Millard

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasnt that great. It wasnt terrible though either.

When the van was falling I just got completely bored.

Seriously I was just about bored to death.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I still wonder how that makes the movie any more itneresting, though.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Its the interesting movie ..

I watched the Trailer of this Film "Inception " in this site http://www.mtjunkie.org/ then i watched it in theater ..

The story sounds very interesting & cinematography is cool and pleasant....

Director has took fantastic film & i felt happy to watch it ...

He has given a movie that has his stamp in the form of an Thrilling and engrossing screenplay ..

Its the best movie that ever i watched ...

disappointed. i hate it when people over hype a film and when i finally watch it it doesnt come close to my expectations

i liked shutter island better. hope leo sticks to staying away from sci-fi flicks

Agreed. After a good performance in that one, he underwhelmed in Inception.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

but you cant say inception was "bad". it's a new concept, of course people won't be satisfied. the typical movie viewer wants to see things theyve seen before, and strange things "scare" them.

"Clever things make people feel stupid, and unexpected things make them feel scared." - Futurama

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

But Inception doesn't really show us anything new or interesting. In some ways it's a well done technical achievement, a half-clever trick. But a good movie? No.

21o4pav.jpg

But Inception doesn't really show us anything new or interesting. In some ways it's a well done technical achievement, a half-clever trick. But a good movie? No.

If people enjoy the film surely that is a mark of success? The amount of people on this thread alone giving it praise indicates it is seen by many as good.

I really enjoyed watching this film last night.

I found no specific problems with it and had fun watching it. Although I always go into any film with no expectations, as I used to get frequently disappointed with films being nowhere as good as they are hyped to be, so much so, that before last night I hadn't looked at this thread, I had read any reviews, I hadn't even watched a trailer or knew what the film was about, and I don't even know what inception means. That said, I enjoyed the film, can understand why people like it, and why its getting a lot of praise, and now looking at the reviews I feel they might be over hyping it a little bit. I'd give the film 7 or 8 out of 10, but I have no intention of getting it on dvd when its released, and don't plan on watching it again any time soon.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

I really enjoyed watching this film last night.

I found no specific problems with it and had fun watching it. Although I always go into any film with no expectations, as I used to get frequently disappointed with films being nowhere as good as they are hyped to be, so much so, that before last night I hadn't looked at this thread, I had read any reviews, I hadn't even watched a trailer or knew what the film was about, and I don't even know what inception means. That said, I enjoyed the film, can understand why people like it, and why its getting a lot of praise, and now looking at the reviews I feel they might be over hyping it a little bit. I'd give the film 7 or 8 out of 10, but I have no intention of getting it on dvd when its released, and don't plan on watching it again any time soon.

That is the absolute best way to prepare to watch a movie: know nothing about it at all. 9 times out of 10 you will enjoy the movie much more. The only thing I knew about Inception was it was supposed to be weird and confusing (a little weird, not confusing though) and that it starred Leo and Ellen, and so the beginning part where we find out they are dreaming was all a surprise (well I got it before they woke up, but didn't know the movie was about dreaming until then).

There have been some absolutely epic moments in movies that would have been spoiled for me had I watched any previews or read any reviews of movies, even previews/reviews that are supposed to be spoiler free.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Oh boy, "It was a CGIfest", "It's a shallow movie that tricked you into thinking it was deep". Just a couple of comments I've seen that were almost exactly like that. Such drivel.

Look, just because you didn't like a well-received movie dosen't mean you have to insult the intelligence of those who did. Or state your opinion as fact...

Yes, it was a good movie, for the simple reason that an overwhelmingly large percentage of people that went to see it loved it.

Oh boy, "It was a CGIfest", "It's a shallow movie that tricked you into thinking it was deep". Just a couple of comments I've seen that were almost exactly like that. Such drivel.

Look, just because you didn't like a well-received movie dosen't mean you have to insult the intelligence of those who did. Or state your opinion as fact...

Yes, it was a good movie, for the simple reason that an overwhelmingly large percentage of people that went to see it loved it.

He's not making his opinion a fact he's just stating an opinion. Don't be an [wagon]hole.

Saw the movie today. The thing that I don't get really is [spoiler=spoiler]why Ellen Page's character wakes up immediately after she gets stabbed in the stomach but when Joseph Levitt's character get SHOT in the LEG he stays awake, the question arose again when Leonardo DiCarpio's character gets stabbed in the chest near then end of the film.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

If you think that he, or I, or anyone else that thought this movie was garbage did so because it was popular and well-received, keep dreaming ;)

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I thought it was a pretty good movie, but not like a mind raping film that I had been hearing it was. And I saw it baked.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I went into Inception hearing constant praise from people of different likes and dislikes (hard to avoid water cooler talk and FB feeds) and was stunned by the high critic ratings and some people saying it's the best movie "this decade".

I went in with high expectations, but not watching a trailer at all or knowing much about it other then it's praise and I came away pleased,

it's not the best movie this decade, and i'd give it a solid 8 easily, and I loved the fact the movie could mean lots of different things, but I can't critique any part of it. I didn't expect as much action, and figured it would be like Following. I did find amusing that the main character was named Cobb. It's an intellectual action movie, and I praise nolans use of his usual actors, they worked well here.

Overall - Give me a 2-3 disc special edition blu-ray and i'll buy it release day, and I RARELY buy a film on release day

Inception, not what I expected, but pleasing in every way.

More intellectually provoking than a Mind****, but still very satisfying.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

If people enjoy the film surely that is a mark of success? The amount of people on this thread alone giving it praise indicates it is seen by many as good.

Surely that's a mark of succes. But I never claimed that the movie wasn't succesful. But if you consider that the majority of the people have got [cabbage] for brains, you have to wonder if it's a mark of quality. :smile:

Dude. :thumbdown:

21o4pav.jpg

Surely that's a mark of succes. But I never claimed that the movie wasn't succesful. But if you consider that the majority of the people have got [cabbage] for brains, you have to wonder if it's a mark of quality. :smile:

so youre saying everyone who liked it is stupid? and what movies have you seen recently and found to be "good"?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

so youre saying everyone who liked it is stupid? and what movies have you seen recently and found to be "good"?

Well, stupid, that might be a bit too much (a lot of people probably are, though). Let's keep it at that those people generally don't have much understanding of movies (note how movies comes from movement, something Nolan doesn't seem to be very comfortable with). I haven't seen much movies the last two/three months, but some highlights were "A Star is Born", "Basic Instinct", "Make way for tomorrow", "De Vierde Man" and "Le Mépris".

Most people said that they liked this movie, but to be honest, I haven't seen or heard a single decent reason why I should like this movie. Let alone why this should be a "masterpiece".

21o4pav.jpg

Well, stupid, that might be a bit too much (a lot of people probably are, though). Let's keep it at that those people generally don't have much understanding of movies (note how movies comes from movement, something Nolan doesn't seem to be very comfortable with). I haven't seen much movies the last two/three months, but some highlights were "A Star is Born", "Basic Instinct", "Make way for tomorrow", "De Vierde Man" and "Le Mépris".

Most people said that they liked this movie, but to be honest, I haven't seen or heard a single decent reason why I should like this movie. Let alone why this should be a "masterpiece".

And what if I were to watch any of those movies and tell you I didn't care for it? What would you say? That I lack the intelligence to appreciate its artistic value? I'd hope not. And yet that's exactly what you seem to be saying, in reverse, about this movie. That anyone who did like it has [cabbage] for brain or is ignorant.

I do have to agree that just because many people like a movie doesn't make it "good".

While I wouldn't call Inception an "amazing" movie, nor one of the very best I've seen, I do consider it to be a good movie, for several reasons.

Visually: Impressive, effects wise. I also liked the set designs and shooting style - I found many of the sets had a new take on what was old and while not being anything "new" per se, they kept things interesting.

Acting: I didn't see a single bad actor in the entire film. Granted, the female characters were somewhat one-dimensional but that's never been Chris Nolan's strong point(dark knight??) and I do think Mal's character was one-dimensional deliberately, to show that she was only a shallow construction of Cobb's mind. Ellen Paige's character could have been a bit more interesting however.

The Idea: While the concept of dreaming and manipulation of such is far from groundbreaking, the thought put into the construction of the plot was far more than what goes into most movies - it was intricate but not so much so that it wasn't understandable.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

And what if I were to watch any of those movies and tell you I didn't care for it? What would you say? That I lack the intelligence to appreciate its artistic value? I'd hope not.

I would give you a decent explanation into understanding the movies. Because if you don't think these movies are great, you probably do lack the intelligence to recognize their artistic value (let's not even talk about appreciate it). :)

YGuy, I'll go into that later. I haven't got much time on hands at the moment.

21o4pav.jpg