Something smells fishy?????

Jerrash

Ok Here is my updated view on fishing And please dont hold me to my old post. I am keeping my idea of a drop box on the port it would be more useable to me members then some of the updates in the past. For example the drop box would benefit free to players in a huge way and members could always use more banks and deposits but this box could be located near the willow trees near the bar and thus a old woodcutting spot is re vamped. And for the fishing skill its self i can see were i said that lowering xp would only further add to fishing dislike to both members and free to players. No offense if you like fishing i personally like runecrafting. And for woodcutting I have no suggestions if you would like to reccoumend how I could progress in my forums posting. please leave a comment.

Jerrash.png" alt="Draynor.net Stat Signature

Its a good though but you need to expand really into it. Jagex really cant make a "fish x" or a "chop x" due to the randomness of the skill.

And fishing is limited in f2p, Although you can use cabbage rings to bank lobsters from Karamja quickly. I personally think both skills are fine, in both f2p and p2p.

I bit more supporting arguments might help this thread though, this isnt rsof where people make 2 line threads. Feel free to use as much space as you'd like. Do you have any specific suggestions that you think could help keep fishing / wc a skill you would like to train? ^^

Inb4peopleflamingthenewguy

Oh, and Welcome to TIF :)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

We need some new faces...er, avatars around here, some of the older members have their heads up their...yeah. So welcome :)

I definitely agree with you. Even though a complete overhaul of the fishing skill would be necessary to implement a fish-x option, I don't want to see it happen.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Although you can use cabbage rings to bank lobsters from Karamja quickly.

I'm pretty sure Jagex put a guy on the island who turns all your raw lobsters into Certs .. uh, notes for you :)

EDIT:

Players can also exchange their fish (tuna, swordfish, or lobsters) for banknotes, by talking to stiles, south of the volcano.

Found here

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Rs2= fish x/woodcut x, and now mine x. Didn't use to be able to do those things in rsc.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't get what you're saying... so I'll just argue against your points as I read it.

First, you mention that Fishing and Woodcutting are the only 2 skills untouched by "X".

So what's your point? Fishing doesn't have catch X because come on, that would be pointless.

Then, you (or other people) complain that is is easy, but slow.

I suppose it is kind of relaxing (as fishing IRL always should have been, not OMFG I MUST DUMP THIS BATCH OF FISH IN ~10 seconds).

After that, you decide that Jagex should "give us a challenge" and decrease the experience gained.

How is that a challenge? Decreasing the experience gain does nothing more than force players to spend more time, it's just boring, not challenging. Also, how did they mess with it? The most recent update I recall was Fish Flingers, which I think doesn't give any experience at all. Unless you want to look further back and argue against LRC, which seems to still be slower than Barbarian Fishing, which has existed for years without any complaints (other than painful wrists).

"up and coming f2pers" is an oxymoron. up-and-coming f2pers are, infact destined to be p2p players. why would a paying member want jagex to expand f2p fishing? rofl i was perfectly content with it 4 years ago. i'm pretty sure that getting multiple logs from a tree is the same thing as chop-x and even mining has rocks now that you can get multiple ores from (also pure ess). jagex has no plans to mess up your f2p druid paradise.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

sorry, im off the view that f2p should be at a disadvantage to p2p. adding a drop box on karamja would be ok, but it would only benefit f2p people in general and jagex dont really add things into the game that only benefit f2p its normally only benefits them as a byproduct of it helping p2p.

pilipod.png

I'm not quite sure what your saying, but I understood fish drop boxes out of the first post.

Aren't there banks located close by fishing spots. I could see it helping at barbarian village for f2p'ers though that would then possibly take over for shilo village.

Also shouldn't this be in the suggestions forum? Welcome to tif btw. |^_^|

Although you can use cabbage rings to bank lobsters from Karamja quickly.

I'm pretty sure Jagex put a guy on the island who turns all your raw lobsters into Certs .. uh, notes for you :)

EDIT:

Players can also exchange their fish (tuna, swordfish, or lobsters) for banknotes, by talking to stiles, south of the volcano.

Found here

Oh, I didnt know this. That certinly makes things much much easier :P

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

sorry, im off the view that f2p should be at a disadvantage to p2p. adding a drop box on karamja would be ok, but it would only benefit f2p people in general and jagex dont really add things into the game that only benefit f2p its normally only benefits them as a byproduct of it helping p2p.

By adding Stiles, they've basically given F2P a drop box on Karmaja. It's just that you have to carry around the noted fish instead of putting it directly into your bank. Bring an axe and a tinderbox with you and you can fish/cook indefinitely without ever leaving the island.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think that fishing is very well balanced right now for p2p players, though for f2p I might argue that they deserve one more type of fish to catch, but its pretty good in my eyes.

Hmmmm....."Deserve"? I wonder how someone who doesn't play can "deserve" something.

Indeed. Those who don't play don't deserve anything. ;-)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I literally have no clue what this thread is about.

I second that. :blink:

He would like a drop box by the dock on Karamja as he feels it would benefit F2P players.

I think by adding Stiles there is pretty much adding a drop box there. Recently, I just use the cabbage ring and then tele to drop box and then bank it. In the older days, I just Fally tele. In the really old days, I just walk.....

I personally don't think Jagex should add more things to make F2p easier, it kind of devalue the sense of being a F2p (true to that statement since we don't pay the game, so no extra benefits, but as well, most people consider F2p "harder" again, totally for interpretation)

F2p will be happy with whatever Jagex decide to spare on the side.

a happy Runescaper

I literally have no clue what this thread is about.

I second that. :blink:

He would like a drop box by the dock on Karamja as he feels it would benefit F2P players.

Explorer's ring tele > Port Swarim deposit box.

There ya go.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

May I bring you to troacctid's "fishing fluccutiflucination" (whatever you spell that) post?

Don't do fishing for the cash, it's not worth it even in f2p.

If you really wanted to, I suppose Stiles and the explorer's ring -> Port Sarim deposit box are good methods. Just don't rely on fishing to be your main source of income.

(Unless you want it to be your main source of food.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention