25-Aug-10 Conquest

Toad

Due to recent casualties suffered during the events of Quiet Before the Swarm and A Void Dance, the Void Knights have an urgent need for new commanders to lead them into battle. Such is their need that even the un-enlisted, such as yourself, are welcome to take part in their Conquest training program.

Conquest puts you in command of a squad of Void Knights in a turn-based, player-vs-player, tactical war game. Every budding commander begins with an equal number of resources with which to build their squad choose your troops and set their starting formation, then pick a number of game-changing special Commands to help turn the battle in your favour.

With the composition of your squad decided, lead it into battle against other commanders to prove your leadership skills. Conquer your opponents and you will make your mark on the high score table and earn Commendations, which you can trade in for combat skill experience and Void Knight equipment. Theres even a new Void Knight shield called the deflector, which is unique to Conquest. As you only need to wear three pieces of Void armour and one of the helms to get the set effect, this new shield gives you more options to mix and match your Void Knight gear.

Mod Rathe

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Conquest:

Talk to Captain Ethar at the Void Knights' Outpost.

Requirements to play Conquest:

As with Pest Control, the only requirement is a minimum combat level of 40.

In other news...

As there are now two activities that can award you with Commendations, we have doubled how many you are able to hold on to from 250 to 500.

Thessalia in Varrock and Yrsa in Rellekka now have new clothing options for you to choose from.

You can now right-click the world map icon to remove your world marker without having to re-open the whole interface again.

We've added the ability for the assister to find out how long it is until they can next assist, as well as how much experience they've earned. Simply right-click the Assist tab below the chatbox.

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Rotated a spinning wheel in one of the new Daemonheim challenge rooms as it was causing issues.

* Removed a couple of pillars in the Yk'lagor the Thunderous boss room.

* Fixed the models used by the revenant goblins, specifically their heads.

* Corrected the colours on the ancient mitre.

Quests/Achievement Diaries

* Rewrote some of the code used in the Swan Song quest and related cutscenes.

* Adjusted the quest list sort name for the A Void Dance quest.

Miscellaneous

* Fixed an issue with the XP counter and its maximum value displayed.

* Corrected a problem where the bound versions of hailstorm daggers and flameburst defenders didn't do as much damage if they were bound items.

* Rammernaut should now be consistent between the game and the Adventurer's Log.

* Removed some extraneous text in the Summoning skill guide.

* Adjusted some of the text on the RuneScape loading bar.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can now right-click the world map icon to remove your world marker without having to re-open the whole interface again.

We've added the ability for the assister to find out how long it is until they can next assist, as well as how much experience they've earned. Simply right-click the Assist tab below the chatbox.

The two best bits imo. The amount of times I accidently placed a marker and only found out after closing the world map >.>.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Breaks my heart that Jagex never does updates on Monday/Tuesday anymore.. those are my days off. I can't wait to try it out! :thumbup:

Hmmm.. basically I need to get 1250+ rank, get a deflector, then leave the mini-game.

I can't see the deflector being particularly useful for melee, unless a rune defender trumphs barrows gloves. Although, a body may be of use in some situations. I see the use being with ranging, as we can better increase the accuracy.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Rewards are essentially the same, the only new one is the deflector, which is +30 all defence. This one's a write-off, I'd say.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

you're dismissing the deflector too quickly here.

Deflector counts as a piece of void knight set. You only need a helm/3 pieces to make a set. You now can opt to take a void shield and add, say, a platebody. I imagine there's some opportunity here.

Well...the worst piece of void clothing thus far was the gloves that would sap 12 str and 12 stab from you, while the loss of defender would sap 19 stab and 5 strength from you...this really, really isn't an upgrade lol. Mage void has never been worth it and it is mildly useful for range void(+4 range attack). Replacing it for the body slot could yield up to 13 extra range attack. I bet the ''activity'' is terrible though.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The deflector will only be useful for mage/range, I guess void mage is a bit more useful?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

those new clothes look nice <3:

oh and maybe i'm gonna try that conquest-thingy out some day, i still need a mace and now i need that shield for my collection to :wall:

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

So I wonder if the new shield means any new hybrid setups.

I'd very much rather lose a defender / DFS than a body slot.

A mage setup with AH body: (includes 30% boost to accuracy)

+81 Magic attack

+110-130 Melee defense

+117 Magic Defense

+80 Range Defense

A range setup with Arma body & Chaotic crossbow: (includes 10% boost to acc/str)

+177 Ranged attack

+150-170 Melee Defense

+153 Magic Defense

+160 Range Defense

A melee setup with Torag plate & CLS: (includes 10% boost to acc/str)

+140 Slash attack

+136 Strength

+220-240 Melee Defense

+70 Magic Defense

+230 Range Defense

So as you can see, HUGE losses to defense, but HUGE gains to attack. I cannot imagine the power of +177 Ranged attack on void boost. It would basically hit through everything... and then if you stack rigour on top of that...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top