25-Aug-10 Conquest

Toad

Grrr, 2 turns from winning and able to get deflector, dc'd. Next game dc'd again. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions can work, there are some very simple things they can do to nerf it, for example nerf hp to 500/limit the number/cannot use more than one command on it/nerf movement space/cannot use charge on it.

Really though, removing it is just too extreme for my taste. I would still wait for one-two weeks until Jagex does something to this though, two days simply does not offer enough time for balancing.

Ya I feel as if the mage at the moment is just a glorified ranger. I think that if they boosted the mage to do even more damage only on melee troops, or extend the attack range to that of the scouts movement range, it could help balance the Champions. If 2 mages could take out a team of 4-5 Champions, but hit 0 damage on non-melee troops, then it would be quite balanced.

Champions can work, there are some very simple things they can do to nerf it, for example nerf hp to 500/limit the number/cannot use more than one command on it/nerf movement space/cannot use charge on it.

Really though, removing it is just too extreme for my taste. I would still wait for one-two weeks until Jagex does something to this though, two days simply does not offer enough time for balancing.

Ya I feel as if the mage at the moment is just a glorified ranger. I think that if they boosted the mage to do even more damage only on melee troops, or extend the attack range to that of the scouts movement range, it could help balance the Champions. If 2 mages could take out a team of 4-5 Champions, but hit 0 damage on non-melee troops, then it would be quite balanced.

Until you find a team of mages against a team of mages.

Does anyone know if this is faster points than regular? If not, I'm not playing trolololol.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

i've only been getting 15-20 points every game even though i haven't lost, is this normal?

I got 40 points each in each of my first 5 wins. But then I've been getting 30s and last game I got 8 because the guy quit.

Dunno if winning alot in a row will lower the amount of points you get, because I haven't lost yet. But if it does, then it's kinda stupid because I've been playing legit and getting wins.

Staurolite.png

People need to be punished for ragequitting when they're getting beat

They do. They loose ranks and don't get many pc points.

They need to make it like the Great Orb Project. Don't allow you to play for 10 minutes or something if you purposefully log out during a game

i've only been getting 15-20 points every game even though i haven't lost, is this normal?

I got 40 points each in each of my first 5 wins. But then I've been getting 30s and last game I got 8 because the guy quit.

Dunno if winning alot in a row will lower the amount of points you get, because I haven't lost yet. But if it does, then it's kinda stupid because I've been playing legit and getting wins.

You get points based on how long the match was ... lol...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

My main issue with Bombard is that it takes a whopping 200 points to charge up and it costs a whopping 200 points to put it in your command menu. This is a lot of lost opportunity cost.

Considering a scout can do what bombard does in half the rounds easy.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Bombard is useful. Here's an example of a start of one of my matches where bombard, cry and a scout can be used to devastate the enemy.

Enemy moves archer out 3 spaces

I move scout 1 square out of his range for the next time he moves 3 squares (basically, 10 spaces away)

He moves 3 spaces closer again thinking my scout is a free kill. He can't.

Cast battle cry on scout, run up and kill archer. -Battle cry is so that if I get attacked my scout won't be 1hit.

He moves a foot soldier up to kill me thinking it's a 1hit kill. I retaliate and kill him.

Run up to his remaining mage/archer/scout and 1hit it. Cast bombardo on any remaining archers/mages/scouts.

Total enemies dead: 4

Total ally troops dead: 1

This is where having bombardo can be very useful. You might even get away if he has slow moving troops such as knights left.

C1Geq.png

Bombard is useful. Here's an example of a start of one of my matches where bombard, cry and a scout can be used to devastate the enemy.

I move scout 1 square out of his range for the next time he moves 3 squares (basically, 10 spaces away)

Cast battle cry on scout, run up and kill archer. -Battle cry is so that if I get attacked my scout won't be 1hit.

He moves a foot soldier up to kill me thinking it's a 1hit kill. I retaliate and kill him.

Run up to his remaining mage/archer/scout and 1hit it. Cast bombardo on any remaining archers/mages/scouts.

This is where having bombardo can be very useful. You might even get away if he has slow moving troops such as knights left.

Yeah but I'd rather not rely on the fact that my opponent won't notice me battle crying my scout.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Yeah but I'd rather not rely on the fact that my opponent won't notice me battle crying my scout.

Most people won't realise that they can't kill a scout in 1 hit with battle cry on. Even if he turns on battle cry, all you have lost is a scout.

C1Geq.png

Most people won't realise that they can't kill a scout in 1 hit with battle cry on. Even if he turns on battle cry, all you have lost is a scout.

You must play against dumb people because none of that ever works for me. I just wait till I have charge. Run in kill his archer and either wait it out for bombard or cast stoicism and go for more.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Finally! Someone else who sees how useful bombard actually is! The many ways you can use it late game when you've a lot of command points handy are really fun. Like taking out champions with knights, halberdiers with scout/ food soldiers after you've used your battle cry. This command has literally won me games. :shades:

Staurolite.png

Finally! Someone else who sees how useful bombard actually is! The many ways you can use it late game when you've a lot of command points handy are really fun. Like taking out champions with knights, halberdiers with scout/ food soldiers after you've used your battle cry. This command has literally won me games. :shades:

I don't think it's bad, I just think the points could be better spent

Its also really slow to develop - you have to wait several turns to use it & by then I'd probably have sent in a charged halbridier or charged/cryed scout and KOed your knight

+ a charged scout is pretty much the same thing, at least in terms of early game

The only real difference between a bombard and a charged scout is that bombard doesnt take an attack turn, so bombards can be used to KO champs w knights, but knights are easily sniped (charged/cry scouts)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Could you use slayer helm with the void set now with deflector?

Knowledge base:

"If you wear a complete set of Void Knight armour (you need the Void Knight helm and any three of the four pieces of Void Knight armour to complete a set.), you will receive a bonus 'set effect' depending on the helm you have chosen to wear."

-> nope