SkillCapes - Overrated?

Undo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could honestly give a [cabbage] if others like my slayer cape, I wear it because I love Slayer, and what better way to show that by wearing the cape?

This x 1,000.

So you care a thousand times over?

What? He said he wears his cape because he loves slayer. So do I. The "x 1,000" is to emphasize the point.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I cringe when I see a fletching cape because the color scheme just looks bad to me. Cooking cape doesn't look half bad though.

Oh, I loved that fletching cape, and still like it.

To me, people wearing a skillcape aren't half as pretentious as people who go around sayingthey are "Pure f2p" or that they started in classic, or those who said BEW cheapened their accomplishments (Although these people simply didn't want to get their highscores spots taken). All that elitism, that's part of RS.

Skillcapes look pretty nice and add some diversity to RS. I don't see why people wearing them should bother you.

What the hell is BEW?

I cringe when I see a fletching cape because the color scheme just looks bad to me. Cooking cape doesn't look half bad though.

To me, people wearing a skillcape aren't half as pretentious as people who go around sayingthey are "Pure f2p" or that they started in classic, or those who said BEW cheapened their accomplishments (Although these people simply didn't want to get their highscores spots taken). All that elitism, that's part of RS.

Skillcapes look pretty nice and add some diversity to RS. I don't see why people wearing them should bother you.

Because no matter how much people lie about why they're wearing them, it's to act better, to make people jealous, and to incite negative feelings. Especially the harder to get 99's capes. Slayer, Farming (not hard but people think it is), Runecrafting, Herblore etc.

Almost nobody wears it exclusively because they're proud of their accomplishment. That feeling goes away in a few days, I know because I've been there 4 times. I'm prepared to be assaulted and flamed.

When I wear my questcape, I wear it because I like it, because I'm happy I've done all the quests. Not to show off. Also, I find it a tad difficult to find a good clothing scheme for it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I could honestly give a [cabbage] if others like my slayer cape, I wear it because I love Slayer, and what better way to show that by wearing the cape?

This x 1,000.

What? He said he wears his cape because he loves slayer. So do I. The "x 1,000" is to emphasize the point.

Well, he said: I could give a [cabbage]. Generally means someone does care.

This x 1,000.

It's an expression. It means he doesn't care.

dgs5.jpg

This x 1,000.

It's an expression. It means he doesn't care.

For it to mean that, it would have to be "I couldn't give a [cabbage]"

For it to mean that, it would have to be "I couldn't give a [cabbage]"

The beauty of an idiom is that it can have an ambiguous meaning. How it's interpreted largely depends on the context in which its used. However, because this conversation is mostly pointless, I'll stop replying to you now.

dgs5.jpg

My goal is maxed ttl, 99's are just waypoints on the way to that ultimate goal. I wear my skillcapes related to an occasion I'm in (friends 99 party, event etc.). Or I wear my mining cape (my favorite skill is mining).

Who sees "normal" skillcapes overrated? Should we say that holiday items, really expensive items (divines, elysians etc.) are overrated? People see different things worth attaining and admiring, and that's the way it should be. No-one should put their taste/preferences in front of others. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about a what people wear/do, and we shouldn't be judging them for that.

What the hell is BEW?

Bonus exp weekend.

WarBlastoise.png

What exactly is the definition of "overrated"? While a cooking cape may be fater to get then Dungeoneering, for example, both players have a right to be proud. I think "overrated" is honestly a term made up by those who don't think people appreciate their achievements enough to degrade people with what they see as lesser achievements.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Because no matter how much people lie about why they're wearing them, it's to act better, to make people jealous, and to incite negative feelings. Especially the harder to get 99's capes. Slayer, Farming (not hard but people think it is), Runecrafting, Herblore etc.

Almost nobody wears it exclusively because they're proud of their accomplishment. That feeling goes away in a few days, I know because I've been there 4 times. I'm prepared to be assaulted and flamed.

if you don't care: why do you want to show it so badly?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I didn't see anything in his post that would hint towards him wanting to show it off, much less "badly". He likes slayer, so he wears the cape. Pretty simple concept.

dgs5.jpg

Because "I" like it. The cape is for me to enjoy, not you.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I've got nothing against getting 99 in a skill. I do have a problem with skillcapes cause they make every mid to high-leveled person look like clones.. They should be a nice thing to show off once in a while. I cringe when people ask how many 99s you have. It's like your character isn't up to standard with everyone else unless you have a 99.

I agree here. I rarely saw skillcapes when I was F2P and they were a big deal, when I got members everyone and their level-3 had one or more.

But whats wrong with showing of something your proud of? Sure I agree it's just stupid to make fun of someone becuase they don't have a lot of skill capes but if someones proud of getting a 99 why not let them wear it as often as they can? It only costs 99k and very seldom there is something far more important to take the cape spot while skilling.

I agree. Getting down on someone because they're wearing s skillcape is just ridiculous to be honest, and if it's a hard skill they deserve props for their accomplishment as well.

They "deserve" neither respect nor derision. It's a representation of an investment of a certain amount of time towards a certain activity. Having a skillcape, even an uncommon one like runecrafting, is not inherently good or bad or impressive or n00by; it's just a thing. :mellow:

They look pretty cool though.

I respect them because I can apreciate the time and effort required to get one like runecrafting. I myself cringe at the idea of getting 99 runecrafting because that requires a level devotion I don't have, and thats why I respect it. I'm not saying you have to, or anyone in that matter, it's just I do.

Combat wise, Ardougne Cloak 3, SW Cape, Fire cape, Accumulator, and God cape all outclass the skill capes in one way or another. Yet I still see many of them when I'm training slayer. Sure, there's the chance that these players are being unintentionally inefficient, but I think most of them want to be acknowledged for their 99. Personally, I don't compliment people's skill capes, but I don't disparage them either.

Although I do cringe when I see a pure with d claws and an untrimmed hunter or mining cape <_<

Why not just keep training Slayer and wear a Fire Cape?

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

[hide]

[/hide]

Because I enjoy doing other things.

What are you trying to prove? I'm sorry if I enjoy wearing the skill cape that resembles my favorite skill. I don't see why anyone else should care.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Stop being absurd, petty and intellectually dishonest. He stated he likes the skill, so he wears the accompanying cape or something along those lines. That doesn't mean he doesn't like other things, or loves slayer to death. You came up with [cabbage] arguments, and when other people rebutted them successfully, you attempted to throw in completely moronic non-sequitur. You basically stated, "If you love slayer so much, why don't you marry it[train it forever]?" otherwise, the person is clearly lying and only wears their cape for petty reasons right?. :rolleyes:

Stop being absurd, petty and intellectually dishonest. He stated he likes the skill, so he wears the accompanying cape or something along those lines. That doesn't mean he doesn't like other things, or loves slayer to death. You came up with [cabbage] arguments, and when other people rebutted them successfully, you attempted to throw in completely moronic non-sequitur. You basically stated, "If you love slayer so much, why don't you marry it[train it forever]?" otherwise, the person is clearly lying and only wear your cape for petty reasons right?. :rolleyes:

Precisely.

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

Then you can still tell me: WHAT do you like about the (slayer) cape?

Why do you prefer to wield it?

The only reason I can think is to show off: - the stats aren't best, and do you really care for yourself how you look can't believe that!

Then they came for me

Then you can still tell me: WHAT do you like about the (slayer) cape?

Why do you prefer to wield it?

The only reason I can think is to show off: - the stats aren't best, and do you really care for yourself how you look can't believe that!

black and red color scheme is pretty cool

indeed it is. Like I said, I don't care if anyone likes my cape, I wear it because I like it. It's for me to wear and like, not for you to stare at and judge.

TBH, if I was looking to show off, wouldn't I wear my Summoning cape?

I like the color, I like the skill, I like the fact that I got to the point of being able to wear it.

I "DON'T" care what others think of it. All I care about is what "I" think of it.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Skill capes ARE over rated if you wear them purely for stats.

If you wear it for style then dont let anyone tell you that your cape is not worth wearing whether its cooking or 120 dungeoneering

How?

The bonuses are very good for them. Almost the best next to SW Cape.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Skill capes ARE over rated if you wear them purely for stats.

If you wear it for style then dont let anyone tell you that your cape is not worth wearing whether its cooking or 120 dungeoneering

How?

The bonuses are very good for them. Almost the best next to SW Cape.

and firecape, and ardougne cape, and spottier cloak, and god capes and...

and even the difference between an untrimmed skillcape and an obby cape are minimal.

Then they came for me