Level 4(elite) clue scroll discussion.

xpx

As this has yet to thoroughly be discussed on these boards and to get a heads up on the upcoming rework to clue scolls, it seems appropriate for me to open this discussion on the new age of clue scrolls.

[hide=history]Firstly, some things about the history of clue scrolls. Tresure trails were released shorly after the release of RS2 in 2004 as a healthy distraction to training hardcore combat- as the droprates have remained the same trough the history, every ~100 kills on greaters(at greater cage, of cource), hellhounds you would recieve a scroll, and as at the time the rewards were expecive enough to be worth the time spent for even the highest levels of players, people rushed off to complete the scroll and hope to recieve something valueable, maybe, even, the godly robin.... fast forward a few years, the second batch of trails was released, but this time, the update wasnt that great- The list of clue droppers had got much bigger with the addition of slayer and when training slayer, people didnt bother leaving a task to do a clue anymore. So to try and fix this, get people to do clues again they tried and missed with the new clues- clues got slower to do as coordinates could be in any part of the world, more fishting monsters within the clues and you had to bank alot of junk to do them- so you would guess that the rewards would have got significantly better as well, wouldnt you? but youd be wrong. Apart from some new prayer equipment(including prayer books, which seem the only really useful clue rewards nowadays) and third age equipment, which was more rare than finding a needle from a haysack, the average reward profit remained approximately the same, so clues, in time, instead of making a strong return, faded off completely....until now....

For the upcoming update, id rather exclude the new level 1-3 clues from this discussion as they are still very unlikely to be worthwhile for most people(as you dont get any xp doing them). The fact that every clue will contain a tresure trails specific item still doesnt make them worthwhile as they are all lilkely to be firelighters(who ever thought of them, how daft do you have to be?) or some candy...[/hide]

For the first important point about the upcoming new(elite) clue scrolls, and more than likely most important, is the droppers. Clue scroll droprate for most monsters is commonly 1/50-200 and i wouldnt expect a suprise in that department, but the clues on which monsters will drop there is still mostly unknown-

Confirmed droppers:

[hide]Bork(level 267)- limited to once per day

Skeletal Horror(level 320)- limited to once per week

limited, as i would say, so now we have to desifer what jagex understands as High-level boss monsters[/hide]

Very likely droppers:

[hide]Corpral beast(level 785)- not likely to be an efficient dropper though...

Kril(level 650)- a semi-likely rebirth to zamrok godwars

Graardor(leve 624)- a very likely good dropper for most people

Zilyana(level 596)- same as graar

Kree(level 580)- same as zily

Tormented demons(level 450)- it might seem inappropriate to add even more goodies to the droplist to the already very-very good boss monsters, but they would make sense to be on the droppers list, and with around 60 kills an hour, very efficient too

Kalphite queen(level 333)- would make sense as a dropper, but very likely not efficient as one, no idea on the kills per hour

Chaos elemental(level 305)- not worth discussing

Mithril dragons(level 304)- the most efficient potential dropers if you have cls/cr, up to 90 monsters an hour

Dagonnoth kings(level 303)- also efficient monsters to kill for these new scrolls, up to ~80 an hour

King black dragon(level 276)- yes, these might be making a comeback as droppers of visage and new scrolls, although the slow spawn is hard to deal with, up to ~60 kills an hour.[/hide]

Maybe droppers:

[hide]Now we are getting into the speculative part of the discussion in how we can understand jagex. Though there arent any more boss monsters left(not mentioned on the adventures log) it would likely make sense to make some of there, following monsters drop these clues aswell, though at a reduced rate.

Steel dragons(level 246)- low rewarding monster in need of an update, but often killed due to kurdal dungeon

Phoenix(level 235)- another daily monster jagex likes

Giant mole(level 230) a boss monster for the lower levels, would make little kids happy

Black dragons(level 227)- seriously in need of a droplist update, apart from 100% drops and slayer, you should never kill them

Brutal green dragons(level 227)- a great idea as a monster, but the killing difficulty and drops make them very unrewarding

Ice strykewyrms(level 210)- as these can only be killed while on a slayer task, they couldnt be camped for the clues too much, but the drops are alrady very rewarding

Living rock patriarch(level 200)-a good idea as a dropper if the rate is any good, would make the slayer task more worthwhile

Iron dragon(level 189)- same as steels, but less likely to be a dropper

Dark beasts(level 182)- the lowest level I could fathom the droppers to be, and as the drops right now arent very good, being able to kill 170 an hour, they arent too likely to drop these[/hide]

There are a few more monsters that could be potential droppers but they dont really fit the words jagex has stated as of now(though jagex says alot of ****, as far as they are concerned, abyssal demons might be considered very high level bosses).

[hide=second]The second question everyone is wondering is the rewards and the profit made from the new clues- now ofcource they are likely to make much more money than any previous clue, but the fact that you have to kill a load of very high level monsters to even have a chance of recieving a clue scroll the reward rate should atleast compare to the money you make by boss monster slaying now.

The two new rewards we are likely to recieve from the rewards and to be useful are third are prayer equipment, to rival proselyte and ranged armor with a significant prayer bonus, likely to help melee slaying mage based monsters, but there isnt too much information yet released about the rewards just yet and i anyone has any unreleased information about the rewards i would be very interested in them. Apart from the useful items, there is likely to be alot of useless high priced rewards that will be merched hard.[/hide]

[hide=third]The third significant topic of discussion about the new clues is the actual tresure trailing- the current time it takes to complete the highest level scroll is around 10 minutes, which isnt really balanced with the risk and the rewarding of those clues, but the new clues are likely to take atleast twice the time and actually challenge the person significantly more- guthix wizards are likely to need significant preparation and new puzzles to take tiwce the time of the old ones, but the rest of the challenges are unknown- i really hope there isnt too many items that you must have in your bank to complete them, but it would make sense to force you to complete the hardest of quests in order of completion(wgs, nomad, blood runs deep).[/hide]

And now that ive written all of what i think about the update, id like your ideas on the topic. Discuss.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they aren't really rare, like from the once a week/day monsters..

Really interested to see what new items will come, and what the old ones will do price-wise.

I didn't really add a lot of discussions, but thanks for the read, nice reading well put together posts. :)

35b9enp.jpg

Back before the last clue scroll update, i use to do them all the time. But like you said, after doing a bunch and getting nothing great i stopped. So i really hope that this will be a good update that get me back into them :pray:

so now we have to desifer what jagex understands as High-level boss monsters

Effigies were supposed to be dropped by higher level monsters, and I got one from the Jogres getting kill count for Bandos. -.-

09144a99bb.png

I hope slayer will become a good way to get also lv 4 clues.. - I see slayer and clue hunting after each task as a thing that belongs together..

The new slayer monsters sadly lack clue scroll drops: so I hope they get the lvl 4 ones..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Tormented demons(level 450)- it might seem inappropriate to add even more goodies to the droplist to the already very-very good boss monsters, but they would make sense to be on the droppers list, and with around 60 kills an hour, very efficient too

60 kills/hour is unrealistic. It's possible to hold that average for a while with frequent Restore Special doses and Dclaw specs, but not forever, and only a few players could or would want to use that method.

As for the actual clues, I'm hoping that the clue scrolls will be rare enough so that each one can be a significant piece of gameplay. Steps should take longer (more secluded locations, must go through dungeons, etc) and the entire clue should take a noticeable amount of time. That will justify that each clue can guarantee a significant amount of money.

2496 Completionist

60 kills/hour is unrealistic. It's possible to hold that average for a while with frequent Restore Special doses and Dclaw specs, but not forever, and only a few players could or would want to use that method.

As for the actual clues, I'm hoping that the clue scrolls will be rare enough so that each one can be a significant piece of gameplay. Steps should take longer (more secluded locations, must go through dungeons, etc) and the entire clue should take a noticeable amount of time. That will justify that each clue can guarantee a significant amount of money.

The numbers for the most efficient bosses to kill are maximums assuming rapier, overloads super restores etc etc without banking, so that's why they would seem very high. For TD-s, with steel titan, 60 an hour without banking is very achieveable as you are not limited to one spawn(which is what limits kbd-s, kq-s and chaos elementals).

And well, I meant the last dagannoth quest, not sure about it's name, havn't done it, but it's said to be hard.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I've heard alot of discussion about new Prayer bonus items can anyone verify this?

Well, theres 3rd age prayer armor, it might give pray bonus, it would sorta be ironic if it didn't.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

I've heard alot of discussion about new Prayer bonus items can anyone verify this?

Well, theres 3rd age prayer armor, it might give pray bonus, it would sorta be ironic if it didn't.

also - there is Holy Range armor, could have some prayer bonus.

"Won't get fooled again."-The Who

Electro_Skel.png

also - there is Holy Range armor, could have some prayer bonus.

Sorry, hadn't heard about the prayer armors just heard stuff about there being new prayer items. So thanks for clearing that up fellas.

Dks and tds are the only high level monsters with multiple spawns (unless you count mithril drags). That means no waiting for spawns so you can focus on speed in killing them. Its obvious that they will be camped even more after this.

Has anyone thought (maybe they have, maybe its common sense, I don't know, i've not read much about these)

What if all the new tt items were untradeable? I mean one every clue they wouldn't hold their price that long, but I think I'd really like them untradeable. (Provided there still might be a few goodies that are tradeable but not every clue)

And the only thing I'm worried about with this update is if the armor is gonna like [developmentally delayed]ed or not. Like... The body body from EW3.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I would LOVE if all TT items were untradeable, or at least some, but we all know it will probably never happen.

The only things I think will be untradeable will be dumb stuff like firelighters and possibly the new summoning familiars.

2czeqeh.jpg

I would LOVE if all TT items were untradeable, or at least some, but we all know it will probably never happen.

The only things I think will be untradeable will be dumb stuff like firelighters and possibly the new summoning familiars.

Wat no no I don't want all of them untradeable, just like maybe the range armor or something.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Wat no no I don't want all of them untradeable, just like maybe the range armor or something.

I knew what you were saying I was just giving my opinion on the matter. :thumbup:

2czeqeh.jpg

I knew what you were saying I was just giving my opinion on the matter. :thumbup:

Oh ok lol.

But yea, if everything is tradeable, but some are more rare than others it'll all be crap.