Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

so.... i appear to be pregnant

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Rainy_Day
[ Display Name History ]

Rainy_Day

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,968 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Duffman19910
  • RSN2:Yeahduffman

Congratulations for being a financial cancer to your parents and your own peers.

You're just like my sister, cept she actually did something about it.

Somebody's an angsty virgin today.

I can't help but ditto this.

I think the phrase "learn some manners" comes into play.

Anyway, I'd hate to be in your position/the father's position, as I'd rather have a child through planning, but good luck to the two of you. Most children are unplanned I would assume, plus 25 isn't that young. Compare it to people over here where most are 16-20 when they get pregnant, and really do just spend their lives living off the state. At least you have a job, a family and the father will be involved. :thumbup:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
While I support abortion, I don't really see a reason WHY you'd abort it - or people would suggest it. She's not too young, she's not in a terrible financial situation (it might be hard, but those are the breaks) and even if it was unplanned you can't just abort because you weren't expecting it.

Anyway, I wish you all the best :)

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I'll pray for you.

This.

That sucks that he left you, it makes me mad when guys are jerks and do that (it also makes me mad because girls fall over and over for these jerks when they could see me, but thats beside the point and completly irrevelent)

What if the father didn't want the baby, and wanted an abortion? Its always seemed odd to me it's always the woman's decision but the man still has to go through with everything she wants. But in marriage they're both equal.

If she can't help herself with an abortion why should he help her?

Same stands the other way. If she wanted an abortion, there's nothing the father can do about it.

As it's his child, he should live with whatever decision she makes, whether he likes it or not.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

dude91
[ Display Name History ]

dude91

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
best of luck with your baby !

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dougymc
  • RSN2:Doug M

Congratulations for being a financial cancer to your parents and your own peers.

You're just like my sister, cept she actually did something about it.

Somebody's an angsty virgin today.

I can't help but ditto this.

I think the phrase "learn some manners" comes into play.

Anyway, I'd hate to be in your position/the father's position, as I'd rather have a child through planning, but good luck to the two of you. Most children are unplanned I would assume, plus 25 isn't that young. Compare it to people over here where most are 16-20 when they get pregnant, and really do just spend their lives living off the state. At least you have a job, a family and the father will be involved. :thumbup:

I live near a secondary school with a daycare... Yeah... 25 seems a good age for a kid.

Good luck, and I'm glad you decided to have it. While I'm not really against abortions, I think it should be reserved for special circumstances.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

I'll pray for you.

This.

That sucks that he left you, it makes me mad when guys are jerks and do that (it also makes me mad because girls fall over and over for these jerks when they could see me, but thats beside the point and completly irrevelent)

What if the father didn't want the baby, and wanted an abortion? Its always seemed odd to me it's always the woman's decision but the man still has to go through with everything she wants. But in marriage they're both equal.

If she can't help herself with an abortion why should he help her?

Same stands the other way. If she wanted an abortion, there's nothing the father can do about it.

As it's his child, he should live with whatever decision she makes, whether he likes it or not.

If she wanted the abortion, the father should go find someone else who wants his baby...if its even important to him. So, no, its not the same.

Its just ridicoulous that people hinge on to petty religious beliefs to screw their fincinal life for 10+ years.

Not saying the OP should abort, if she wants to, go ahead, but she shouldn't complain about hard times when she could of easily avoided it but didn't because of outdated, irrational beliefs.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

If she wanted the abortion, the father should go find someone else who wants his baby...if its even important to him. So, no, its not the same.

Its just ridicoulous that people hinge on to petty religious beliefs to screw their fincinal life for 10+ years.

Not saying the OP should abort, if she wants to, go ahead, but she shouldn't complain about hard times when she could of easily avoided it but didn't because of outdated, irrational beliefs.

Uh....let's see. A child has two parents, a mother and a father. They both contribute 50% of their DNA. So, if the father wants to keep the child, who he has 50% stake in, he should just "go find someone else", and forget about his child. Right.

I personally find it ridiculous that people are willing to kill someone to prevent the "screwing of their financial life", but to each his own.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
At worst, people have done much worse.

At best, you probably killed a bug before. Do it again.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Makaaveli
[ Display Name History ]

Makaaveli

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Makaaveli
Your 25, have a job, have a family and someone to support you. People have it unimaginably worst.

At worst, people have done much worse.

At best, you probably killed a bug before. Do it again.

I'm guessing your parents didn't quite think the same.

Blasphemy
“We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” ~ Blasphemien Way

Posted Image

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
Or maybe they wanted a baby? I'm just saying to those that don't want a baby, especially not the OP.
Posted Image

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
These people can help:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/

Go to your local Planned Parenthood for advice, guidance and direction. They won't [cabbage] you, they won't force a choice on you, and they'll give you a lot of useful and helpful information on where to go from here.

I wish you the best of luck. I am a believer of choice, and although I probably would have an abortion in your case, if your choice is to keep your future baby, that is no one's right to tell you otherwise or influence your decision. This has to be your choice and yours alone. Not your boyfriends', not your parents', not your friends', but yours. You can accept input (haha, you're getting it now, aren't you?), but go with how you feel, not how others feel.

To everyone out there telling her she should have been more careful before, maybe that's true, maybe it's not. You're not in the position to judge. Things happen. Condoms break. Birth control fails. Morning after doesn't work as planned. That's why abortion should always be there for those who do wish to have one.

Good luck to you and I wish you a safe pregnancy.

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
I'm sorry I can't offer advice, but best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll end up fine.

justcallmedaddy
[ Display Name History ]

justcallmedaddy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

This is not the news I expected to get this week, even suckier that I am not with the father any more :-/

Good way to disappoint my parents I suppose, can see it now.... mum, im 25, im pregnant, im single, and im moving back in with you and dad.....

That is brutal.

fakeitormakeit2
[ Display Name History ]

fakeitormakeit2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • RSN:kaisershami
  • Clan:Not in one.
I respect and admire your decision to respect life. There are some skeptics who think that this child shall be a dramatic damper on your life, but that is not true. You will have the joy of producing something from your own flesh and you have created a true, dignified and invaluable life. I wish you the best of luck and I believe that everything shall fall into place with your steady resolve to do not what is easy, but what is right.

And I hope all realize that love is a decision one must make, not an easy shortcut they can take out of something through means such as taking an innocent life to no fault of its own. Quite frankly I don't see why since abortion is legal why we can't euthanize the mentally handicapped and ill old people as well, its the same concept, they're an inconvenience. Perhaps we should kill the unemployed and drug abusers as well who do not help society economically or intellectually. I'm sure anyone here who has a handicapped sibling or ill grandparent would never want to see them euthanized because they love them, but that's a discussion for another topic.
Posted Image

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

I respect and admire your decision to respect life. There are some skeptics who think that this child shall be a dramatic damper on your life, but that is not true. You will have the joy of producing something from your own flesh and you have created a true, dignified and invaluable life. I wish you the best of luck and I believe that everything shall fall into place with your steady resolve to do not what is easy, but what is right.

And I hope all realize that love is a decision one must make, not an easy shortcut they can take out of something.

I'm personally pretty 'neutral' regarding the whole matter. On one hand, if she can take good care of the baby, it'll probably grow up to be fine, if the money that is needed is there. On the other hand, there already is a bit of an over-population issue...

EDIT: I'm not clear, is there going to be a 'father' figure involved for the baby? If there is, then I'd imagine the baby should be just fine. I've seen worse. A LOT worse.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
I wish you the best. As someone said before, it could be much worse. I know many women who have become pregnant at the age on 15. I will not say it won't be difficult, but it could be a lot worse.
Best of wishes to you.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
May the child be born healthy.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Reztral
[ Display Name History ]

Reztral

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • RSN:Lovepanda86
  • RSN2:Restral
This is the exact opposite of what I'm wanting atm. I want my wife to get pregnant, but no such luck :(. Anyway, hope everything works out!

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

meb
[ Display Name History ]

meb

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • RSN:Red ftk bolt
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild
The solution is one abortion away. Don't [bleep] about it not being the right time if you don't want to get an abortion because of your beliefs.
Retired
2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Guthorm
[ Display Name History ]

Guthorm

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts
  • RSN:The Awesome
  • Clan:Retired but hoping to come back one day
Or you can stop being ridiculous and let her have her principle. I am pro-choice but you don't go around and be an a hole about it. There is no evidence that the baby cannot be raised. In fact it seems the baby will be in good hands. Why kill a potential life when there is no need to?
Posted Image[
Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users