Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:J Mollerz
  • RSN2:Calcium IRL
Nadril, people who smurf are people who are level 30 but CANNOT win there and thus play smurfs to feel good, believe me. I trust you are using a US version of the game, if you want I can play on my US client with you.

I do have to say, I tried HoN, even from the outset it was extremely competetive, rather than the slow progress from chill, casual on LoL, upto the ranked games at 1500+ ELO which are intense. What you are playing RIGHT NOW, in LoL, will not be like how you play at level 30, I garuantee.

And yes, animation in LoL is bad, so are the graphics, well, I say bad, I mean not great. But the engine is being upgraded and graphics are being updated long with the new map to come out.

From your sheet it seems as if you have a good eye for items, that's a pretty decent build you have going on there, and would be similar to what I would build for Ryze.

Add Yttrium ingame and I can teach you and stuff even with 250+ ping! (I'd love to play tonight before I go play Black Ops) Also I presume you have skype, add Ca2theone and we can chat while we play or something.
Posted Image
Click my signature for my blog!

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I'm sure it's probably not the same. It's just a different feeling right now. In HoN from the get-go pretty much you're put into a fairly competitive environment. It'd be nice if I could get level 30 quicker so I could see what these "intense" matches are like higher up. Part of the reason why LoL feels so chill to me though is it's just a lot slower paced than HoN. HoN is actually really fast where as in LoL even with fully upgraded boots I feel really slow.

Also one thing that's weirding me out still is most of these ranged heroes have a piss poor range. Used to HoN where a ranged hero can stand fairly far back, it seems like in lol some of them have to almost be melee range. (which is there anyway you can tell the range of a champion just by looking?)

I don't have skype. Use mumble currently.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
To me, some range heroes have a large range. I'm kind of used to it myself... And yeah, champions run, really slow...

What's the mumble details, if you are up for a game tonight.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
USEAST.MidnightGaming.Net

It's like a 200 person server. Not mine but some guy on the HoN forums was offering slots to people since he hardly uses it. (barely anyone ever on). I'm Cyrant on there.

And yeah, the range on heroes compared to HoN feels really weird to me.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Serious question, why is Heimer underpowered? (or considered so). 2 games in a row I've had a ridiculous CK by soloing (one game 1v2 the other mid) that has allowed me to get full items in 30-35 minutes. I then run around with my rockets + grenade doing like 600-700+ damage and turrets just pumping out damage.

He's the easiest guy to farm with ever and it seems like his nukes do a lot of damage.

ps: Like 80-85% win rate right now it seems like, and this is solo atm too (roomate gone for weekend). When do people get decent so it's a challenge?

e: Oh and people keep adding me after matches. Eff that.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
He is terrible in ranked play and at a higher ELO, you could keep playing him no problem at your level but in the long run it's not worth it.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Eh still can't see why but meh.

Got warrick with my 3150 IP.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
Warwick is very good, learn to play him. Jungle earlygame (When you get runes and masteries), damage midgame, tank lategame. Can't lose.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
6 wins 1 loss so far with ww. Won 6 in a row. Jungling is real easy, he is also crazy easy to gank with.

Usually getting a 16-18 min bloodrzor and full boots, doing dragon at 5 or so too. Low level matches means I can easily steal their jungle for 100% uptime on buffs.

Oh and some guy knew my name in a game due to my hon forum trolling haha.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
Yeah, warwick is really fun, at higher levels you HAVE to 100% take smite, even with full masteries and runes because of people stealing buffs.

Also, Wriggle's Lantern is aweome.
Posted Image

Guthorm
[ Display Name History ]

Guthorm

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts
  • RSN:The Awesome
  • Clan:Retired but hoping to come back one day
I just want to say that is the best Kog skin ever.
Posted Image[
Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Yawn, people keep assuming I have like multiple level 30's or something. Also apparently because I'm playing kass I must.

This whole "grind" until 30 is really annoying. I would like to get into actual ranked play but I can't because of this stupid grind.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
The grind is ridiculous, but it's a nice long introduction to the game.

Also Kassadin is OP.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

The grind is ridiculous, but it's a nice long introduction to the game.

Also Kassadin is OP.

It just sucks when I don't really need an introduction. It takes me a match or two to learn a new hero. (not to master it, but to know what you do and not be useless). It takes me a match or two to learn what someone does if I haven't seen them before. There is no need for me to play so many matches just so I can start ranking up lol.

But yeah I carried a [cabbage] team hard with Kass, 22/11/22 with 750AP.

edit:

27/8/5 Kass and I lose because we had a leaver at the very start. Man. Can only carry so hard :P.

Also I have a new found joy for charging up the charges on his ult and then blinking on someone. Doing like 1500 damage is just funny. (had like 10 charges and jumped on a guy XD)

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
Yup, I haven't had a match with Kassadin where I haven't maxed out my Mejai stacks. How do you level your skills? I take 1 in Q for last hitting, then max out the cone spell and ult.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Yup, I haven't had a match with Kassadin where I haven't maxed out my Mejai stacks. How do you level your skills? I take 1 in Q for last hitting, then max out the cone spell and ult.

I was doing R>Q>E>W.

Also what do you do for item build on him? I want to fit in a soulstealer earlier but not sure when. Right now I do:

tear of goddess > basic boots > catalyst > rod of ages > full boots > archangels as a core. I was thinking of getting a soulstealer before catalyst but idk if I want to delay my rod that much or what.

Guthorm
[ Display Name History ]

Guthorm

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts
  • RSN:The Awesome
  • Clan:Retired but hoping to come back one day
I would take mejas after tear of the goddess actually. Kassadin is so mobile which makes him extremely difficult to kill, once you burst somebody down and get those 2 stacks is very rare you will lose it. A kass with 20 stacks can pretty much 1v5 and still come out ahead.
Posted Image[
Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
Yup, start out with Amp Tome, on first return get Basic Boots + Mejais. On next few returns just go straight for RoA then get second boots. Depends who you are playing against realy. Archangels isn't worth it on Kassadin, believe me, get things like Zhonya's, Void Staff, which increase your damage and damage only. You don't need mana regen.
Posted Image

pennywise
[ Display Name History ]

pennywise

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
what kind of game is this?

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
Ill try that ca2.

Loosh, its a casual friendly dota style game. Think of it as an rts where you focus on one 'hero unit' on a team of 5. Throw in a bit of tower defense and rpg mechanics and you got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users