Any other nonclue doers doing clues again?

Viv

I had a lvl 3 sitting in my bank for around a year or so and decided to do it today for fun. I got a Addy pl8 (h5), which was a cool 315k (didn't even bother looking at the street value) and a few more items. I'll keep doing them until I start getting a bunch of zonks in row and give up on clues again.

That was a level two.

I've always done clues I get from slayer. Usually I just finish a task, then do the clue later. If I get an Elite that might be different.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I had a level 3 clue sitting in my bank for months until this update came out. I just dropped it and currently training slayer. I think I'll do them as I get them for awhile to see if they are worth it to me.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

I had a lvl 3 sitting in my bank for around a year or so and decided to do it today for fun. I got a Addy pl8 (h5), which was a cool 315k (didn't even bother looking at the street value) and a few more items. I'll keep doing them until I start getting a bunch of zonks in row and give up on clues again.

That was a level two.

Really? Shows how long I've been out of the clue business! :P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

In two days of monster hunting I only got level 3 clues. I did get a Zaros Page 4, but all the other clues were valued between 40-80k loot. That's still not worth my time - the guarantee of a TT-specific item simply does not noticeably boost the average clue. I'll only be doing level 4s.

2496 Completionist

Can't be bothered to put down whatever I'm doing to run around RuneScape. I'll spend my time doing stuff I enjoy and pay other people for their time getting TT items. Maybe I'll try them out again in the future if I'm extremely bored or something,

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

I do every clue I find, which is quite a bunch thanks to slayer. It slightly irks me that since the clue update, I've done two level 3 clues and both ended up trash, while some people I know who haven't touched a clue scroll in years suddenly dusted off their age-old banked scroll and made millions off the new items. Meh, that's luck. I'm hoping for a new reward soon. For the first time I'm camping monsters for a clue scroll rather than for slayer.

And yes, I know my two clues and my friend's one good clue are not representative of the clues in the long run. just sayin' its a slow week

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Before I did this update I did every clue I got as soon as I was done my slayer even though I've been getting crap clues for years. Before this update I've had 2 clues ever over 1m and I did 1-4 clues a day. Now first day of this update I got an elite and got 3.4m from it. The next day I got a level 3 and it had a robin hood, sara d hide body and bandos mitre for a 4.8m clues. Now I love them more than ever. :D

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I've always viewed clues as a break from the repetitiveness of training slayer or whatever you did to get the clue, instead of something to aim for. I still regard them that way, although I reckon that if I get hold of a level 4 clue, I'll drop what I'm doing at get to work solving it. There's too much potential reward there to bear spending time not doing it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

In two days of monster hunting I only got level 3 clues. I did get a Zaros Page 4, but all the other clues were valued between 40-80k loot. That's still not worth my time - the guarantee of a TT-specific item simply does not noticeably boost the average clue. I'll only be doing level 4s.

It was pretty clever of Jagex to announce that there'd be a trail-specific item in every casket, then throw in a bunch of cheap new rewards that can be gotten from any clue level. <_< It makes clues no more worth doing than before, really.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I appreciate that clues are more exciting now. I'll probably try a couple of them for kicks and to try out the new puzzles (which I think I like much better than anagrams, emotes, or coordinates), but I doubt I'll make a habit of it. I can already make better profit hunting implings; it still has the potential of lots of profit from a rare drop, but it's much more reliable and I get hunter xp.

Have been doing alot of clues for the past couple months, and now I almost have every trimmed rune plateskirt! (That is, except the newer trims) Been getting alot of low value rewards though, like guthix dhide, blue dhide (g), and just got an ancient body from an elite clue (which is useless atm, but hey! it's purple! what's not to love).

Gonna keep doing clues, even if it means cutting tasks short and skipping more tasks to get strykewyrms/ metals.

Staurolite.png

You're going to have to pay me to go back to clues. No way in hell am I doing another clue, I hate them more than my brother hates salad (and he tried to ignite his salad with a lighter once) and avoid them like the plague. I keep a clue in my bank for one purpose: so I don't have to look at their hideous faces when I slay >.>

A level 3 on a task that can drop Elites will cause me to stop the task and do the clue, as will an Elite. I will not stop a GWD/DK trip to do a clue, and I will drop level 3s unless I'm near the end of the trip. I also will not stop a task that can't drop elites, like Abyssal Demons to do a level 3.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

For now I will stop my task if I get a clue, but pretty soon that will stop. I'm not really sure what is worse, a firelighter or some useless Meerkat pouch/scroll. When this update was first mentioned on the BTS, i knew that a TT Item every clue was gonna be fire lighters or sweets. The way I see clues is, you do your whole clue, the reward is calculated, and in the end if you didn't get a REAL treasure item, you will be given one of the junky items, but this is my personal theory. Along with that, the only other complaints I have are that Dark Beasts do NOT drop any scrolls still. I'm sure we all enjoy a 200+ Dark Beast task where the best item we get is a Death Talisman or Rune item. And that now the previous worse clue reward ( Fire Lighter) are now replaced with biscuits, which in my opinion are worthless at their current state, heals some hp and 1 (one) prayer point. If you were 95+ prayer which would you rather have 300 biscuits or 10 doses of prayer potion?

Now just so my post isn't all hate, I think they did a good job on the Fury Ornamental Kit, fury looks wicked! Along with some of the teleport scrolls which will be very useful.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

In a word...no.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I'm still not going to do level 3 clues, but since I'm good at celtic knots I figure elite clues would be good for me to do. I've only done one so far, but I got an 800k reward and the clue only took 20 minutes. If I continue to get any sort of luck, I'll be doing level 4s for a long time.

(Got a fury ornament from clue)

ZMFg2.jpg