Inception

Millard

The top never stopped spinning. This is an excellent article that explains everything that happened in the movie.

And honestly, while the movie isn't the MIND-BENDING AND RIDICULOUSLY CONFUSING MOVIE THAT WILL DEFINE THIS DECADE, it really is a great film.

i don't get it. he says that mal is alive, but she doesn't show up in cobb's "reality" which the author claims is a dream

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobb's reality is in fact a dream. The REAL reality we never actually see in the entire movie; it's all Cobb's dream. For most of the movie when Cobb's running around recruiting people for his Inception project we're supposed to think that's reality, when in fact it's actually just the first dream level in Cobb's mind. All of the characters are Cobb's projections, except Mal.

Remember the scene on the ledge where Mal killed herself because she found out they were both dreaming and she wanted Cobb to awake? She was right.

wl7w9j.png

[hide]The top didn't stop spinning, it started to fall a little bit but than got back up as if it was never going to stop. Wikipedia claims that it wasn't shown but it did stop spinning completly, either way it wasn't functioning like a normal spinning top.

Mal isn't showing up because she's dead in the dream and because Cobb believes the dream so much he believes its real.[/hide]

[Falador tavern]

[hide]

I thought the top wobbled a bit, as if about to fall over, and then the movie ended.

[/hide]

this.

but yea, my friend looked at the movie as if the whole thing was a dream. i thought that Cobb really did wake up. idk :unsure:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's the best scifi film I've ever seen so far.

You must not watch very many movies.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Suprised this is still an active topic,I believe the top stopped spinning and I had myself convenced why but I havn't seen the movie in quite a while now and I forget things easy.

I remember it was a great movie to watch but I wouldn't want to see it twice.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw it now. Holy [cabbage] ending...

Whole movie reminded me of Holographic Universe by Scar Symmetry but everything does atm...

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.