Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Observer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen a few in 3D, and probably the only movie that wasn't worse for it was Avatar, and even then it wasn't worth the extra couple bucks.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Can't wait :D 22 days to go for meeee :smile:

Will probably have to wait a few more days after its release though, so the movie theatres die down a bit.

Edit: I agree, although I love 3D movies, unless they're really good movies like Avatar, they're not as 3D as you'd imagine them to be.

Also idk about everyone else, but those 3D glasses they give you really strain my eyes and give me a thumping headache after the movie o_O I hope not ALL movies will have to resort to 3D, otherwise I'll go blind, or worse, have my head explode in a cinema :x

2vuhgcn.png

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, after having seen it, I don't think it would have been all that great in 3D anyway. Sure, it would have been cool to see spells and stuff pop out at you, but when you get down to it, it's just like... a normal movie with normal stuff going on. People running around being scared and hiding from people. Why does that need to be in 3D? >.>

When Part 2 (which will be available in 3D) comes out in July, I don't plan on watching it in 3D, either. At least, not the first time I see Part 2.

As someone who works in the entertainment/theater industry, I understand the importance of 3D and what it means for the art of filmmaking, but honestly... it's just crazy how many random movies they are making in 3D these days.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Got my hands on a $2 ticket for tomorrow. Going to see it with a bunch of college kids at a college that is known for being geeky and looking like Hogwarts = :thumbup:

p2gq.jpg

Saw the midnight premiere. Super impressed with how closely it followed the books storyline. But...(see spoiler).

[spoiler=Spoiler!]Although everyone who sees this movie will know about the little piece of mirror Harry holds and uses several times throughout the movie it would've been nice for them to take a couple of seconds out of a 3 hour movie to explain it.

Zaataar.png

• 5 months later...

Looks awesome!

It'll be so sad when it's finished...There will be no more to look forward to :(

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I'm pretty excited! :P But yeah, it will be sad too. It was so sad when the books ended because they were epic. But when the movies end, Harry Potter as a whole is officially done. Quite sad :( It's like the end of a generation.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog