USA has plans ready to attack Iran

Flodder450

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/01/us-iran-attack-plan-mullen

so i just read this, and im a little worried about a possible World War 3

i hope it will not come as far as an actual World War 3, as i think this war will be fought with nukes and whatnot,causing millions, if not tens of millions of deaths

discuss your thoughts on this and the possible consequenses

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m joining you.

Sounds like a bad idea

Let´s see, worst case scenario..

Iran finds out about possible attacks. So they think, we have to build stuff to defend ourselves, maybe even nuclear weapons (because let´s be honest, those clouds are awesome). America finds out about this, and feels threatened. 'Hey, they are building stuff when they found out about our plans, maybe they want to attack us. Let's go there and prevent them from doing that'. Etc, etc, etc.

Why can't we all be nice?

qnn23r.jpg

angel2w.gifmaursangeli.gifCredits to Littleboy for the signature.

OLD NEWS. :thumbdown:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Is it really surprising that America has contingency plans for offensive action against one of the most dangerous nations in the world? If they had to respond quickly to a new Iranian threat it wouldn't be much good them cobbling together a military plan at the last minute.

They'll have these kind of contingency plans for military action in a surprising amount of countries, of course they don't admit to having them because it wouldn't be good for diplomatic relations but they've got them and so does every other main country. It's pretty standard procedure.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Is it really surprising that America has contingency plans for offensive action against one of the most dangerous nations in the world? If they had to respond quickly to a new Iranian threat it wouldn't be much good them cobbling together a military plan at the last minute.

They'll have these kind of contingency plans for military action in a surprising amount of countries, of course they don't admit to having them because it wouldn't be good for diplomatic relations but they've got them and so does every other main country. It's pretty standard procedure.

Ah! Contingency. Exactly the word I was going to look for.

I find it funny that a lot of you are freaked out by governments being prepared, but willingly talk about how you'll kick someone's ass if they provoke you. I thought that The Guardian was considered a bad source of news in Europe?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I'm sure USA has had contigency plans in place for a possible war with Iran for most of the 31 years since Ayatollah Khomeini got into power, that is called forward planning. Not that it'll matter too much, I'm pretty sure Israel would attack Iran before USA decided to do so. The geographic closeness makes Israel extremely wary of Iran, especially considering some statements that come out of Iran in regards to Israel.

Not that an attack on Iran would trigger a "World War 3" scenario anyway.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I think Russia pledged support to Iran in the event of a US invasion, but don't take my word for it. And you know Russia is a threat, since their leader is a vampire.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

This doesn't really surprise me. Iran is a terror state, if I was in the US military, I would defiantly have plans to attack them if need be. Who can tell what havoc the Taliban would wreak if they got hold of a nuclear missile.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Not that an attack on Iran would trigger a "World War 3" scenario anyway.

But the scenario for which an invasion to be mounted would doubtlessly involve other countries, god knows how many more if nukes were involved.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I think Russia pledged support to Iran in the event of a US invasion, but don't take my word for it. And you know Russia is a threat, since their leader is a vampire.

Russia and China both flipped the bird to Iran last year. North Korea probably mumbled something about it, but they're next on the list of nations everyone hates and would willingly beat up.

Why does everyone think nuclear weapons are everyone's answer to everything? Iran would be attacked in a last-ditch effort to ensure that nukes aren't used. Iran would probably be more willing to destroy Israel than anyone else, and all that White-Non-Jew guilt would rage into the Middle East if that happened.

Of course, when the smoke cleared, there might be a new lake where Pyongyang used to be.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

How much would a fully equipped fallout shelter cost? I'd guess somewhere in the vicinity of 10-20 million dollars or more depending on how big it is and stuff.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

My question.

I don't like wars involving teh USA. It always makes me feel like Australia's gonna go to, 'cause that sounds like something we'd do.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I think this pretty much sums up my feeling. Of course the US has strategic plans of attack on certain countires, perhaps you could say it would be irresponsible if they didn't, this doesn't mean though that the plans will come into play.

EDIT -

I thought that The Guardian was considered a bad source of news in Europe?
Well personally the guardian would be my first choice of newspaper and I would expect that reliability is something it is highly regarded for, example of this being that the US afghan files were leaked to the guardian from wikileaks, my guess being because to the respect for the newspaper.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Pretty much every country has some sort of plan in place in case they need to attack any other country.

BREAKING NEWS: Sources reveal that the US Army Command had planned and trained for the possibility of a Russian attack on American soil during the height of the cold war.

This is C. Obvious, channel 011011000110111101101100 news.