19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update

Toad

id say these bones could be 12k-15k ea and still be worth it to most people, which might make dbones 4-5kea

5k ea d bones are like 20gp/xp, and 13k ea frost bones are also 20gp/xp, so those wont be the prices. 4k ea d bones would be 15-16gp/xp, and 15k ea frosts 23-24gp/xp. But because frosts are like 700-1000k/h pray xp, I don't believe that they will go much under 30gp/xp

yes but frost bones are much much faster xp, this is similar to how dbones are like 23:1 and dag bones are like 30:1, simply because theyre nearly double the xp/h, well frost bones are about 2.5x the xp/h

if frost bones were 13kea dbones would be about 16-17:1 while frost were 20:1

at 13kea frost bones people would stil make 2-2.5m/h and the reason why high lvls would still like it is

1. its much easier than tds, can be afked with no stress

2. does not rely on luck, the money is guarunteed

a_final_name.png

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question on my mind. Is it worth it to solo medium dungeons? :ohnoes:

I don't really think so, you only get a 7% bonus on exp compared to a small floor, and it takes about 10-15mins longer on average.

You're forgetting the base experience is also higher for mediums compared to small

Jammy2222.png

The question on my mind. Is it worth it to solo medium dungeons? :ohnoes:

I don't really think so, you only get a 7% bonus on exp compared to a small floor, and it takes about 10-15mins longer on average.

You're forgetting the base experience is also higher for mediums compared to small

a small rush is 3-4k xp in 6 mins

a med solo rush is 8-10k xp in 20 mins, not worth it realy unless your doing what i like doing, skilling.....because some things down there are great xp, better than any xp in the outside world and not having a team rush me along lets me skill how i please, mediums have way more resources to use, asepcialy with my gatherers ring lvling up

i can get 100k overall xp in about 35 mins, thats in normaly slow skills and its very enjoyable so i do solo meds occasionly for that reason

a_final_name.png

I agree. Tons of high level players will visit the frost dragon lair when they feel like relaxing and making good money at the same time. Yeah, TDs and DKs are better, but not every 138 got 138 to go boss hunting.

Due to my laggy computer, I would probably be camping frost dragons right now instead of going to TDs (if I had 85 dungeoneering).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

id say these bones could be 12k-15k ea and still be worth it to most people, which might make dbones 4-5kea

5k ea d bones are like 20gp/xp, and 13k ea frost bones are also 20gp/xp, so those wont be the prices. 4k ea d bones would be 15-16gp/xp, and 15k ea frosts 23-24gp/xp. But because frosts are like 700-1000k/h pray xp, I don't believe that they will go much under 30gp/xp

yes but frost bones are much much faster xp, this is similar to how dbones are like 23:1 and dag bones are like 30:1, simply because theyre nearly double the xp/h, well frost bones are about 2.5x the xp/h

if frost bones were 13kea dbones would be about 16-17:1 while frost were 20:1

at 13kea frost bones people would stil make 2-2.5m/h and the reason why high lvls would still like it is

It can't really be afked- with a cannon you'll be running around constantly picking up bones and sending them to bank, switching stuff you have in yak(prayer and summoning potions) so it's still very click heavy, just not as bad as td-s, where a perfect internet connection is a must. With my latest trip i can safely say you can bank 200+ bones an hour using summoning potions, my average over an hour and 40 minutes was 202 dragons an hour, making this easily the best moneymaker around(and bones sell max ge 22k ea). Add too the ~4k profit you gain per dragon should you ever receive a visage and it's almost too good to be true...BUT, for the most efficient method of getting bones you'd need levels of 85 dungeoneering, 96 summoning, 95 prayer, 89 herblore, possibly 96, maxed melee, own a chaotic rapier and still hope for an empty server, which is easy now but will get harder and harder as time passes. I also doubt the bones would go down to anywhere near 12k each as they offer the fastest prayer xp around, can only be obtained by the highest level players who aren't fond of camping monsters and the fact that prayer bones were getting higher before the update. I can easily see dragon bones staying around 5.5k each while frost bones are 20k each.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

because some things down there are great xp, better than any xp in the outside world

Such as what?

because some things down there are great xp, better than any xp in the outside world

Such as what?

fishing blue crabs, cave morays, and maybe salve eels.

Enchanting high level bstaffs is great runecrafting xp

hunting of mastyx is also good if you leave traps and come back for em later.

err, that's all for off the top of my head :)

Naaxi.png

Loving the new dungeons thus far, expecially the imp dungeon.

Overall the update was A-OK. :thumbup:

" If only I can find more time to play. " :shades:

P.S. fishing blue crabs, cave morays, and maybe salve eels ~ Agree, fishing these bad boys are awesome exp.

queenvalerie.png

Such as what?

Very interesting, I'm going to have to try those out, thanks!

That blue thing is a teleport stone lol.. It was there even before the update!

These are new to soloers. Perhaps it's dependent on dungeon size. Since I started choosing mediums, I get one of those. I never had seen one before.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Such as what?

yup, every 9k coins = 100+ fast rc xp so if u have 200k at the end thats 2k xp on 1 quick inv, i always do that last after alching my stuff

i might also add, thieveing those chests are always worth it

tier 8 9 and 10 trees are about the same xp as mages/ivy but you get a log every 3 seoncds, so thats 2k fast xp

herblore isnt *faster* than the outside world but i dont mind grabbing 1k herb xp off of all the high pots i get, lycos and winters grips i pick up for 5-10 pots at the end, some are 200+ xp per pot on those 2 so that might actualy save you 50k on herb per dung

tons more but yea its fun skilling in a solo medium, althought its inferior dung xp/h

a_final_name.png

[hide]

Such as what?

yup, every 9k coins = 100+ fast rc xp so if u have 200k at the end thats 2k xp on 1 quick inv, i always do that last after alching my stuff

i might also add, thieveing those chests are always worth it

tier 8 9 and 10 trees are about the same xp as mages/ivy but you get a log every 3 seoncds, so thats 2k fast xp

herblore isnt *faster* than the outside world but i dont mind grabbing 1k herb xp off of all the high pots i get, lycos and winters grips i pick up for 5-10 pots at the end, some are 200+ xp per pot on those 2 so that might actualy save you 50k on herb per dung

tons more but yea its fun skilling in a solo medium, althought its inferior dung xp/h

[/hide]

Just tried a medium sized dungeon, the rock room gave awsome xp. (490 xp each rock)

The "Berserker" ring class only works in the agressive stance (Jmod said so on the update FAQ), but that info is not included in the ring's tooltip. I bought tier 3 Berserker and now I can't use it because my Prom spear only has controlled and defensive styles. FML.

The "Blitzer" and "Blaster" ring classes also appear broken. I bought tier 6 Blitzer (wich is supposed to make spellcasting faster) and noticed no difference, despite equipping the class and wearing the ring. I posted that in the RSOF and some dude said he did over 200 casts of elemental spells after buying "Blaster" (wich is supposed to have a chance of snaring and slowing the attack speed of the target) but the effect didn't activate a single time. He even ran around the room to check if the monsters were entangled.

Way to go for quality control Jagex.

The "Berserker" ring class only works in the agressive stance (Jmod said so on the update FAQ), but that info is not included in the ring's tooltip. I bought tier 3 Berserker and now I can't use it because my Prom spear only has controlled and defensive styles. FML.

The "Blitzer" and "Blaster" ring classes also appear broken. I bought tier 6 Blitzer (wich is supposed to make spellcasting faster) and noticed no difference, despite equipping the class and wearing the ring. I posted that in the RSOF and some dude said he did over 200 casts of elemental spells after buying "Blaster" (wich is supposed to have a chance of snaring and slowing the attack speed of the target) but the effect didn't activate a single time. He even ran around the room to check if the monsters were entangled.

Wow. That sucks. I did tier 7 on my berserker ring. Guess I'll see how a primal rapier works out with it,.

IMO it's good though, re-balances the other weapons.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

That just about killed every worthwhile non-skilling ring.

Odd, I used blitzer and it sped spellcasting up to ~whip speed every so often. I still like Blazer more just because I get more damage for my runes.

Also, lol at Jagex using these classes to pwn people using spears.

On a different note, the skiller rings are awesome. Switch to artisan every time I make robes/craft runes; saves me quite a bit of materials and gives a few extra runes. :thumbup:

a70c7.png

This, it may make other weapons worth binding, and the spear still has its versatility.

As for the blitzer ring, My spellcasting goes up to shortbow speed every now and then, its just somewhat hard to notice. I haven't tried blaster, could be a life saver in high level skeletal hordes, if it's bugged I hope it gets fixed.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

This, it may make other weapons worth binding, and the spear still has its versatility.

As for the blitzer ring, My spellcasting goes up to shortbow speed every now and then, its just somewhat hard to notice. I haven't tried blaster, could be a life saver in high level skeletal hordes, if it's bugged I hope it gets fixed.

Wait, it increases spell attack speed to shortbow speed? You mean 7 speed, faster than a dagger's 6 speed? That sounds pretty awesome, as I hear level 10 blitzer makes it 100% chance of activating. I'm currently using blazer, and it's pretty damn awesome.

By the way, does anyone know if berserker works with spears? I upgraded mine a few levels to test it out a bit, and I think it seems to be working. However, people on the RSOF are saying it only works on aggressive stance, which spears are lacking, yet the description doesn't say anything about that. Are the RSOFers just stupid as always, or do they have some kind of point this time?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

According to the news article, the only melee ring to require a specific style (accurate) is tactician. I'd say the RSOFers don't know what they're talking about.

Then again, the knowledge base has been wrong a lot when it comes to dungeoneering (+600 strength bonus daggers come to mind) however, it doesn't say anything about stances in game either.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

alot of dungeoneers already use promethium 2h's

they work really well with the shadow silk hood, since only dogs, mages, and a few other monsters can detect a player.

promethium 2h is better than spear at slash, comparable to the spear in crush, and has no stab option.

the thing is monsters that can detect the SS hood (IE dogs/mages) happen to be weak to slash, making room clearing really quickly.

the spear is still better against most bosses though, so for large dungeons a balance of promethium 2h's + ss hoods users and spear users actually works well so i hear.

Naaxi.png

You are correct, this is indeed in the FAQ.

Can't they do something 100% correct for a change!

Berserker tier 7 btw, on my main and pure... <_<

Um, just a thought but. Maybe you have to equip the ring for the special to activate?

edit: never mind now I see they said the equipped it >.< the blazer class does work though.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

According to the news article, the only melee ring to require a specific style (accurate) is tactician. I'd say the RSOFers don't know what they're talking about.

Did you read what I said?

The "Berserker" ring class only works in the agressive stance (Jmod said so on the update FAQ)

Mod Emilee said so in this week's update FAQ in "Recent updates". You can check it out yourself if you want.