Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Returning lost dung rewards

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I was curious as if there was anything said on this. I could have sworn that there was a jmod that said that they would discuss there being an option for this. Does anyone have any relavent information regarding this?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
I haven't heard anything new about it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali
If I understood previous update commentsd correctly, they're working in D2.0 to make things cheaper to re-obtain if you've already bought them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

o_knames
[ Display Name History ]

o_knames

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:o knames
On a related note, I would like to see the option for a one-time trade-in of items already bought after they release the new rewards. Normally I would say there's no reason to do so, but it takes so much effort to get some of those items, that it's almost time prohibitive to get any new ones.

I would assume that such a trade-in would not be for full value and would be balanced appropriately.

Maxed total levels
Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Sadly, when a Jmod says they'll look into it, it means it won't be coming for a LONG time, if at all.

Exhibit A: Andrew says they're looking into name changing capabilities, and it comes out a few months later. If something relatively simple like changing a name takes months, think about how long something more complicated would take.

Not saying that the time they take is unreasonable, but I'm just pointing out that it's going to be a long wait, if they decide to add it at all.

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

Sadly, when a Jmod says they'll look into it, it means it won't be coming for a LONG time, if at all.

Exhibit A: Andrew says they're looking into name changing capabilities, and it comes out a few months later. If something relatively simple like changing a name takes months, think about how long something more complicated would take.

Not saying that the time they take is unreasonable, but I'm just pointing out that it's going to be a long wait, if they decide to add it at all.

name changing was a hard thing to decide how they would make it so people do what they do how they make it not abused seperating the user from the display name dealing with offensive name

i think they want it all balanced have to have at least some risk in this game but i'd like to be able to get cls for a cheaper price if i lose in cb :P

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
I would imagine that it'd be half the original price if implemented. You lose your rapier, you pay 100k tokens for your next one. I think the minimum they could do while still being somewhat reasonable is 1/4 the price, so 50k after your first chaotic weapon.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:The Ancient
Either way they should have implemented this from the start... Idk why jagex is making people earn 2M xp repeatedly just cause people are idiots and risk chaotic for no good reason

My original suggestion was just to spend DG tokens to buy the ability to use an item and then pay money/tokens combo to buy the actual item. I'm pretty sure on the order of 30-50M would be reasonable and also a huge money sink
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

name changing was a hard thing to decide how they would make it so people do what they do how they make it not abused seperating the user from the display name dealing with offensive name

Yea, in the same way that the best weapons in the game being easily reobtainable would probably be abused.
O.O

TheKoolKandy
[ Display Name History ]

TheKoolKandy

X-TET

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • RSN:Kandy
  • RSN2:DeKandyCakes
  • Clan:EoE
I'm thinking something like crytal items for the cost of recharging/rebuying chaotic items. Even if you were stupid and got owned for your cls or something you shouldn't have to get another 200k tokens to get it back, still not saying it should get really cheap though.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
I wouldn't mind the reduced price. Now reducing the recharge fee is a different story... :^_^:

svs
[ Display Name History ]

svs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RSN:svstoned
And i was already so sad that i had died with my gem bag, man i would really go mentally ill if i'd had bought a rapier and then loose it (i would have lost it as well should i have one as i would then have had one with me at the time i died)
First time i died in RS2, luckely my gem bag wasn't that full...

Shows really how much thought Jagex is putting in their content lately.

Reminds me of a scene from an old movie where an american wants to buy a car from a budget dealers, and the owner (who's indean) is trying to sell him a truck that couldn't make left nor right turns.
He said like; "It good car, it take you to destination only straight ahead what else you need?"

It's how i see a lot of updates lately, they're okay but not finished.
And instead of working on new content and fixing things that aren't broken they should really fix all the small nasty errors they have made over the past couple of years, some are inevitable to occur but instead of ignoring them they should aknowledge them and do something about it asap.

Posted Image[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]Posted Image

Posted Image
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • RSN:Riemis
  • RSN2:Wow a 2
  • Clan:RSR
And while we're at it, why won't we implent cheaper void, cw armour, fighter torsos, naval, etc. because you already bought it before?
People should just learn that there are risks, and if they die and not get back in time there are consequences :/

Cassynder
[ Display Name History ]

Cassynder

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RSN:Divayth Fyre
  • Clan:The Order of Cabbage

And while we're at it, why won't we implent cheaper void, cw armour, fighter torsos, naval, etc. because you already bought it before?
People should just learn that there are risks, and if they die and not get back in time there are consequences :/

great idea!
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

Everything you listed comes from an activity, not a skill. Chaotic weapons are the best weapons in the game for almost every situation. The items you listed are not. Aside from the two highest tier CW armors (which are useful only in CW, mind you, and should not be used anywhere else, unlike chaotic), none of those items (or item sets) take longer than nine hours to get. It takes significantly longer to obtain a chaotic weapon. Even HALVING the price to RE-BUY (that is, you have to spend the initial 20-30 hours to get the weapon) put the weapons ahead of any of those items in time required to re-obtain.

It's entirely fair.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

i think they want it all balanced have to have at least some risk in this game but i'd like to be able to get cls for a cheaper price if i lose in cb :P

Right, which is why I said that I think the time they take is reasonable and logical, but a long time nonetheless. And when you compare an update like name changing to other updates they said they'd "look into" (new skills, new dungeons, etc.), it IS a pretty simple one, no matter what case you make for the "details" of it.

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts

Everything you listed comes from an activity, not a skill. Chaotic weapons are the best weapons in the game for almost every situation. The items you listed are not. Aside from the two highest tier CW armors (which are useful only in CW, mind you, and should not be used anywhere else, unlike chaotic), none of those items (or item sets) take longer than nine hours to get. It takes significantly longer to obtain a chaotic weapon. Even HALVING the price to RE-BUY (that is, you have to spend the initial 20-30 hours to get the weapon) put the weapons ahead of any of those items in time required to re-obtain.

It's entirely fair.

So the reward seller should be pitiful about you? The poor guy already has enough trouble smuggling those items out of Deamonheim.
If you lose an item worth 50m (I assume people value their chaotic equipment at 50m), you die and lose it, do you think you deserve to get it off the GE for 25m? Nope, you'll just have to earn that 50m back, and that doesn't take longer than nine hours.

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

It's entirely fair.

So the reward seller should be pitiful about you? The poor guy already has enough trouble smuggling those items out of Deamonheim.
If you lose an item worth 50m (I assume people value their chaotic equipment at 50m), you die and lose it, do you think you deserve to get it off the GE for 25m? Nope, you'll just have to earn that 50m back, and that doesn't take longer than nine hours.

Why would you compare normal sellable items to earned items... theyre pretty different... and idk what you're doing that earns 9M/hr
Posted Image

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
Aren't sellable items earned items? Unless you sit at the party room and get 50m as a drop...

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

Aren't sellable items earned items? Unless you sit at the party room and get 50m as a drop...

Not really, b/c you usually make money w/o one single particular item in mind, and some people just start off w/ a lot of money
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users