SNSD - Girls' Generation

Sinkhan

Has/Does/Is anyone here:

-heard of SNSD

-listen to their songs

-totally obsessed with them

If you're not familiar with them, let's take it right from Wikipedia:

Girls' Generation (Korean: 소녀시대; 少女時代) is a popular nine-member South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2007. The members are, in order of announcement to be in the group, Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon (leader), Jessica, and Sunny. They are commonly referred to as SNSD, the acronym of the group's Korean name So Nyeo Shi Dae or So Nyuh Shi Dae.

I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to be weirded out when a guy likes a girl group. These girls are just totally gorgeous and freaking adorable.

Click my sig for a quick playlist of SNSD songs. 'Gee' is the song that got me completely enamoured with the group and Genie and Run Devil Run are also amazing MVs to watch. The music isn't bad either :rolleyes:

How many people listen to K-pop here at all? It's to my understanding groups like Super Junior and SHINee are popular with girls and the Wonder Girls are another popular group that actually debuted with 'Nobody'.

Hot girls. Crap Music. Well, atleast they translated 'pop' well over there in Asia.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Guys like this stuff? :-|

Obviously Asian guys like me do.

Crap Music.

Oh and Justin Bieber has a heavenly voice compared to all those girls.[/sarcasm]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Guys like this stuff? :-|

Obviously Asian guys like me do.

Crap Music.

Oh and Justin Bieber has a heavenly voice compared to all those girls.[/sarcasm]

I get the feeling Rpg doesn't have the Bieber fever...

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

That's the third or fourth time I heard the name Justin Bieber in this past week, who exactly is he?

A 16-year-old dude who sounds like a chick and he makes money off of his screaming fangirls.

[hide]HE IS THE ANTICHRIST[/hide]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

The music is exactly what most pop is - catchy to a large number of people performed by often attractive or charismatic performers.

Musically, I probably like Jazz Gee the most (Maybe Genie too. But I could just be biased from the military uniforms they wear :shock: ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-FtrWiUc5I

I take offense to all your suppositions that I'm obsessed with Asian culture. I don't watch anime outside what was ever on TV like Pokemon or Gundam stuff.

Does it really require you to be obsessed with Asian stuff to like this girl group? Like most people have already said here, they're damn attractive. Sure I find other qualities about them to like, but ultimately their appearances were what got me hooked in the first place.

In terms of music, I've never had a defined sense of what I liked. I've shown preference to classical like Chopin or Mahler, but in the end I find myself finding most things bearable to listen to, but not become engrossed with. I have a few Rammstein albums along with Snakes and Arrows. One could probably include music up there with religion, politics, and sex for topics people feel most strongly about and as such there are going to be conflicting opinions and hardheadedness.

And FYI, I, like Gallade, am also Asian. In the end, I don't think that should be relevant because people from any culture or background should be able to express interest in any other and not be ridiculed or ostracized. However, clearly the base, close-minded, 4chan influenced circle jerkers of the Internet cannot extend their views past their hyperactive 14 year old minds and being more understanding and insightful. I know age is also often attacked and I seem hypocritical for doing so. Why do I attack 14 year olds? Maybe I shouldn't. If anything, I would be hypocritical for doing so. But really I'm meaning to focus on the maturity levels of the Internet. Age is merely a capacity for one to acquire maturity, but it is by no means a quantifiable means of measure with any sort of direct correlation. I've encountered 12 year olds with more spine and composure than a lot of 16+ I've met on the Internet, be it forums, FPSs, and the like.

Haha, I admit I was very judgemental. But usually people who listen to a lot of Asian (pop) music/watch a lot of anime fit into either of these two categories: they're either incredibly socially awkward people, who look like god damn bacon goblins with no care for their outward appearance or how they smell; who are obsessed with anime and (usually) Japanese culture, and are learning Japanese on their own so they can one day move to Glorious Nippon where they will finally be accepted for the misunderstood and unique snowflakes that they are, and they are going to land a job at Square Enix because their disgusting Final Fantasy fanfic will be appreciated over there goddamnit. It usually turns out they are ephebophiles as well. Or, they are perfectly socially-adjusted and normal people who just happen to like watching a bit of anime now and again and/or like listening to manufactured, albeit catchy, Asian pop music with attractive front figures. Because hey, it's catchy as hell and who doesn't like looking at hot women.

I realise this is judgemental as well. But christ, I went to a very IT-oriented high school for 3 years, and have spent the last 12 or so years on various internet forums. It really just boils down to either of these two categories.

And if by Snakes and Arrows, you mean the Rush album, then you are seriously cool in my book. Plus you eloquently stood up for yourself without resorting to childish name-calling which is even rarer here.

2009rb9.jpg

My brother absolutely adores snsd. It gets a bit annoying when I hear it repeatedly but I did find two of their songs catchy. Can't remember which ones...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm just trying to find the logic in listening to a band because they look attractive.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I've always kind of wanted a submissive Asian girlfriend. Don't know if I could tolerate it if she was into this kind of stuff though.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.