09-Jun-2010 - Court Cases

LatinII

After your shenanigans in the courthouse during the Kings Ransom quest, you might think the Seers Village court would think twice about inviting you back, but its a good thing for you that justice is blind! Theyve opened their doors to adventurers once more, as they need prosecutors and defenders to help whittle down their backlog of cases.

To get back in the swing of things, speak to the court clerk for your first case: Roger Murray Vs Mugger (level: 6). The law has finally caught up with this notorious brigand, and you must decide whether to bring him to justice or stand up for the little guy. To win you will have to match fingerprints, ask your witnesses the right questions and present the evidence that best supports your case, then appeal to the Jury member most likely to empathise with your argument.

Dont think its just Mugger (level: 6) going under the gavel. Many of RuneScapes most famous (and infamous) residents will soon be having their day in court. Is the Drunken Dwarf a menace to the community or just a loveable, sozzled old fool? Is the river troll perfectly within his rights to defend his property or simply a crazed, fish-smelling vigilante? Pick your side and state your case.

After sealing Mugger (level: 6)s fate in your first case, keep an eye open while skilling and killing for a court summons drop. These can be received as drops, from Treasure Trails and fishing caskets, or by pickpocketing certain NPCs check the Game Guide for more information. Each summons you receive will give you access to a new case; just show it to the court clerk when you get one. There are five cases available to complete now, but, before too long, another eleven cases will find their way into the judges hands, so get cracking.

For all your hard work, youll be amply rewarded. Choosing to defend will give you Defence XP and prosecuting the guilty will get you Attack XP the amount of XP you receive relates to the difficulty of the case. As well as XP, some cases may reward you with a little something extra: expect to eat humble pie, try on some new wigs, and receive other such useful items.

Mod Nancy

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Court Cases:

Talk to the clerk at Seers' Village Courthouse for your first case.

Requirements to play Court Cases:

To begin, you must have completed the King's Ransom quest and have 65 Attack (to prosecute) or 65 Defence (to defend).

After completing your first case, you will also need a court summons to access further cases. These can be dropped by monsters; found on Treasure Trails; picked from certain pockets; and found in fishing caskets.

In other news...

We've added a warning message if you attempt to drop expensive items.

We've fixed a problem where too many combination runes were being consumed by various spells to make POH tablets.

Weve added a new custom graphics setting so that users with low memory can restrict their screen size when in resizable mode, to improve performance.

Were now returning Demo Mode to its original purpose, so it is currently not available to existing players (unless they already have a Demo Mode save state on their computer).

[hide=Patch Notes]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Fixed several more z-bias issues throughout RuneScape.

* Fixed a problem with the heightmapping in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon.

* Bank tab separator lines should now appear in all detail modes.

* Corrected inconsistencies when wearing the Armadyl helmet on female characters.

* Added some roof removal to houses near Seers Village.

* Tweened the animations when making various teleport tablets in your POH.

Quests

* Added the correct information for the Elemental Workshop III objective.

* The Fairy Tale III wand will now correctly take you to Zanaris via the shed.

* Fairy Tale IIIs orks should now pay more attention to nearby enemies.

Activities and Distractions & Diversions

* The Castle Wars reward interface now shows the correct ticket prices for items.

* Fixed a problem with salmon being caught in Fish Flingers.

* Impling catching now better handles two players swiping their nets or hands at the same time.

Miscellaneous

* Corrected a minor problem when adding certain items to the last slot of your bank.

* Losing your familiar while asking about a special Slayer task shouldn't interrupt it any more.

* Brawling gloves now correctly work at the Ectofuntus.

* Familiars are no longer forced to disappear when walking around in Varrock.

* You can no longer eat food and drink a Saradomin Brew at the same time.

* The scroll of life Dungeoneering reward will now work when chopping down trees grown in your Farming patches.[/hide]

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome update! Can't wait til I can try it out next week!

Unspam: Haha, very funny. You just beat me posting this. Gratz to you. <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

"To begin, you must have completed the King's Ransom quest"

Fml <_< I hate quests.

King's Ransom is a good quest. ;o [/Quest obsession]

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The XP rewards are pretty useless for me as I'm 99 in attack and defence (plus the amounts given are minuscule). I wonder if some of the other rewards are any good though; didn't see anything on the knowledge base.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

The XP rewards are pretty useless for me as I'm 99 in attack and defence (plus the amounts given are minuscule). I wonder if some of the other rewards are any good though; didn't see anything on the knowledge base.

Yeah, something about humble pie and some wigs. Yay :razz:

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

"If you complete all 5 cases, you will be given a barrister's wig to wear and impress your friends with your legal eagle skills. "

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/court_cases

in the patch notes you cant eat food and sara brew at once now. gf pkers?

That was the REAL update, lol.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Patch Notes: The scroll of life Dungeoneering reward will now work when chopping down trees grown in your Farming patches.

Wow ! Imagine combining that with a Hydra.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

"If you complete all 5 cases, you will be given a barrister's wig to wear and impress your friends with your legal eagle skills. "

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/court_cases

It seems to hint at items/other rewards from individual cases too.

Perhaps successfully defending the mugger gets you a mugger familiar? :-P

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Let's hope that this system update will improve my luck for boss hunting. <_<

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

in the patch notes you cant eat food and sara brew at once now. gf pkers?

That was the REAL update, lol.

That's hateful jagex...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

"Activities and Distractions & Diversions

* Fixed a problem with salmon being caught in Fish Flingers."

:thumbsup:

"Miscellaneous

* The scroll of life Dungeoneering reward will now work when chopping down trees grown in your Farming patches."

I call this one... :^_^:

"To begin, you must have completed the King's Ransom quest"

Fml <_< I hate quests.

King's Ransom is a good quest. ;o [/Quest obsession]

I've not done it yet though and I cba doing iiiit *whine* :P

Oh cmon, its not that hard. No killing and good defense xp at the end.

I DARE you to do it. :thumbsup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Wow huge graphical re-work. Dozens of items have been reworked.

Examples:

-All runes

-All charms

-All potions(4)

-Defenders

-Godswords

Plus I heard Jagex f'd up Halloween masks. LOL.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .