06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

top from quest reward ftw? :P

It's nice, but now I have a useless regular top I can't sell back for the 250 commendations it cost me to buy it. <_<

The old top looks better :thumbup:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would, probably (or at least, it wouldn't be weird if it did). That is, void is an accuracy and damage bonus, the slayer helmet is a strength + attack bonus. Salve stacks with void but not with fsh, and it's the same of bonus type as a fsh, so I think the higher bonus takes precedence, but different bonusus stack (like D&D, where attack & damage are also die-roll-based).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

if void + slayer helmet stacked id consider using this for slayer tasks, but i highly doubt the 2 stack

That just wouldn't work unless you fused the helm with the top or something, since you need the helm to determine the bonus you are getting.

The spec apparently hits high 700's... can anyone confirm this / comment on its accuracy? If it's that good then the quest isn't terrible and I would even consider selling my claws

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The spec apparently hits high 700's... can anyone confirm this / comment on its accuracy? If it's that good then the quest isn't terrible and I would even consider selling my claws

I've been using it randomly. And I've never missed with it after about 10 specs. The specs usually hit from 220-490.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I've not hit anything that high on a single person/monster yet. However the special attack does chain and hit multiple people within a certain distance of each other. I think the max is 3. Been testing it out in soul wars. Killed 2 range pures who were running past as i used the spec (Two 200+ hits) on another person.

I think the weapon has potential. I really like it and i hope it doesn't end up being another quest item you shelf.

Swainy.png

if void + slayer helmet stacked id consider using this for slayer tasks, but i highly doubt the 2 stack

Slayer isn't the only thing in the world. The fact that the reward could be useless to you because you ignore some parts of the game is your problem, and can't be used for judgment on the reward.

In any case, void is recommended for alot of the best combat moneymakers in game, and this makes void quite a bit better(and allows for longer TD/frost trips).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I forgot about this in my previous post, but there were a few funny little 'easter eggs' during the quest. Like when you were playing the conquest part of the quest, you would occasionally hear level up sparks from Daquarius leveling up mining when he's trying to break through the wall. :P

so this is some 1h quest that gives a 100k xp reward and 4-8 more pray bonus on a useless armor set? i wont be doing this quest

the boss fight doesnt even comapare with nomad

That's a pretty negative way to look at it, but to be honest, I agree. There really isn't anything that makes this quest Grandmaster level. Nomad's Requiem had a dam hard boss, WGS had an epic length compared to every other quest. TVSB has...nothing. The puzzles weren't as hard as what has come before and neither was the boss. I'm not dissapointed with the quest itself or the story, I just don't understand why Jagex slapped the GM label onto it as it clearly isn't of that level.

So it makes sense to label it as Master quest?

Nomad is the first boss I ever fought that required strategy rather than just brute force. Feels normal for people to die 10+ times before finally beating him. As for While Guthix Sleeps, it was the length that made it stand out. The bosses in that quest were easy.

700 withuot turmoil...hmm that calculates to about 860 with turmoil at whip speed so i sho......begins doing quest

also its hit appears to be a tiny bit delayed right? i think sword + cmaul combo would be hillarious, 2 850s just a second or 2 apart

a_final_name.png

Quick question: Is it possible boost to the 80 magic requirement? I don't really feel like training it when I don't need to.

It's not boostable. I drank a Wizard's Mind Bomb at 78 mage and I couldnt start the quest.

I appreciate the tip, thanks. There's no real harm in getting 80 magic anyway, I'm only level 77 at the time of posting.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Lol the korasi sword wiki page is currently being trolled

Anyway, with a vigour ring you can do a korasi + dclaw combo. With spec restore you can do 2x korasi's. I'm not sure whether korasi is better or worse than dclaw, but it's definitely more disposable. High protect value though meh.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Does this mean that Godswords and Whip are beginning to show their age?

If this is what Korassi's Sword does, then I guess this marks a new chapter in Runescape weaponry.

What? I didn't understand anything you said.

Korasi's sword could be a decent spec weapon at best, but nothing more. Whip has been useless since dungeoneering, godswords either from their release(as DPS weapons) or since dclaws/EE.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Quick question lol.

I left the portal to stock up for boss fight now how do i get back? The person who teles you isn't there anymore.

Is it in the taverly dungeon?

edit: ya its in taverly.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoNSNvWpYP8

Looks like I might consider selling my claws.

The attack is magic based? Pretty accurate

sigcopyaf.png

I did a quick calc, and the elite void legs will save me about 2 ppots per 2 hours at frost dragons.

Meaning it'll take me 670 hours to save enough money off ppots to justify the 1 hour i spent getting 100 commendation points.

but at least it looks cool <3

I guess they could make trips last longer? but I can't stand cannoning frost dragons for more than two hours straight anyways.

Maybe void mage will be worth it now, due to the prayer bonus.

Last I checked ahrims was still more accurate, but that might be slightly offset by the void deflector now.

the extra magic attack bonuses on the SOL and arcane stream over fury/other staffs from my previous calculations may factor in as well.

Naaxi.png

Quick question lol.

I left the portal to stock up for boss fight now how do i get back? The person who teles you isn't there anymore.

Is it in the taverly dungeon?

edit: ya its in taverly.

Tiffy also teleports you there.

Very handy if you die.

priest_wiz.png