25-Aug-10 Conquest

Toad

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the champions can be used in strategy, but a team made up of one type of unit takes no strategy to defeat, just hoping you have a counter and then grinding away at his regenerating champions.. (4 champions + regenerate will wipe out ANY team with no champions)

The game is okay. The concept is stupid.

I just don't understand why they keep creating separate lesser games inside runescape.

First mobilizing armies, which is just deplorable.

Now this.

It isn't a minigame or activity by any stretch.

The game mechanics are totally different and you don't even see your avatar because it doesn't even involve them.

Whats next? An arcade machine in fally square where you can go to play Runescape Themed Pac-Man?

They should have made it a stand-alone on fun-orb.

My 2 cents.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Finally! Someone else who sees how useful bombard actually is! The many ways you can use it late game when you've a lot of command points handy are really fun. Like taking out champions with knights, halberdiers with scout/ food soldiers after you've used your battle cry. This command has literally won me games. :shades:

I don't think it's bad, I just think the points could be better spent

Its also really slow to develop - you have to wait several turns to use it & by then I'd probably have sent in a charged halbridier or charged/cryed scout and KOed your knight

+ a charged scout is pretty much the same thing, at least in terms of early game

The only real difference between a bombard and a charged scout is that bombard doesnt take an attack turn, so bombards can be used to KO champs w knights, but knights are easily sniped (charged/cry scouts)

My knight has never been sniped, except once when I didn't pay close enough attention, but I still won that game. Anyway, I place my knight in the backrow, as backup for my other troops. And I still have access to charge + battle cry, so it's not like anything major is changed. Also, the points can be easily gotten by sniping enemy archers and/or mages.

Staurolite.png

Regenerate is overpowered with 3 champions, I seriously can't find a way to win. They should really make the cooldown at least like 8 turns.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

One way to improve that would be having the cooldown incersly proportionate to the number/quality of your units, Ie: The cooldown for one champion would be 5 turns while the cooldown for 4 would be 8 or 9.

Bombard is useful. Here's an example of a start of one of my matches where bombard, cry and a scout can be used to devastate the enemy.

Enemy moves archer out 3 spaces

I move scout 1 square out of his range for the next time he moves 3 squares (basically, 10 spaces away)

He moves 3 spaces closer again thinking my scout is a free kill. He can't.

Cast battle cry on scout, run up and kill archer. -Battle cry is so that if I get attacked my scout won't be 1hit.

He moves a foot soldier up to kill me thinking it's a 1hit kill. I retaliate and kill him.

Run up to his remaining mage/archer/scout and 1hit it. Cast bombardo on any remaining archers/mages/scouts.

Total enemies dead: 4

Total ally troops dead: 1

This is where having bombardo can be very useful. You might even get away if he has slow moving troops such as knights left.

Wtf are you fighting someone who has never played before?

3 champs 2 scouts - never lost with that team

Jagex should also put like a 45 sec timer on dcs for someone to rejoin cause thats the only way i lose

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Bombard is useful. Here's an example of a start of one of my matches where bombard, cry and a scout can be used to devastate the enemy.

Enemy moves archer out 3 spaces

I move scout 1 square out of his range for the next time he moves 3 squares (basically, 10 spaces away)

He moves 3 spaces closer again thinking my scout is a free kill. He can't.

Cast battle cry on scout, run up and kill archer. -Battle cry is so that if I get attacked my scout won't be 1hit.

He moves a foot soldier up to kill me thinking it's a 1hit kill. I retaliate and kill him.

Run up to his remaining mage/archer/scout and 1hit it. Cast bombardo on any remaining archers/mages/scouts.

Total enemies dead: 4

Total ally troops dead: 1

This is where having bombardo can be very useful. You might even get away if he has slow moving troops such as knights left.

Wtf are you fighting someone who has never played before?

3 champs 2 scouts - never lost with that team

Jagex should also put like a 45 sec timer on dcs for someone to rejoin cause thats the only way i lose

It's an example. This isn't how all my matches go. Even if this isn't how my match goes, bombardo is always useful.

Say they want me to come to them and they don't fall for the 10space-archer trick, keeping their archer out of range, I can just wait for bombardo to charge up and kill their ranger.

Bombardo is a command that I feel can be very useful for my setup. There is no unbeatable setup (although hearing about 4 champions + regen... sounds difficult). Use what works for you and what you feel you are comfortable in using.

Also, think ahead atleast 5 moves before doing anything, i'd recommend having a strategy on what you're going to be doing for atleast 8+ moves. Take down their commands and when they last used them, so you can rush them when their crys/regens are down.

C1Geq.png

How is this deflector good for range? You can get much more range bonus than with armadyl chestplate and the 10% bonus put together by just wearing full armadyl.

The former Void ranger set (Fully optimised) was Void helm, legs, body, gloves, Zamorak book, ranger boots, amulet of fury, Rune Xbow/Chinchompa and Accumulator/Soul Wars cape.

This set aparently gave more accuracy and damage than using full armadyl and barrows glove, due to the set effect the set gave. This was confirmed by many players when Chinning and Pking, specially the bigger damage.

The advantage of the deflector for range is instead of having the normal bonus of around 120, you sacrifice the +8 the zamorak book gave to get a huge advantage in the form of Armadyl Chestplate. This of course will boost the accuracy and damage even further.

How is this deflector good for range? You can get much more range bonus than with armadyl chestplate and the 10% bonus put together by just wearing full armadyl.

The reason for that is (as posted images on page 8), the void equipment is based on a 10% bonus. Void 10% bonus is a end multiplier, so the 10% boosts not only your armor accuracy, but your (Armor accuracy + Ranged level accuracy) * 10%.

Armadyl:

~195 Range Accuracy Bonus

0% Damage bonus

New Void Setup with Arma Top:

( ~164 Range Accuracy bonus + Ranged Level Accuracy ) * 10% = ???

10% Damage bonus

Just the armor 10% accuracy alone would raise your void setup to around 180, plus your 10% boost on your ranged level for accuracy. So in all cases, it appears the new setup beats full Armadyl on accuracy, and damage. The only benefit full Armadyl would have now is that it has more defense than void.

Come to think of it, people can now chin with a SC body for double xp!

Wow, that is a good point.

It would be better to use the legs since they are cheaper.

Not only that, but they would most likely degrade way too fast for it to be fully effective, and you had to make very short trips, since each spot you change for the SC legs you also loose a prayer potion, shortening your trip even further.

I guess it is debatable though, if the usage of SC legs would be better than Armadyl top at chinning.