A NEW LEVEL-UP SYSTEM, MAYBE BASED ON....

Poopywoopy69

well im not sure if anyone posted this but anyway..... Jagex is NOT going to change an entire exp. system. For these reasons:

1) take to long and they are working on better updates and what not

2) too many people would complaine aboutthe new system and we won't want to learn a whole new system.

And frankly I'm happy with the current system.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im not sure if anyone posted this but anyway..... Jagex is NOT going to change an entire exp. system. For these reasons:

1) take to long and they are working on better updates and what not

2) too many people would complaine aboutthe new system and we won't want to learn a whole new system.

And frankly I'm happy with the current system.

I din't mean this when i started the topic, just a suggestion towards JAgex.

i meant that the system is good but a couple of tweaks to it would increase the play value for people that get bored because they have only a little amount of time on the computer and can never get anywhere with there stats.

sigcopyfe9.jpg

Click the sig to visit my RS blog

A NEW LEVEL-UP SYSTEM, MAYBE BASED ON EXP. GATHERED FROM KILLING MONSTRES, AND THEN YOU SPEND IT ON INDIVIDUAL POINTS FOR ATTACK, STRENGTH, DEFENCE, HITPOINTS, AND ARCHER ( WHICH COULD BE CHANGED INTO ACCURACY). AND THEN YOU CAN LEVEL UP MISC. SKILLS LIKE MINING AND SMITHING, ETC. LIKE IN WOW'S LEVEL-UP SYSTEM. THIS IS A REALLY GOOD IDEA TO ME AND MY FRIENDS, 'CUZ WE ALL LIKE TO PLAY WOW ALSO, BUT WE CANT REALLY GRASP THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE STAT SYSTEM ON RUNESCAPE NOW.

[in the words of Maddox] 7/16ths of an inch...That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. I know the burden of pressing shift to capitalize is a great one, but c'mon, you can do better than that. I used to type posts in caps like yours, but then I decided that I didn't want a job mixing concrete.

YA AND YOU SHOULD STIO USING CAPS, I MEAN ITS SO DISRESPECTFUL< I MEAN GEEZ....

hmm?

im being a bit confused here...

Filthy hypocrit.

sig4realhn5.png

Who cares if you wear a santa hat..... That's no achievment.

Who cares if you can have 520M, if you have no friends, as well as no reason to play Runescape?

A NEW LEVEL-UP SYSTEM, MAYBE BASED ON EXP. GATHERED FROM KILLING MONSTRES, AND THEN YOU SPEND IT ON INDIVIDUAL POINTS FOR ATTACK, STRENGTH, DEFENCE, HITPOINTS, AND ARCHER ( WHICH COULD BE CHANGED INTO ACCURACY). AND THEN YOU CAN LEVEL UP MISC. SKILLS LIKE MINING AND SMITHING, ETC. LIKE IN WOW'S LEVEL-UP SYSTEM. THIS IS A REALLY GOOD IDEA TO ME AND MY FRIENDS, 'CUZ WE ALL LIKE TO PLAY WOW ALSO, BUT WE CANT REALLY GRASP THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE STAT SYSTEM ON RUNESCAPE NOW.

Hm, go back to school and learn how to disable the Caps Lock button before you even consider posting.

If your Caps key was really broken, go back and edit your post now. Or ask a mod to lock it.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• 1 year later...

ok, my issue with this issue is that the leveling system does not, for example, let somebody level up all together, such as in WoW or D&D wher your stats go up as your Actual level does. So, in conclusion, im sugesting that Jagex change it so that you can level, and then spend your points in stats as you level, but such skills as mining and such will level as usual. Its just that the strength, defense, attack, and health stats maybe could be changed so that you spend stats in those areas with points earned upon leveling.

sigcopyfe9.jpg

back to one topic said earlier, about RS3, when is it coming? i mean have any of you heard of it lately? ive been gone for a LONG time getting back to my life, and recently ventured back into the area of online gaming wiyth WoW, and my account lost its time from my prepaid card, and i came to RS for a little down time.

sigcopyfe9.jpg

if its no broken, dont touch it.

i like the exp system as it is now.

Totally agree. It's really a stupid idea. It works the way it is now, and changing the system would not only ruin the game, it would also change the game too much. A lot of the identity would be lost.

First of all, lose the caps. :-#

I'm presonally quite content with the exp system thay have now. If you don't like it, go back to playing WoW. ::'

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

This game makes perfect sense. The idea that you become more proficient in what you train in is completely sensible, and has been used to great effect in games such as Dungeon Seige.

Switching this to an experince spending system would ruin the basis of everything RS stands for. Although I own games like Fable (and enjoy them immensly) it annoys me that I can become a master in all my archery skill stats without using my bow outside of the training area.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

look i see my idea is hated by all players, but the reason u are content with it is because u like it, but to make everybody happy, i propose that it combines the old system, with a new one. all my ideas and the ideas of others are rejected all the time, but the fact that i tried is enough to me. and i see it is rejected. it was only a suggestion, and i never said the system was horrible i just meant that there are areas of interest that could use some tweaks. and the caps thing, it was broken and now it isn't.

sigcopyfe9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
ok, my issue with this issue is that the leveling system does not, for example, let somebody level up all together, such as in WoW or D&D wher your stats go up as your Actual level does. So, in conclusion, im sugesting that Jagex change it so that you can level, and then spend your points in stats as you level, but such skills as mining and such will level as usual. Its just that the strength, defense, attack, and health stats maybe could be changed so that you spend stats in those areas with points earned upon leveling.

However, in D&D your experience determines all of your levels, you cannot train an individual stat, but you can increase them upon level up. Your combat level in Runescape is only an approximate show of your strength. The reason WoW/D&D/misc MMORPG level up "all together" is because the diversity of the classes allows for a variety of different styles of characters, in Runescape your skills determine the style of your character.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

They should call this game World Of Warcraft then.

Ya lol id u wanna be member u need to pay $5 month for RuneScape

For WoW(World of Warcraft) you must pay $15 month, and disc for Warcraft is $22

ROFL??? :?: :!: :?: :XD: :-#

rune,Mucitel1.gif