SkillCapes - Overrated?

Undo

I'm often called a noob because I don't wear a skillcape...

When players are above level 100, they are "supposed to have" atleast one 99.

Skillcapes are just too common and too easy to obtain.

People with 99 in a skill:

Strenght 151K

Cooking 126K

Attack 107K

Fletching 103K

Constitution 97K

Woodcutting 93K

Defence 80K

Ranged 68K

Magic 66K

Firemaking 48K

Fishing 36K

Hunter 19K

Prayer 17K

Thiefing 15K

Slayer 11K

Crafting 11K

Mining 9K

Summoning 9K

Smithing 8K

Agility 8K

Farming 8K

Herblore 6K

Construction 5K

Runecrafting 4K

Dungeoneering 500

Total: 1094K Skillcapes :shock:

Not a miracle you see them everywhere...

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have cooking and thieving capes....its quite surprise that thieving cape is not so common because its one of fastest skill to train and it doesnt cost anytihng.

thieving is good choise for getting somewhat uncommon cape with easy work without cash...in that rarity list above it shows that all below thieving are either very slow to train or they cost high money.

i have plans to get 99 construction some day just because of cape rarity...only reason its that rare is cost of skill since its draining alot of cash not many has been able to get it even though its one of fastest skill to train once you have all material.

I have partyhats instead of skillcapes, but they're basically the same thing. I'm proud to show off my accomplishments, and for many people they're one of the most important goals in the game. Some people don't play with a skillcape or omething similar as a goal but that's fine too, RuneScape is an open ended game.

I wouldn't exactly call Merchanting a accomplishment, but that's merely my opinion. I'll admit I want some capes just because it looks good with an outfit, but there's also ones where I do it because I like the idea of the skill. I'd love to get 99 RC because the cape is damn hot, the profit is great and I dont mind RC'ing. The problem though is I neither have the time or patience to accomplish it without it spanding over 5 years.

I don;t have any skillcapes because, frankly, getting them is pretty tedious and boring. Merchanting your way to 1B+ takes a good amount of skill and considerably less time invested.

Besides skillcapes and phats, there are plenty of other more minor tokens people work for - think POH, Firecape, etc. Major goals are what motivate most people who play RuneScape to some degree to continue playing.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Plus they kinda look like crap, but meh

Look like crap? Many capes are looking great....Way better than sw, fire or especially ardy.

They could look better IMO, they all have same basic template, Slayer for example could be slashed and torn to fit the skill as if it's seen some battles but sadly it doesn't.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Plus they kinda look like crap, but meh

Look like crap? Many capes are looking great....Way better than sw, fire or especially ardy.

They could look better IMO, they all have same basic template, Slayer for example could be slashed and torn to fit the skill as if it's seen some battles but sadly it doesn't.

That would be brilliant, capes with different appearances dependent on the skill, make them more than just a cape as they are now.

Two things:

1. This thread again?

2. You again?

All of my 99's are byproducts of me slaying. All of my future 99's will be byproducts of obtaining some useful item(s) or ability, like 99 Herblore and Dungeoneering.

Oh, and:

2. You again?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

The only way to stand out now is if you're wearing a Bunny ears.

Fixed.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

What I mean by that is, SkillCapes weren't added into the game with JaGeX's intentions of players specifically getting a 99 to wear the SkillCape. Sure, it probably crossed their mind, but that was not their intention.

Where'd you get this? Your ass?

That is RICH. I'm quoting that.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

[hide]

I have partyhats instead of skillcapes, but they're basically the same thing. (...)

I wouldn't exactly call Merchanting a accomplishment, but that's merely my opinion. (...)

[/hide]

if its not an accomplishment i would like to see YOU merchent several billion + get into the rares market by building street value.

Yeah I suppose any chump can do that, just like cooking :rolleyes:

yeah, even excluding the wealth building aspect, buying a partyhat in today's market takes longer and is more difficult than any quest or boss (perhaps excluding solo corp).

I have partyhats instead of skillcapes, but they're basically the same thing. I'm proud to show off my accomplishments, and for many people they're one of the most important goals in the game. Some people don't play with a skillcape or omething similar as a goal but that's fine too, RuneScape is an open ended game.

I wouldn't exactly call Merchanting a accomplishment, but that's merely my opinion. I'll admit I want some capes just because it looks good with an outfit, but there's also ones where I do it because I like the idea of the skill. I'd love to get 99 RC because the cape is damn hot, the profit is great and I dont mind RC'ing. The problem though is I neither have the time or patience to accomplish it without it spanding over 5 years.

if its not an accomplishment i would like to see YOU merchent several billion + get into the rares market by building street value.

Yeah its a real accomplishment when you get out daddy's credit card and buy some rares off the chinese. :rolleyes:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The only thing about them that gets me is when people say, "Nice X cape." Instead of, "Nice 99 X."

I train skills to 99 as something to do really. Working on 90+ melee while doing Slayer and Farming on the side to break up the monotony. I wanna start GWDing for money.

Butt_Snakes.png

From the time I reach 99 Defense and HP to the end of August I'm going to try and get a bunch of 99s.

The only thing about them that gets me is when people say, "Nice X cape." Instead of, "Nice 99 X."

I train skills to 99 as something to do really. Working on 90+ melee while doing Slayer and Farming on the side to break up the monotony. I wanna start GWDing for money.

I think a lot of people say nice cape instead of nice 99 because they can see it, and probably 99% of the time your wearing it. But say you were to say in quick chat "I have 99 slayer" I doubt people would respond with nice slayer cape, but rather nice 99 slayer.

Seconded. I enjoy merchanting, and use partyhats as my "skillcape", because earning a living in the market takes considerably more skill then cooking 100,000 lobsters. I'm sure Jagex appreciates rares for this reason, they give something to work toward to playsrs who want to do something other then repetitive training.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Total Level > Skill Capes.

The amount of level 80's walking round with Fletching, Cooking or Woodcutting capes thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread and bragging about their 99's is ridiculous. I'm level 109, I have no 99's, but I can almost guarentee that anybody with any of those 3 capes around my level will have a poor total level compared to me. i thnk it's about time people who prefer to train all their skills get some recognition, for example, skill total capes.

Babyshambles.png

The cape= the 99 to just about everyone. You're really playing on words and trying to criticize something, here.

WarBlastoise.png

Yeah its a real accomplishment when you get out daddy's credit card and buy some rares off the chinese. :rolleyes:

Is this a joke?

It better be...

Because you can buy 99's just as easily if not more easily than you can buy rares...

As a matter of fact... you can buy easily the materials to 99s, but you still have to train them. Achievements are relative to the individual also. A player cheating to get 99 hunter and a legit player training his way to 99 will both have the same end results, except one of them might be a little prouder...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

[hide]

Is this a joke?

[/hide]

It better be...

Because you can buy 99's just as easily if not more easily than you can buy rares...

As a matter of fact... you can buy easily the materials to 99s, but you still have to train them. Achievements are relative to the individual also. A player cheating to get 99 hunter and a legit player training his way to 99 will both have the same end results, except one of them might be a little prouder...

I think he was saying that more people sell accounts with a 99 in skills like hunter, fishing, woodcutting, strength etc. (and for cheaper prices) than partyhats.

Anyway I suspect that Golvellius is

1270163965597.png

Every one of my 10 capes I got either because I LOVED the skill (Slayer/QP cape) or because that was part of a goal I enjoyed getting.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I think someone is bitter/jealous.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Seconded. I enjoy merchanting, and use partyhats as my "skillcape", because earning a living in the market takes considerably more skill then cooking 100,000 lobsters. I'm sure Jagex appreciates rares for this reason, they give something to work toward to playsrs who want to do something other then repetitive training.

If Jagex appreciates rares then why don't they make new ones every year?

(Dont read the next line, just close your eyes and believe in the pure goodness of rares)

Because your wrong.

Now lets all be touched by the fact that Jagex won't delete them for the sake of a few legitimate owners. :cry:

God save the rares so the chinese can buy water! :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The amount of level 80's walking round with Fletching, Cooking or Woodcutting capes thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread and bragging about their 99's is ridiculous. I'm level 109, I have no 99's, but I can almost guarentee that anybody with any of those 3 capes around my level will have a poor total level compared to me. i thnk it's about time people who prefer to train all their skills get some recognition, for example, skill total capes.

You can't say that 99 is nothing and then turn right around and say that high total levels deserve respect. They're the same thing.

You can't say that 99 is nothing and then turn right around and say that high total levels deserve respect. They're the same thing.

Well no, they're not the same thing, because having 99 Cooking at 1200 total isn't as good as having 1700+ total

Babyshambles.png