06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

It is impossible to kill the Queen while she still has those spawn healers, and they can only be killed by the archers that come out to aid you. So basically, to beat her, spec with Korasi's sword to interrupt her spec (saves you tons of hp and keeps your helpers alive for longer), and immediately kill every defiler or whatever pest that keeps killing you archers. Once you have 8 archers surrounding the queen, and no defilers, THEN you really start to kill the Queen. From there, it's very straightforward hack and slash to kill, except spec with Koasi's sword as needed (NEVER run out of spec).

No no no no -- do not KILL the Defilers, or the Void Queen will simply respawn more of them. Your way will only prolong the battle.

If you simply hit each of the Defilers, they will turn their attention on you, and then the Archers can get control over the healers. Once you have the healers in check you can take down the queen with no problem and in short order -- especially if you use a Spriti Kyatt and Ambush scrolls.

This is true I found the following to be of most help:

1) Melee armour & mage prayer. The mage attack does far worse damage than the melee.

2) Do not kill the defilers, they can only ever be 2. You can ALWAYS trap 1 and tank the other or trap both using the queen (sometimes they both spawn same side)

3) Stand yourself right next to the portal frame, this puts all 3 knights well clear of the melee attack swipe. They don't hit hard but they hit more consistently than you will so they help speed things up

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this special attack being Mage-based, do we get Mage EXP for using it?

Obviously not. Mage basing means that the accuracy of the damage is calculated based on opponents defense against magical attacks, it's still a melee attack.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Obviously not. Mage basing means that the accuracy of the damage is calculated based on opponents defense against magical attacks, it's still a melee attack.

Yeah its a mage based melee attack.

That means its attack power is determined by your melee abilities; but it is blocked by the opponents magic defence; and it still counts as a melee attack.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That means its attack power is determined by your melee abilities; but it is blocked by the opponents magic defence; and it still counts as a melee attack.

Yup I used it at tds it's always fun getting it to pray mage and continue meleeing, although it's not as effective as claws/maul on those :\

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Yup I used it at tds it's always fun getting it to pray mage and continue meleeing, although it's not as effective as claws/maul on those :\

Err, I just used the special and got Mage EXP. :unsure:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Wait so if you hit over 300 with it, the TD switches to pray mage?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If that's true, considering demons have very low magic def, it could be the best spec weapon for TD's from now on- with claws, you'd be forced to switch to range after special, but now you can efficiently get two melee >31 hits in.

Can anyone confirm the mage xp from spec? i find it hard to believe.

One sec, I'll make a video and show you.

Edit: Here you go, forgive me for the horrible quality. I really regret getting Camtasia, considering it's a near-necessity to have Safe Mode on to record :V

Anyway:

It's very little, I believe, but it still gives Mage EXP.

If that's true, considering demons have very low magic def, it could be the best spec weapon for TD's from now on- with claws, you'd be forced to switch to range after special, but now you can efficiently get two melee >31 hits in.

mmhm, especiallly true with a ring of vigour, as it allows you to do korasi's sword spec and switch to claw spec immadiately, which is pretty amazing damage imo.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

One sec, I'll make a video and show you.

Edit: Here you go, forgive me for the horrible quality. I really regret getting Camtasia, considering it's a near-necessity to have Safe Mode on to record :V

Anyway:

vid

It's very little, I believe, but it still gives Mage EXP.

Yeah, sorry for being so superficial and blatantly dismissing it :oops: Thanks for the confirmation though.

But in any case, i think korasi sword+claw(with vigour) spec on TD's would be deadly combo, with spec restores you should be able to to use the combo on like every second TD.

It was cool until I got to the conquest part of the game.

Gee thats slightly unbalanced in the pest favor. :rolleyes:

I guess I will be waiting for the guide on that.

The conquest game is actually really easy, the AI of the pests isn't all that great and you have regenerate so you can wall most of them with your champion. Just watch out for the Ravagers (I think it was), they're the only threats to your team in my opinion.

Wall? Regenerate?

The things have 3x hp as you.

Most of your doods get one hit and pests get to move 2 pieces a turn as opposed to your one.

I'd send that content back to QA with a little note attached "fix me fools".

I lost 1 archer. However, it took me 2 tries until I found out that champion only is the best way to roll. Just use champion, regenerate, and BC as needed, and you are ready to rock. Very easy \:D/

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I did it on my first try - I had Champion and Knight take everything out that had over 300HP, and made the Mage take out the monsters with 200HP (Defilers, if I remember correctly), and when she died I had my Archers take out the Torchers to protect the Champion/Other Meleers.

It's very easy. Just remember to Battle Cry when fighting a Spinner/anything over 400HP and Regenerate the Champion when it gets to below 300 HP, otherwise you might risk losing that piece.

Korasi's sword

Disrupt

In singleway combat, this attack will hit one opponent for anything between 50-150% of your max hit. In multiway combat, this attack hits three opponents once each, the damage caused halving with each subsequent hit.

Drains 60% special bar

Never missies (not totally sure about that one)

Ring of vigour + old magic sbow trick (save special attack until its about to recharge 10%) = 2 specials in a row i.e. badass KO

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

The never misses part caught my interest. If that is indeed true, it will be a godly spec weapon for tds, bandos, sara, and pvp. Think about it, a weapon that automatically hits between 250 and 750 always, that is great for pvp. Claws still win on low defense though.

The never misses part caught my interest. If that is indeed true, it will be a godly spec weapon for tds, bandos, sara, and pvp. Think about it, a weapon that automatically hits between 250 and 750 always, that is great for pvp. Claws still win on low defense though.

You've got me thinking...well, isn't it also the best spec weapon for the Corp now? I think magic damage is not halved against the corp, but it's relative DPS against ranged/melee is so low (plus his magic defense) that its not worth it. BUT, doesn't that mean that the mage-based damage from the special would deal magic damage to the corp (aka, full damage, not halved) with 100% accuracy?

EDIT: best spec weapon for FFA corp I meant.

Idk check it I haven't done any of the void quests yet. Still awaiting on the 100% accuracy confirmation before I waste my time doing the quests.

I've used the spec well over a hundred times already, and I've watched quite a few others use it too, and I have *never* once heard of a complete miss (discounting cyclopes at the warriors guild). Yes, lower hits sometimes, but that's the nature of the RNG. So I've got pretty good reason to believe that the spec does have 100% accuracy (even if it doesn't, heck, 99.99% accuracy is close enough for me!)

I really need todo this Quest, Really do miss my Quest Cape! <3: Still alittle worried about fighting the Queen tho lol Watched couple of People fighting her.... She has alottttttt of Lifepoints, I guess Ice/Fire/Moss/Unicorn are highly Reccomended :ohnoes:

angel_kate_x.png

^ Yeah, just talk to Commander Tyr after the quest and he'll upgrade the regular Void armor for 100 commendations to Elite Void Armor.

I managed to defeat the boss and complete the quest (and get my quest cape back, huzzah! <3: ), but damn, that was waaay too close.

voidBawsWin.png

Overall, it was a fun quest, just a bit too short.

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

Can you change the robe top (not reward top) of Void to Elite looks? Cause I really want full white elite like that ;__;

I think you can do the Top & Bottom

You can change the top & bottom for the elite counterpart for 100 commendations after quest (which is pre-assigned to the path you took in the quest)

AND - You can pay 100k gp to change the elite tops and bottoms to I believe it's 3 different colours?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png