Inception

Millard

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That [cabbage] was mind-blowing.

You'll definitely be thinking like mad once you leave the theater.

Even I was wondering if perhaps I was in a dream as I was walking through the parking lot. It was so DEEP.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

im seeing it on sunday. i hope its deeper than the puddle i stepped in at work.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ooh I bet it is just as deep and thought-provoking as The Dark Knight.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Even I was wondering if perhaps I was in a dream as I was walking through the parking lot. It was so DEEP.

don't read the hidden stuff for spoilers

[hide]pink, do you think in the end that he was in real life or stuck in a dream? before the camera cut, it looked like the spinning top was about to fall (it was wobbling). i think that he was in real life, but my friend whom i saw it with said he was dreaming. i really hope it was real. as the camera was looking at the top, i was like "please, FALL DOWN!"[/hide]

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Ooh I bet it is just as deep and thought-provoking as The Dark Knight.

I see what you did there.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

[hide]pink, do you think in the end that he was in real life or stuck in a dream? before the camera cut, it looked like the spinning top was about to fall (it was wobbling). i think that he was in real life, but my friend whom i saw it with said he was dreaming. i really hope it was real. as the camera was looking at the top, i was like "please, FALL DOWN!"[/hide]

yeah, it was wobbling so it definitely looked like it was gonna fall. I think they had to make it wobble a little because otherwise it wouldn't make sense if they cut it while it was still spinning straight up and down

hard to say tho :mellow:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Saw it tonight, fantastically slick and clever film. Don't understand quite why there was so much secrecy surrounding the plot, it doesn't really give too much away, but there are still a few good twists. Definitely worth seeing, it really appealed to me.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'm going to see it tomorrow. I'll give it a fair chance only because DiCaprio is in it and he has been on fire lately.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

im seeing it tomorrow ! it looks really good, I watched the rotten tomatoes review of it.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Damnit, I really wanna watch this movie. I don't know when it's going to be released here though..

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm going to see it friday. I don't really want to see it, but otherwise my friend won't go to Karate Kid with me. :thumbdown:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

yeah, it was wobbling so it definitely looked like it was gonna fall. I think they had to make it wobble a little because otherwise it wouldn't make sense if they cut it while it was still spinning straight up and down

[hide]the movie leaves you wanting him to be in reality; he's been through so much and he just came to terms with his wife's death, and it looked like everything was shaping up. i had a dream that on the DvD release of it, the movie runs :10 sec longer and shows the top falling over, signaling that dom is in reality. let's hope that happens.[/hide]

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I just got back from the movie. This was pretty much how my though process went:

"Huh?"

"Oh I get it. This is pretty neat."

"Wait... what?"

"What the [bleep] is going on?"

Yeah, at the end there everything just kept getting more confusing to me, the dream-within-a-dream thing with all the characters. I really enjoyed the movie though, interesting concept.

[hide]the movie leaves you wanting him to be in reality; he's been through so much and he just came to terms with his wife's death, and it looked like everything was shaping up. i had a dream that on the DvD release of it, the movie runs :10 sec longer and shows the top falling over, signaling that dom is in reality. let's hope that happens.[/hide]

[spoiler=ending]It was a dream I think. Think about this, you had to be woken up per level at a time. DiCaprio went straight from the subconscious to the airplane all at once. AND he drowned in the truck in the 1st level of the dream, so he should be stuck in limbo. However, it may be real because it did wobble, and the one in the dream had a slower much more surreal perfect spin. Like it was an automated machine, this looks like it was spun by a human. Also I have a theory that since it is after all his *mind* that once his wife Mal died, it kind of broke the rules and jolted him to reality. Because that world was falling apart, and it was in the subconscious, he couldn't have created a world out of the subconscious, it was doomed.

I loved this movie more than I ever thought I would.

[spoiler=question]

Did the time thing make sense? The way I thought they explained it was it would take a total of 10 years for them to plant the seed? They only spent 1-2 days top in the dream. And thats a huge stretch.

It was everything and anything I expected it to be. The trick to understanding Nolan's flims is not to let yourself get caught up in them; they're all very shallow if you think about it.

The "everything is a dream and there is no reality" concept is one that has been used too many times for this movie to have been amazing in my opinion. He had to do something awesome with it for it to hit home, but instead he just made it confusing.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

[spoiler=question]

Did the time thing make sense? The way I thought they explained it was it would take a total of 10 years for them to plant the seed? They only spent 1-2 days top in the dream. And thats a huge stretch.

To answer Saru's question:

The time thing did make sense. The 10 years thing was just theoretically how much time they would have in a sub-level if they had X amount of time in one sub-level above. The reason the inception was short was because everything didn't go as they planned. They didn't expect his first level of subconscious to be trained to attack invaders, so they had to improvise. The amount of time they would spend in each sub-level depended on how long it took for the kick in the higher sub-level to take them out of it. So when in the FIRST sub-level they started to get attacked, the driver had to drive the van off the bridge earlier than planned, which limited the time they had in the dreams within dreams within dreams, etc. However, each deeper sub level had a longer time frame while the van was falling, which was a really awesome scene sequence.

I understand the movie pretty well but this is extremely hard to explain through the internet haha...sorry

oh ok that makes sense lol. I thought they meant no matter what it would be that long.

Just got back from seeing it.

I think he left the top spinning because throughout the movie one of the major question that is raised is, "Is Cobb mentally stable? Or has he been been consumed by his dreams?" if the top fell it would ruin any repeat viewing as we would know the truth behind the whole film.

tFtfA.jpg