Drop Rates of Elite Clue Scrolls

RangingRoy

I realise there won't be a hard number, but from your experiences how much rarer are the level 4 scrolls than the level 3 scrolls when coming from Steel Dragons? I have killed roughly 300 steels now and have yet to recieve one of the clue scrolls. Are they visage rare or have I been very unlucky? Just looking for rough estimates based on your experiences.

I've had 3 elites in about...1k metals through slayer

So I'd say you're about due for one.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Well that obviously also depends on a multitude of other factors - how often you get elite-dropping tasks, whether or not you have the slayer level to do all of the elite dropping tasks, and whether or not you keep clues in your bank for a long time preventing you from getting others.

The fact of the matter is, I highly doubt that you've done that much exp without one, and even if you have, then you're just unlucky, because I have gotten 4 elites in a similar amount of slayer exp, and know plenty of other people who have too.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Yea, I do have slay lvl to do all the best monsters and I do the tasks as well, with the exception of steel drags. And I don't pick up regular clues at all... OK, sorry for hijacking the topic, but does the elite clue say something different than just clue scroll? Because if it does, I haven't gotten any, but if by looking at the drop on ground, you can't make out the difference....then maybe i've gotten a bunch and just didn't know it.

Purekilljoy.png

Yea, I do have slay lvl to do all the best monsters and I do the tasks as well, with the exception of steel drags. And I don't pick up regular clues at all... OK, sorry for hijacking the topic, but does the elite clue say something different than just clue scroll? Because if it does, I haven't gotten any, but if by looking at the drop on ground, you can't make out the difference....then maybe i've gotten a bunch and just didn't know it.

There is no difference in the way you look at it on the ground. You have to pick it up and, in some cases, read it, before you can know whether it's elite.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

There is no difference in the way you look at it on the ground. You have to pick it up and, in some cases, read it, before you can know whether it's elite.

[cabbage]...gonna pick every one up from now on a read it...

Purekilljoy.png

Sorry to hijack your thread, but what would be the best to kill: irons, steels, or miths?

Miths probably have the best drop rate, but they take so long to kill. Irons probably have the lowest drop rate but have much less defence.

Every one that I've ever gotten has looked different. Kind of like a regular scroll with a little tail. I don't know if they are all like that, but for me they have been.

Every one that I've ever gotten has looked different. Kind of like a regular scroll with a little tail. I don't know if they are all like that, but for me they have been.

Elite scrolls can only be scan or compass clues- scan ones look a bit different while the compass ones look exactly the same as all other clues, only difference being that they are a compass clue when you open them.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

If Elite clues are anything like level 1/2/3s, they're completely random.

Clues have always been a 100% random drop. Though i don't know if Elites are different and have a fixed drop rate.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

If Elite clues are anything like level 1/2/3s, they're completely random.

Clues have always been a 100% random drop. Though i don't know if Elites are different and have a fixed drop rate.

Erm.... random drops have a drop rate. Let's not start this debate again though, and just read a book on statistics, please.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So not all elite clues have that little tag thing on the bottom of them? Guess I need to start opening up all the clues instead of just looking at them in my inventory.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::