Inception

Millard

Does anyone get that the whole thing was a dream, or is that just me? Because throughout the movie in his dream, his kids were wearing the same clothes as they were in the end of the movie. Plus they were the same age, which to me is imposssible. but ehh

They're not wearing the same clothes. The costume designer said so.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/08/inception_costume_designer_rev.html

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and How2PK, while I agree with you, you're sounding like a douche.

Huh?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I enjoyed it.

The plot itself wasn't so great, and it was sort of choppy, plus the characters weren't really developed. However, the concept was excellent, the special effects were cool, and the fight scenes were engaging (especially that one in the anti-gravitational hallway :D). Overall, a good movie.

Does anyone get that the whole thing was a dream, or is that just me? Because throughout the movie in his dream, his kids were wearing the same clothes as they were in the end of the movie. Plus they were the same age, which to me is imposssible. but ehh

This is what I thought the ending would be, and tbh it would be an excellent ending. Throughout the movie Cobb discussed how dreams can become reality if you aren't careful. It would be really great if it turned out that the wife was right, and Cobb had been living the entire movie in a dream. The choppiness and lack of connectivity, even during the "real" scenes, made this prediction seem logical.

It's worth noting that it was never stated whether it was or wasn't a dream. At the end, didn't he spin the top and it didn't show it stop spinning? And when he got home, his kids were sitting in the same place as before. It all seems sort of surreal. I'm hoping this was an intentional blurring of the lines and not a mistake on the part of Christopher Nolan.

I enjoyed it.

The plot itself wasn't so great, and it was sort of choppy, plus the characters weren't really developed. However, the concept was excellent, the special effects were cool, and the fight scenes were engaging (especially that one in the anti-gravitational hallway :D). Overall, a good movie.

This is what I thought the ending would be, and tbh it would be an excellent ending. Throughout the movie Cobb discussed how dreams can become reality if you aren't careful. It would be really great if it turned out that the wife was right, and Cobb had been living the entire movie in a dream. The choppiness and lack of connectivity, even during the "real" scenes, made this prediction seem logical.

It's worth noting that it was never stated whether it was or wasn't a dream. At the end, didn't he spin the top and it didn't show it stop spinning? And when he got home, his kids were sitting in the same place as before. It all seems sort of surreal. I'm hoping this was an intentional blurring of the lines and not a mistake on the part of Christopher Nolan.

The entire point of the movie was the end where it didn't show the top topple, but did show it wobble as if it would topple had the scene continued. This gives it ambiguity, so you don't know whether or not it was all a dream.

It's not a [bleep]ing mistake, it is the [bleep]ing main point of the movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

But shouldn't that automatically mean it wasn't a dream? I mean after all, with the top in the dream it had a very machinic automated spin, with no wobbles whatsoever. No wobbles at all. So the mere fact that it wobbled, surely means it couldn't have been a dream. Unless of course, somehow the tops were switched, and that wasn't his, but there was no mention of any of that.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

idk if you remember but towards the beginning, there was a scene were Dom just got out of a dream went into a bathroom to spin his top and he dropped it. some guy came in and the started talking and then they went outside and the next scene started. there was no mention of the top. he just left without picking it up? i was thinking that throughout the whole movie.

but yeah the ending was kind of infuriating. i hate endings like that

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

But shouldn't that automatically mean it wasn't a dream? I mean after all, with the top in the dream it had a very machinic automated spin, with no wobbles whatsoever. No wobbles at all. So the mere fact that it wobbled, surely means it couldn't have been a dream. Unless of course, somehow the tops were switched, and that wasn't his, but there was no mention of any of that.

A top can wobble and continue spinning due to bumps on a surface. I think it just wobbled a bit so that people couldn't say it was definitely a dream. It's trying to be mysterious.

I'm pretty sure everyone knew it was going to end like that.

So obvious.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Why would you come into a topic about a movie and not expect to see spoilers? You've been here long enough to know that rules get lax by 7 pages and over a month since the movie came out haha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Why would you come into a topic about a movie and not expect to see spoilers? You've been here long enough to know that rules get lax by 7 pages and over a month since the movie came out haha.

I enjoy watching you people argue, haha. I thought either you or How2PK was saying how [cabbage]ty it was, or something like that.

[Wow, a month ?]

A top can wobble and continue spinning due to bumps on a surface. I think it just wobbled a bit so that people couldn't say it was definitely a dream. It's trying to be mysterious.

But that's the point. The spinning motion was almost surreal in the dream, and this was almost a combination. But wouldn't a combination of both equal a cancellation of one or the other?

I'm pretty sure everyone knew it was going to end like that.

So obvious.

Yea.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I enjoy watching you people argue, haha. I thought either you or How2PK was saying how [cabbage]ty it was, or something like that.

[Wow, a month ?]

Every board needs a token cynic. I'm only serving my purpose.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

[Wow, a month ?]

Ah, right. As you were then. Planning on seeing it next week, hopefully it'll be really good so I can [bleep] about how you're wrong, get excited, eh' ? :-P

[Wow, a month ?]

Can I be the token black guy?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Basically if you come into a topic about a movie/TV show after it first airs you should expect spoilers not in tags, and they shouldn't belong in tags at that point anymore. Spoiler tags should be used in regards to leaked info before some thing airs. The biggest place they are needed are for generic topics, such as the last movie you saw topic, that isn't about any particular movie. Spoilers should be used in those topics a decent amount of time after the movie comes out, sometimes forever after the movie comes out (bad example is rosebud from Citizen Kane since everyone already knows, but think about it as if not everyone knew).

I can kind of, just barely, see your argument about spoilers in these sorts of movie topics. Really I am mostly complaining about TV show topics that people [bleep] in because they didn't watch the latest episode and came into the topic and started reading. There are generally only 7 days between episodes, and it is absolutely ridiculous to have to spoiler tags on every single post in a topic that is just discussing what the topic is about.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

[Wow, a month ?]

Well, Adrenal, it really is average at best(!). :razz: Have a good time next week, haha. :lol:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw it today at the cinema and I really liked it, my friend found it a bit too complex to understand but I understood it and found a flaw.

[hide] when the van is flying through the air and it causes the hotel to become zero gravity why does this not effect the snowscape?[/hide]

A really good film, really really liked leonardo Da Vinci, yet again another good film. The ending was just a dissapointment though.

[hide]the spinning top never stopped, therfore he was in a dream all that time - this means that all of the other characters apart from leonardo are projections![/hide]

[Falador tavern]

I just saw it today at the cinema and I really liked it, my friend found it a bit too complex to understand but I understood it and found a flaw.

[hide] when the van is flying through the air and it causes the hotel to become zero gravity why does this not effect the snowscape?[/hide]

A really good film, really really liked leonardo Da Vinci, yet again another good film. The ending was just a dissapointment though.

[hide]the spinning top never stopped, therfore he was in a dream all that time - this means that all of the other characters apart from leonardo are projections![/hide]

They didn't show if it stopped, he looked away or something, if I remember right.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

They didn't show if it stopped, he looked away or something, if I remember right.

Yeah, they left it as a cliffhanger. When I went the theatre was packed and when it ended everyone was like "NOO"

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

The top never stopped spinning. This is an excellent article that explains everything that happened in the movie.

And honestly, while the movie isn't the MIND-BENDING AND RIDICULOUSLY CONFUSING MOVIE THAT WILL DEFINE THIS DECADE, it really is a great film.

wl7w9j.png

It sure was deep. I understood the levels of sleep and delving deeper (sorta like daemonheim rofl) but the last quarter of the movie I was completely lost. I'm sure if I watched it over and over I'd eventually get it, then I'd be able to say how great of a movie it was. Until it comes out on dvd and I can watch it over and over again until I get it, I'm gonna have to say it was really deep lol. Far deeper than the matrix that's for sure.

2vuhgcn.png