it might be over-looked. )

Jagex' bug fixing team is not familiar with RuneScape? And he just discovered that??