09-Jun-2010 - Court Cases

LatinII

Dang, it seems like after this update, my internet connection seems to glitch up a lot more often now. :wall:

Dungeon rooms won't load properly, disconnecting is frequent, and high latency overall.

Oh well, hope for the best I guess.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* You can no longer eat food and drink a Saradomin Brew at the same time.

Really?... You can't even chug the brews alone anymore... They act like all other food...

And to think I was going to Solo Arma for a while...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

So I guess all that talk Jagex had about emergent gameplay a year ago or so was for nothing... :P

This could be compared with how Blizzard handled the muta stacking bug in StarCraft in 2005. Except Blizzard acknowledged it as emergent gameplay and let the bug stay. Goes to show that some companies are just better decision makers than others. However, I do like RuneScape a lot better than WoW.

If you don't see what I'm getting at, I'm talking about the shark + brew thing. (In my opinion) the shark brewing gave a certain balance to PvP, and discouraged quite a bit of PJing and rushing, so today when they removed it, PvP just became that much more frustrating :( which could be compared to Zerg vs. Terran in StarCraft, where the bug made it a lot more balanced.

I haven't PKed in a loooong time though (since like 2006), but I'm still concerned.

*hopes I don't start a massive argument* :pray:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

" You can no longer eat food and drink a Saradomin Brew at the same time."

Hilarious part is, for all the pking I've done, I've never used this combo, or any food combo for that matter. It makes me wonder if anyone I ever owned used these combos.. they did seem to heal a lot at once. Best thing though, is this makes PvP no more difficult for myself, but rather much easier! Hehe actually a PvP nerf that I will thoroughly enjoy!

Also, did the brews not having a time lapse between consumption play a big part in GWD solo'ing? Could we see a slight rise in GWD equipment due to this nerf?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

All done. Was good fun imo. :P Yeah its not "usefull" for anything, but neither is Runescape in general.

Some of the cases made me smile too, like *Bot*ros vs the Drunken Dwarf.

flh7wx.png

6i702v.png

-----

The wig you get is like a short-cut version of the powdered wig and it doesnt enhance the angry emote like the powdered wig does.

" You can no longer eat food and drink a Saradomin Brew at the same time."

Also, did the brews not having a time lapse between consumption play a big part in GWD solo'ing? Could we see a slight rise in GWD equipment due to this nerf?

I expect so.

I planned to do Arma solo. Now, idk. I don't feel good about eating a Monkfish as I have 4 things that can hit me for that Monkfish attack me at once.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Whats the best NPC to gain these summons from?

Al Kharid warriors. Hands down.

Also, heh, I only got the Botros name once I called him up in court xD

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Botros is now one of favorite characters. Thank you so much for creating him! He looks just like one too! :D

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

What a useless update :thumbdown:

Hmg no new gwd update b uslesfgh122!!2

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Anything's better then a wig and 2k def exp :rolleyes:

:/ there is more than one case....

It is useless, but seems like alot fun to do. More like a distraction from everyday RS.

Some cool outfit with the following cases and I consider this a good update. (although I thought it would be kinda lame :razz: )

It is useless, but seems like alot fun to do. More like a distraction from everyday RS.

Some cool outfit with the following cases and I consider this a good update. (although I thought it would be kinda lame :razz: )

It will likely have a set effect that, when wielded with the Ring of Charos, will allow you to convince the Wise Old Man that it is in the best interest of the law to hand over his Party Hat.

bc8ebae3b0.png

wait hold on, i get the whole no more shark brew thing

but do brews have a time lapse now? as in you cant keep fighting as you drink????

what about other pots? some people dont even use rbews to solo gwd anymore but this would thuroughly nerf corp solo

a_final_name.png

Granted, I have not tried the new content, I still feel your comment is very arogant. Not that you are the only one that comes off this way here but I am going to take this time to stand upon my soapbox.

From what I have seen, skimming through content on three sites of information, this content offers little outside of humor and slight diversion. Sure that might be it's purpose but I think what evil_eye was discussing was how useless it is in the grand scheme of Runescape. It seems that even people here were able to complete the content very shortly after it was released. They have their useless wig, small amounts of attack/defense experience, and their humorous musings. In Glienoir though, what does that offer? Not much. I think that was the point, and if it wasn't please excuse me evil_eye. If it wasn't theirs, it is mine.

But see this is my opinion; my paradigm of the game. I have a right to it just as much as you do. And everyone else for that matter. I feel however that comments like yours are what has made this community feel like an elitest culture where as in the past it has been a welcomed change from other Runescape Communities. And then you may not have meant it that way. This is the main reason that I hope you do not feel like I am attacking you. I am not, but just because he has a different opinion than, does not mean it is less important than yours.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

It will likely have a set effect that, when wielded with the Ring of Charos, will allow you to convince the Wise Old Man that it is in the best interest of the law to hand over his Party Hat.

I think people should be allowed to colour their masks / p hats hehe with that combination :P Would be more fun

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg