25-Aug-10 Conquest

Toad

Listening to all these setups and how people make them work is very interesting. It seems that every strategy has a way to be beaten, but it seems that part of it is luck because you have to hope you have the right setup to fight another setup. Even then it could be skill because you can still win via different strategies it seems. I'm not sure though.

I'll have to try this out when I finish the quests.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My set up - Rank:1515 Beaten:once

2 Champions - 3 Rangers - 2 scouts

Commands : Battle Cry, Chastise, Shield wall, Stoicism

You need charge though :/, the rangers can be tanked by champions and take out by charged scouts. Opponent can also charge/cry your champion from a mile away and there is nothing you can do about it if you are in range.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

This minigame is epic. So easy to exploit for pest points/rank :D Today i managed to boost 500ish pest points + 1250 rank.

How to get 108+ pest points/hr:

Both set up with at least 1 archer and 1 scout each. First person moves the archer in, second person moves their archer in. First person moves again and kills, second person charges their scout and kills the archer. Once the game time has reached 2 minutes, call a truce. 4 pest points roughly every 2 minutes.

Hope this helps.

orr you can just normally pc and get 120 points/hr

If you are talking about pest control, no, you can't.

Pest control games are a MINIMUM of 2 minutes long. Unless the last portal is instantly KO'd, you wouldn't be able to get 120 points /hr. With waiting times etc on top, you lose at least another 4 - 8 points per hour. Losses happen with even the best teams, so thats another 4 - 8 points gone per hour.

With Conquest boosting, you can reach 108 points - 112 points per hour guaranteed. As long as you get your method sorted and you don't take forever to get back to the challenge room, it is faster and is almost always going to get you 108 - 112 points.

you never have done sw on a 120+ world have you? Portals don't last 5 seconds

So is everyone using at least 2-3 champs now? That's not good, because soon it'll just be 3 champs vs 3 champs lol.

Personally I like to switch up my troops and I only use 1 champ.

That is pretty much the meta game until it shifts, or Jagex nerf/buff elements of the game.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I hate it, sometimes you can already tell at the start you're doomed. Which annoys me a lot. Did 2 games, first won the guy let me win because it was my first game but I did pretty well it was my foot soldier vs his scout but he had battle cry so he could've killed me but he didn't. Second game I just resigned asap.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I hate it, sometimes you can already tell at the start you're doomed. Which annoys me a lot. Did 2 games, first won the guy let me win because it was my first game but I did pretty well it was my foot soldier vs his scout but he had battle cry so he could've killed me but he didn't. Second game I just resigned asap.

Not really, I posted before where I messed up twice when I forgot cry gives +200 lp, in the end it was my champ against his mage/halb/2 foot soldiers. He cried the mage, hit my champ, I killed the mage, he moved his foot up, I charged and killed the halb, chastised his other foot, he hit me with one foot and my champ return hit killed off the foot. He then made the mistake of ran away with charge on his foot, I just kept up with him outside the hit radius, wait for charge to be off cool down and took his foot out with a 100lp champ.

He had me right where he wanted but I guess he slacked off in the end and made a fatal mistake.

11-1.jpg[

Now we just need magic invisible armor so we can always see our pretty clothes.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Conquest is now my favourite minigame. Ever. Only thing missing is enough people t play with. (I jsut say a guy playng with what appeared to be an alt due to the almost exact same names and 133 level difference.)

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

I'm finding it to be a very odd game. If you make a mistake and your opponent doesn't make any, you'll lose for sure. I played a game where the guy had a +3 troop advantage on me due to a few careless mistakes of mine, and I turned it around at the end due to him making even worse mistakes. It ended with my champ versus his, and he didn't have charge, so I won.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm finding it to be a very odd game. If you make a mistake and your opponent doesn't make any, you'll lose for sure. I played a game where the guy had a +3 troop advantage on me due to a few careless mistakes of mine, and I turned it around at the end due to him making even worse mistakes. It ended with my champ versus his, and he didn't have charge, so I won.

In any decent game out there if you make a mistake you lose.

It's a lot like chess. You need to think several steps ahead to do well.

Things to note:

-- Scout is useful for Anti-Mage, and Anti-Range w/ Charge; Anti-Knight w/ Battlecry+Charge

-- Foot soliders are mainly useful to soak damage / give your mage/ranger defense. Foot soldiers should be put out front to give your units buffer room

-- Halberdiers are pretty useful for Anti-Champ, Anti-Knight and also for soaking damage

-- Mages are good Anti-halberdiers

-- Archers are good Anti-mage, Anti-Knight but weak to Scout sniping

-- Knights are pretty useless

-- Champions: main role of the champion should be to take out the other person's champion. Always be careful when your champion is within 9 squares of your opponents'; be the first to charge/battlecry. You shouldn't leave your opponent's champion as the last unit b/c then you can't chastise it

Specials:

-- Battlecry is pretty much necessary for champion KOs

-- Stoicism is more useful than vigilance for units you charge with (it's better to tank the hit and defend later rather than defend first and then die), but has a longer cooldown. Both cost the same credits.

-- Bombard isn't that useful

-- Shield wall isn't that useful; use stoicism instead. Only situation where shield wall is really useful is countering a champion attack

-- Winds of Fate + Regenenerate is expensive but very annoying to deal with

-- Chastise is very useful and can save you units on many occassions

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Chastise is very very powerful, it basically counters every single buff your opponent put on that one unit. He charged in and used stoicism? Chastise and take it down next turn, wall of shield? chastise it and take it down next turn. Battle cry? Chastise works again, it has a 3 turn cool down and cost 50 which means you can pretty much spam it whenever you need to. Because I am using it right after you do, I will always have chastise ready the turn after whenever you have the buff available no matter what command it is.

11-1.jpg[

Bombard could be very useful as it turns some 2 hit kos into 1 hit kos. Alot of people never see it coming, and oncec you snipe some archers/mages with your scouts, you will have plenty of command points to use bombard+charge+battlecry in one turn. This allows a knight to 1 hit a champion, really makes some people rage lol.

So is everyone using at least 2-3 champs now? That's not good, because soon it'll just be 3 champs vs 3 champs lol.

That is pretty much the meta game until it shifts, or Jagex nerf/buff elements of the game.

That sucks, I've never liked playing whatever everyone else plays in a game. I always go for something unique. Whatever happened to creativity and originality :mellow:

Also something else, I think the movement squares are really messed up. I mean, walking 6 diagonals is way longer than 6 up/down. Then should change this, or make the grid hexagonal, like in HoMM3.

Staurolite.png

Bombard could be very useful as it turns some 2 hit kos into 1 hit kos. Alot of people never see it coming, and oncec you snipe some archers/mages with your scouts, you will have plenty of command points to use bombard+charge+battlecry in one turn. This allows a knight to 1 hit a champion, really makes some people rage lol.

That sucks, I've never liked playing whatever everyone else plays in a game. I always go for something unique. Whatever happened to creativity and originality :mellow:

Also something else, I think the movement squares are really messed up. I mean, walking 6 diagonals is way longer than 6 up/down. Then should change this, or make the grid hexagonal, like in HoMM3.

I recall that Mod Mark H saying that he is used to playing grid like that...maybe that is how all British board game works?

11-1.jpg[

I recall that Mod Mark H saying that he is used to playing grid like that...maybe that is how all British board game works?

You mean he's used to a square or hexagonal grid?

IMO, I think the hexagonal grid would be better, because it allows better control, as in more directions to go.

Staurolite.png

Champions can work, there are some very simple things they can do to nerf it, for example nerf hp to 500/limit the number/cannot use more than one command on it/nerf movement space/cannot use charge on it.

Really though, removing it is just too extreme for my taste. I would still wait for one-two weeks until Jagex does something to this though, two days simply does not offer enough time for balancing.

11-1.jpg[

In any decent game out there if you make a mistake you lose.

This game is particularly sensitive to how perfectly you can pull off your strategy. If you lose a knight and a bishop in chess, you're nowhere near done, but losing even one troop in Conquest could ruin you for the rest of the game. I've played a bunch of games now where I felt like quitting because I made a single tiny mistake that tipped the scales HARD.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.