Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Banned xbox commercial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

sunmann99
[ Display Name History ]

sunmann99

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts
Acually yes Bubsa... Another thing is when I'm playing on Xbox Live Halo 2, I run into people who are about 8-12 years old, seriously Which is totally the parents fault. And if you didn't know, one of the best Halo 2 players is 8 years old. So yes it can be the parents fault. So the influence on kids is the parents fault.
Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!
Posted Image
Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

Bubsa
[ Display Name History ]

Bubsa

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,145 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I really didn't know that, but I'd like to ask that child if he thinks the violence in the game will make him to be serial killer IRL one day.

The answer will probably be no. What some people fail (or choose to ignore) to realise is that a videogame doesn't make someone psychologically unstable. It might be a genetic fault or a past experience. People may argue that the video game can trigger the release of a psychologically unstable mind, but so can anything. Parents, as I've said before, or even cardboard. I kid you not, cardboard. A case study I've just written about singled out cardboard to be a major contributor to this patient's mental state. Should we ban cardboard as well?

Kane
[ Display Name History ]

Kane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 598 posts

Well this an Xbox 360 commercial that was banned, it's pretty obvious why it was banned, but I don't agree with it.

The main problem I see is that kids could easily start running aroudn with their hands like guns, but haven't we been doing that for ages anyway? I personally think it's a great commercial and is not nearly as bad as most commercials out there. What about a preview for a movie that shows actual violence?

http://www.keepsanej...at=Movies&id=84

Note: This link did not work for me in FF, but I've been told it works in IE.

http://dl.keepsanejo... ... mmercial.wmv

Edit: There is a direct download url. Tip.it's censo woudl not let me post the link, but I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the file that's why I've gone around the censor.

it was not banned microsoft just decided not to show it on tv incase of the fcc. if it was banned why is it on msn.com?

Guest_GhostRanger_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_GhostRanger_
  • Guests

America banned that? For God's sake...liven up. I thought Britain was a nanny state, this is just ridiculous.

America wants to ban adverts which are clearly a mimicary kind of humour, not even a black comedy, on guns...yet you still sell them freely?

Gimme a break.

As clarified on page one, this commerical was not banned. That was a rumor that started when Microsoft leaked the commercial and then decided not to air it because they thought it might be controversial. It was there own decision to not release the video on public television.

Scruffy5389
[ Display Name History ]

Scruffy5389

Prince of Tramps

• Members
  • 698 posts

America banned that? For God's sake...liven up. I thought Britain was a nanny state, this is just ridiculous.

America wants to ban adverts which are clearly a mimicary kind of humour, not even a black comedy, on guns...yet you still sell them freely?

Gimme a break.

As clarified on page one, this commerical was not banned. That was a rumor that started when Microsoft leaked the commercial and then decided not to air it because they thought it might be controversial. It was there own decision to not release the video on public television.

^^That's a pretty clever move for Microsoft, if you think about it. They've decided that it's just a little too suggestive for a regular TV audience, so they don't put it up. However, they leak on the internet. Not only do people spread it around for them at no charge, but it also targets exactly the group of people that will buy xbox. And the rumor that it was banned makes it even more effective. It's better advertising for free :shock:
Posted Image

Mayjest
[ Display Name History ]

Mayjest

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,325 posts

Gimme a break.

^^That's a pretty clever move for Microsoft, if you think about it. They've decided that it's just a little too suggestive for a regular TV audience, so they don't put it up. However, they leak on the internet. Not only do people spread it around for them at no charge, but it also targets exactly the group of people that will buy xbox. And the rumor that it was banned makes it even more effective. It's better advertising for free :shock:

It's a type of advertising called 'viral' advertising. Because the internet isn't monitored in the way TV is, it allows advertisers a free reign to explore their ideas. I'm sure if you check Kontraband, this ad will be there.
Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:
Posted Image

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

beny_2b
[ Display Name History ]

beny_2b

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 170 posts
That has to be the coolest advert I have ever seen not including life on the playstation savannah with the ventriloquists or R whites lemonade 8)

VOV
[ Display Name History ]

VOV

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 543 posts
It's all a marketing scheme, people go crazy and show all their friends "OMG SUPER BANNEDED XBOX AD OMG LOOK!!!" :wink:
I know the price. I pay it gladly.

Mayjest
[ Display Name History ]

Mayjest

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,325 posts

It's all a marketing scheme, people go crazy and show all their friends "OMG SUPER BANNEDED XBOX AD OMG LOOK!!!" :wink:

As I said, Viral Internet Ads. Remember those 'StreetKa, the Ka's evil twin' ads? Where the car would do evil things like kill birds/cats? Similar concept, except not as evil.
Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:
Posted Image

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Mr_Hyde1218
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Hyde1218

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 498 posts
haha! that really was great, but i could definitely see why the fcc (and their foreign counterparts, if any) would freak when they'd see that on the air. still great, nonetheless.
proud quest cape owner
here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)
feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)
Posted Image

trapical
[ Display Name History ]

trapical

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,426 posts
It does add to the sterotype that most games aare violent, but still a great add. I like the look on the guy in the suit when he pulls on gun on one of first 3 people. The camera pans over to him and his facial expression is like "I don't know why I'm doing this... but I am and now there's a gun to your head" :D

Good times.
Posted Image

maksta
[ Display Name History ]

maksta

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 158 posts
that was awesome... that was seriously an awesome add

Lionheart_0
[ Display Name History ]

Lionheart_0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,495 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I think it would've been better, and funnier, if they had used nerf guns or dart guns or something. It gives the same general feel without the implied lethal violence and adds more to the humor.

To me, id think that worse then using hands as guns, cause your still actuly holding somehting that represents a gun... There fore making it even more realistic then the hands...
Posted Image
Sig by Ikurai
Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

killobit
[ Display Name History ]

killobit

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

I heard the BOOM HEADSHOT too, looks like fps doug has touched the world lol.

lmao that video of him still cracks me up till this day....BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!! :P

bjbj1991
[ Display Name History ]

bjbj1991

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
that was the first thing out of microsoft to be funney (blue screens/err messages arnt).

i am getting sick of all the people that say games make kids into killers.

Posted Image

acourding to the FBI crime rate has reached a 40 year low in 2004.

note that there is a almost 2 year long gap between the ps1 and the decline

Einhasad
[ Display Name History ]

Einhasad

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
I personally loved this commercial, even though it scared me half to death when he shouted "BANG" the first time. I knew it was coming too :oops:

logic-is-overrated
[ Display Name History ]

logic-is-overrated

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,065 posts
Am I the only one who thought it was...kind of lame?
This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Killermanz
[ Display Name History ]

Killermanz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 122 posts
Nice commercial, very original. But I could of done without that music :? . I didn't find it was appropriate. It was awesome but could of been better in my opinion.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Am I the only one who thought it was...kind of lame?

Same here. I saw an amateur video of something like that in a college/university gym. It was better imo.

codestream
[ Display Name History ]

codestream

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
huh..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users