Monster limit

ghjkl

Turning would be 25 minute dungeons into hour long dungeons....

Jagex seriously needs to fix this, dungeoneering has been out for almost 3 months.

/rant

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In dungeoneering, there can only be 255 npcs being displayed at once. If there are 255, then monsters you need to kill for gds wont spawn, so you have to kill monsters until those monsters spawn so you can kill them to open the gd. We shouldn't be forced to kill non gd monsters..

dungeoneering wasnt made for rushing through as fast as you can, it was made so you steadily go through all the doors, or atleast trying all the doors, and you use all the skills that there is possible in that dungeon

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

dungeoneering wasnt made for rushing through as fast as you can, it was made so you steadily go through all the doors, or atleast trying all the doors, and you use all the skills that there is possible in that dungeon

I think most people don't even understand what the rant is about- rushing is the most efficient and most widely accepted way to train dungeoneering and it is a totally fine tactic by anyones standard, but the problem is that it is bugged- You should be able to see every moster but on some occasions they will be hidden completely because of having too many active monsters still alive. Wheater rushing is good or bad, was it meant to be done like that or not(and i'm guessing it was meant to be used judging by the shadow silk hood) there is a huge bug in the game, which is very inconvenient.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

allow me to further explain the problem.

when the maximum number of monsters is reached, no further npcs may spawn. this includes barrels, statues, and familiars. that's right. you can't access your familiar. you can take from beasts of burden, but not put anything in them. bosses can be harder. sagittare will teleport and not return until you kill more monsters.

the author is correct... if they wanted you to clear every room, they should have required it.

rushing is an example of emergent gameplay. a style of play that wasn't expected, but was a creative and effective solution to the task.

there is nothing to suggest that "steadily go[ing] through all the doors" is superior to rushing, in either theory or practice. in fact, rushing seems to be better experience.

while some might say that "if you rush, you run the risk of this happening" i don't find this acceptable. the problem is an arbitrary limitation in the game engine.

fishing.gif

You mean Jagex wants people to properly train dungeoneering rather than rushing through it?

You don't say!

How is rushing not training it properly? How can you decide what way is proper or not?

You mean Jagex wants people to properly train dungeoneering rather than rushing through it?

You don't say!

you have no right to define what is proper and what is not.

do you cut down every tree, mine every rock, hunt every dromomastyx? no. so why should monsters be any different. why should there be this penalty of being unable to complete the dungeon for not killing enough things?

dungeoneering, in my opinion, is about using the resources you have to kill the boss. we're trying to progress through the floors, deeper and deeper, to get to whatever is at the bottom. that's why daemonheim was excavated.

edit: "GD" means "Guardian Door" - a door which requires all the guardians (monsters) to be killed before it can be opened. these have a stone eye above them in the door frame, other than that they're pretty much a normal door.

fishing.gif

do you cut down every tree, mine every rock, hunt every dromomastyx?

I do.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

failfloor.png

Monster limit is guaranteed on large floors tbh.

That floor is complete BS, propably the worst i've seen...

If you mine every rock, fish every spot etc, you aren't really training dungeoneering, you are training those respectful skills, but not dungeoneering. The point in training dungeoneering is to complete a dungeon as fast as you can, the number of monsters you kill matters little when you consider the speed on dungeoneering. The monster limit is complete bs as it would be the same as only being able to burn 1000 logs an hour- being punished for being efficient.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

In dungeoneering, there can only be 255 npcs being displayed at once. If there are 255, then monsters you need to kill for gds wont spawn, so you have to kill monsters until those monsters spawn so you can kill them to open the gd. We shouldn't be forced to kill non gd monsters..

This has only happened to me once, and it was on a large dungeon. The lesson here is to clear rooms on large. It's a waste not, too, especially when you end up running through a room 5 - 6 times, wasting food and prayer each time. Not to mention that the higher the prestige, the more experience lost, with you sometimes losing as much as 13k+ experience (And, yes, you can. I used to rush larges, and I'd get maybe 45K - 46K on floor 35, whereas now I get 58K'ish no rush) then you would have otherwise, for a minimal amount of time saved. Plus, you get the added benefit of having to do fewer dungeons fper level then you would if you rushed everything. Hopefully, in a future update, Jagex adds a bigger penalty for rushing through dungeons, and a bigger bonus for not rushing through a dungeoneering.

And on another note, it's not a bug. It has something to do with the coding, with 255 being the max value or something like that, that's totally outside of Jagex's control. I'm sure someone more versed in coding then me could explain.

I do.

We shouldn't be forced to waste time just because you do.

Also, on a side note, I flat out don't believe you. No one mines novite ore, or cuts spinebeam logs.

I was never aware this happens, as I only ever solo, but damn! That seriously sounds very frustrating!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

well, he's only 45 dungeoneering.

if you want to go fast, sometimes the team splits up, to accomplish tasks suited to each individual. while most people consider a 'dead end' to be a room with one door, a 'dead end' is in reality any series of rooms which lead to nothing useful. when i key, i sometimes run through several rooms alone, and find it to be a dead end. three or more rooms can be completely ignored because they have been determined to be a dead end, or lead to a dead end. nevertheless, the monsters count towards the limit.

there is no good reason for this not to be changed. if the intention of jagex was for every monster to be killed, they should have put mechanisms into the skill architecture to ensure it, not limitations in the game engine

fishing.gif

I do.

We shouldn't be forced to waste time just because you do.

Also, on a side note, I flat out don't believe you. No one mines novite ore, or cuts spinebeam logs.

I didnt say you should, just mentioned that i do it.

Never seen a novite mine, but I do cut everything, even if it would be just a tangle gum.

Does it make me gain faster xp? Nope. And never is going to.

Do I find it fun? Hell yes I do.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

You find that fun? Ok that's all I need.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I only solo (not really a big deal considering my level anyway) but I just can't stand going with a team. I don't really rush, and most other people do. I do cut all the trees and mine all the ores, then make armor or sell to the smuggler for supplies for the boss fight. I usually have gotten over 70k total by the end of a dungeon (in gp).

It really does help when you have a full inventory of web snippers/ snipper potatoes for the fight.

PM me for fitocracy invite