At first I thought it was just another Vista (in other words, a useless carbon copy of its predecessor), but it turns out its received a nice little overhaul. Basically, Microsoft took all the good features from all the other browsers, and included them in IE9.
Sorry IE haters, looks like the competition is heating up again.
Features I noticed...
- The search box and URL box have been combined. Chrome had this.
- The browser is extremely clean. The design is flawless and all the cluttery toolbars have been removed, and the icons have been compressed. Chrome had this as well.
- The browser now has pinned sites. Finally.
- On that note, you can now drag websites down to your task bar (Windows 7) and they will be pinned there. Nice for facebook and youtube.
- Videos seem to load faster in general. When I visited youtube, the videos were loading fast to a point where I didn't have to pause the video every 5 seconds as I sometimes have to do on certain large videos.
- Pages seem to load slightly faster. Sorry FF and Chrome.
- Getting random errors sometimes. Sometimes I have to close IE and restart it. Kinda annoying, but I'm sure they'll fix it when they release the full package.