Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Observer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the final confrontation is in the Great Hall! My geography is shaky at times but I'm sure the Great Hall is not down some bottomless pit :unsure: I need to watch the movie now just to find out what the [bleep] they've done.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Yeah there definitely was no "z0mg let's pull Voldy off a cliff" part in the book :XD:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I hope they don't change it too much..They kept pretty true in part 1 'cept for little bits here and there.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I, too, am terribly, terribly confused about the Harry/Voldemort scene.

So far (knock on wood) this looks like the most disappointing part of the movie.

Eight movies later and they still haven't learned that you DON'T ADD RANDOM STUFF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE BOOKS. You can elect to not include trivial details or scenes, but please please please don't try to rewrite original material. I understand that it was likely done to try to make the film more dramatic... but really... it's cover-to-cover 739 pages of nonstop action. It's times like these that have you wonder why J. K. Rowling gives her approval on the films.

Can you imagine how shocking it will be to have Harry fall off of a bridge/battlement, and then suddenly appear on screen... surrounded by mist... quite dead and quite nude?

/nerd rage

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Meh, in a way I can understand why they do it, after all not everyone going to the movie has read the books. Probably the filmmaker's way of saying "GUYS THIS IS THE BIG FIGHT!", since you don't have all the narration you have in the books on a movie screen. Anyway, as long as the movie's good, which judging from the trailer, could very well be the case, I don't mind. The only thing I really minded regarding things being added was the stupid-ass scene in Half-Blood Prince where they get attacked when they're at the Shire.

I, too, am terribly, terribly confused about the Harry/Voldemort scene.

So far (knock on wood) this looks like the most disappointing part of the movie.

Eight movies later and they still haven't learned that you DON'T ADD RANDOM STUFF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE BOOKS. You can elect to not include trivial details or scenes, but please please please don't try to rewrite original material. I understand that it was likely done to try to make the film more dramatic... but really... it's cover-to-cover 739 pages of nonstop action. It's times like these that have you wonder why J. K. Rowling gives her approval on the films.

Can you imagine how shocking it will be to have Harry fall off of a bridge/battlement, and then suddenly appear on screen... surrounded by mist... quite dead and quite nude?

/nerd rage

I agree. It looks like they jump off the top of the castle or something.

rosssigfinal.jpg

You know how they have that courtyard thingy in the movie version of Hogwarts? It looks like they're falling from the clock tower to that place. Which is where the final confrontation will take place instead of the Great Hall. Big whoop. It's the same general idea.

Looks awesome.

p2gq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. These films (since the second) have been so far from the book that I can't imagine how anyone who hasn't read the books can actually understand what's going on. That said, hp7 part one was a bit better so I'm looking forward to this one anyway.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Meh. These films (since the second) have been so far from the book that I can't imagine how anyone who hasn't read the books can actually understand what's going on. That said, hp7 part one was a bit better so I'm looking forward to this one anyway.

Well, what I found for a lot of them is that they seemed a bit rushed. Especially the 5th film. They didn't even show the Quidditch match at the beginning. It's probably due to time constraints, but still... I guess it gave HP7 part one a bit more room for error in the time department since they split it into two parts.

j0xPu5R.png

Coming from someone who has just started watching and reading the books, I can understand where things come from when felt rushed. I have enjoy all the movies so far except the latter ones (not 7p1, sooooo good) just because I'm like "wait, what just happened?" That's probably because of lack of character developement that the movies have had to portray due to time restraints. The books offer so much more in that case and I can see why there is a rage when it came to the movies. Oh well, I still have liked them all and I can't wait for the last part to come out in the summer. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

• 1 month later...

Going to go see it in about 10 hours, exciting :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just got back, good stuff. Some bits were a bit too corny for my liking, but overall I'm happy with it!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Going to go see it in about 10 hours, exciting :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just got back, good stuff. Some bits were a bit too corny for my liking, but overall I'm happy with it!

Elighten us on the Voldy and Potty going mouldy and shoddy down the crumbled tower of doom.

Yes, I made it sound like Peeves. I should've done it in capital letters.

EDIT: feel free to add in spoiler tags, I don't mind spoiled movies.

22031_s.gif

For those of you (like me) who don't mind spoilers, like watching trailers and love watching interviews of the cast, etc., I would like to point out that Trailer Addict has EVERYTHING you'd love to see here: http://www.traileraddict.com/tags/harry-potter-and-deathly-hallows-part-ii

Oh -- and as of the time of this posting, Rotten Tomatoes has rated Part 2 at 95%.

:)

I am thinking of trying to get into a midnight showing tomorrow night.

nyuseg.png

My friend's dad works at a movie theater so me, my friend, and his brother get to see the movie early tomorrow. Not a midnight release, but at 7 PM, 5 hours before pretty much everyone else in the US.

Normally I could care less about the movies (The books are at least 18x better), but this being an early screening of the last movie, I'm wicked excited.

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

29 more hours until I'm in the theatres for a midnight release! I've only watched the two trailers as I want to be spoiled as little as possible, then as soon as I've seen the movie I'm going to watch every interview/all the clips. :P