06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

It is impossible to kill the Queen while she still has those spawn healers, and they can only be killed by the archers that come out to aid you. So basically, to beat her, spec with Korasi's sword to interrupt her spec (saves you tons of hp and keeps your helpers alive for longer), and immediately kill every defiler or whatever pest that keeps killing you archers. Once you have 8 archers surrounding the queen, and no defilers, THEN you really start to kill the Queen. From there, it's very straightforward hack and slash to kill, except spec with Koasi's sword as needed (NEVER run out of spec).

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was cool until I got to the conquest part of the game.

Gee thats slightly unbalanced in the pest favor. :rolleyes:

I guess I will be waiting for the guide on that.

The conquest game is actually really easy, the AI of the pests isn't all that great and you have regenerate so you can wall most of them with your champion. Just watch out for the Ravagers (I think it was), they're the only threats to your team in my opinion.

Wall? Regenerate?

The things have 3x hp as you.

Most of your doods get one hit and pests get to move 2 pieces a turn as opposed to your one.

I'd send that content back to QA with a little note attached "fix me fools".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You have to make good use of your rally moves. Chastise ravagers/spinners when they are close, use your champion to kill most things (it has 800 health) and you can regenerate him if they focus it.

You will lose most of your low health units, it is inevitable but as long as you kill some of their fodder aswell you can just kill most with the champion.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I only lost two troops in the conguest part and that was because I was too busy dealing damage with my champion instead of caring about my scout and knight.

I only moved two troops in the whole game. First I moved my halberdier and killed one pest with it after one stupidly walked just near enough for me to hit it. Then went to slaughter everything else with my champion :grin:

I admit that the stupid AI really helped though. For some reason they didn't finish the job when they tried to kill my champion and moved some useless pest instead.

Has anyone else noticed that Jagex tends to give certain characters a personality that's really kinda detailed, then just have them 'killed' in a GM quest? I mean, really? I kinda liked Kurasi, Hazelmere, and even Nomad. (Granted, the "go die in a hole" bit from Nomad was a bit offsetting, but still....) <_<

nomad didn't die, he is a darth vader/arnold 'terminator' kinda guy, he will be back.

It is impossible to kill the Queen while she still has those spawn healers, and they can only be killed by the archers that come out to aid you. So basically, to beat her, spec with Korasi's sword to interrupt her spec (saves you tons of hp and keeps your helpers alive for longer), and immediately kill every defiler or whatever pest that keeps killing you archers. Once you have 8 archers surrounding the queen, and no defilers, THEN you really start to kill the Queen. From there, it's very straightforward hack and slash to kill, except spec with Koasi's sword as needed (NEVER run out of spec).

I killed the Queen when there was 2 drones floating around.

It was cool until I got to the conquest part of the game.

Gee thats slightly unbalanced in the pest favor. :rolleyes:

I guess I will be waiting for the guide on that.

The conquest game is actually really easy, the AI of the pests isn't all that great and you have regenerate so you can wall most of them with your champion. Just watch out for the Ravagers (I think it was), they're the only threats to your team in my opinion.

Wall? Regenerate?

The things have 3x hp as you.

Most of your doods get one hit and pests get to move 2 pieces a turn as opposed to your one.

I'd send that content back to QA with a little note attached "fix me fools".

It would seem you're the only person having that much trouble with that part of the quest ;)

Naaxi.png

Call me crazy but i enjoyed the Conquest section. I'm terrible against other players at it.

Random note: Just occurred to me that the Scout and Nomad share the same idle combat stance. I really like that. :P

Aside from the undershirt colour of the elite void, i think it looks really cool. Almost like body armour!

Shame i'm not a void user to really appreciate the set. Maybe i'll try get that deflector and try it out properly now.

Swainy.png

I didn't pay attention to anything in the battle, so I remained on the Queen the entire time, didn't attack anything else. Maybe that's why it was a nine minute fight, but do not care. Overloads are nice.

Meanwhile, I love the sword, I think they got it right. It hits super high, very accurate, but you can't use the spec twice in PVP, which would have been the biggest concern, and for non-spec, there are better alternatives. People are whining about its protect value, but I don't mind it. You shouldn't always be able to keep the best item without risking sometimes. Though I don't think it should protect over chaotics.

the spec is so accurate it's borderline overpowered. actually pretty much overpowered

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

the spec is so accurate it's borderline overpowered. actually pretty much overpowered

Explain how to me, in terms of a PVP stance, which I am pretty sure you're talking about.

It protects over whip, over claws, over chaotics, leaving most to use it as a main weapon, which puts them at a disadvantage.

It has a 60% spec, so not even the ring of vigour can allow you to use it twice in a row.

It's crap if they protect from magic or have decent magic defence (I went from 2 hitting 138s in full bandos 9/10 duels with special restores, to hitting 230s if lucky on 116's with protect from magic on).

Explain how to me, in terms of a PVP stance, which I am pretty sure you're talking about.

It protects over whip, over claws, over chaotics, leaving most to use it as a main weapon, which puts them at a disadvantage.

It has a 60% spec, so not even the ring of vigour can allow you to use it twice in a row.

It's crap if they protect from magic or have decent magic defence (I went from 2 hitting 138s in full bandos 9/10 duels with special restores, to hitting 230s if lucky on 116's with protect from magic on).

the only context i really care about is safe pvp, so none of the protect applies; also in safe pvp you can use it twice in a row without vigour ring (via spec restores). i have seen it hit through dhide and/or karil pretty easily.

you can carry both claws and ks, so pretty much no matter what armor your opponent has on you will be able to hit them 90%+ of the time. plus considering each of these easily hits above 500, you can basically two-hit any opponent.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I killed the Queen when there was 2 drones floating around.

Great. They don't all have to be killed. They respawn, but your archers kill them off before she can heal too much. Guess you out-hit the healing of 2 drones for a nice KO :).

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

the only context i really care about is safe pvp, so none of the protect applies; also in safe pvp you can use it twice in a row without vigour ring (via spec restores). i have seen it hit through dhide and/or karil pretty easily.

you can carry both claws and ks, so pretty much no matter what armor your opponent has on you will be able to hit them 90%+ of the time. plus considering each of these easily hits above 500, you can basically two-hit any opponent.

Well I think when formulating damage etc. for new weapons, Jagex's concern lies with dangrous PVP, where actual risk is a concern. Personally if you're going to talk about safe PVP at all, there's plenty that's overpowered far before this weapon came out.

The quest was O.K. If I had to rate it I would rate a 7 out of 10.

Way to much dialogue for me which made it very boring......

Puzzles - were very easy.

Conquest game - Total pain! Took me at least 6 trys... Hats off to my Champion and the Regenerate.

Queen - Easy to kill. All I did was stand right next to her ( atttack ) , prayed melee the whole time and killed the little drone/ravangers when he showed up. When she started to shake I used the spec on the sword. I wore rune plate ( lol ), dragon legs, ring of life, glory, skill cape, dragon boots and used a obby shield. ( LOL) I did take a yak with full inventory of sharks and 3 restore pots plus of course my inventory full of sharks as well.

queenvalerie.png

I have to say that I was quite disappointed with the quest. It wasn't all bad, but the "Grandmaster" label sours the quest for me, and the plot felt a little contrived. After all, why is Wizard Grayzag the main antagonist in the first place? He's a Necromancer, and yet Jagex has him "Summoning" Pest monsters; as Malignius Mortifer has confirmed, Necromancy =/= Summoning, so I'm confused as to why he's playing any part in this quest series. He's a very old NPC, so I suppose I'm just annoyed that he's been arbitrarily killed off. Him dying in some sort of Wizard's Tower quest (perhaps involving a second Sardominist/Zamorakian schism amongst the wizards) would have been much more interesting (IMO), and it would also have made sense. Oh well, it can't be taken back now. :mellow:

There were also some other issues in this quest, although they weren't as significant. For example, Sir Tiffy was referred to as the "leader" of the Temple Knights at one point, but I'm certain he was originally introduced as a kind of semi-retired recruiter in previous quests. So... what is he doing on the front-line commanding White Knights, and why is he suddenly the supposed "leader"? Also (and as others have already mentioned), why was it that we were forced to sacrifice either Korasi or Jessika, simply because Grayzag said we had to? I didn't have a problem with it, but the situation felt forced/unnatural. There was no real reason why I couldn't have simply attacked Grayzag and saved them both, so I ended up feeling rail-roaded at that stage of the quest (if you know what I mean). Some sort of justification as to why we had to choose one or the other would have been nice, but meh.

Anyway, while I've several complaints about the quest, I did enjoy it. I found the Void quests series to be entertaining (albeit a bit rushed), so I'm sorry to see it end.

It was fun while it lasted. :)

Wir sind durch Not und Freude

gegangen Hand in Hand;

vom Wandern ruhen wir

nun überm stillen Land.

Dont know if it was posted before but: (From kb)

Korasi's sword

Disrupt

In singleway combat, this attack will hit one opponent for anything between 50-150% of your max hit. In multiway combat, this attack hits three opponents once each, the damage caused halving with each subsequent hit.

ein_Falke.png

Call me crazy but i enjoyed the Conquest section. I'm terrible against other players at it.

Same here, I liked it a lot more then the PvP minigame version.

Sliske himself did not kill his Barrows toys, but it was the power he granted them that sealed their fate. Power is fleeting, and Sliske always gets what he wants out of deals; Id advise, should you ever meet him, not to make deals with him.

Interesting bit from the postbag.

Given the fact that the barrows brothers are fighting zamaork's army at the time when they are still alive in Morton. Although chances are they are doing it for saradomin. However for Sliske's sake, who was a zaro's follower and probably still is, the brothers are his enemy's enemy for which that is strategically improper to kill the brothers at that moment.

Azzandra could be correct about that... but on second thoughts, did we stike a deal with some strange being on some quest before?

For the new sword, as an improved leaf blade, I would speculate on dragonfire shield may rise a bit. Good sword nevertheless, I think I have a weapon for str training now.

No no no no -- do not KILL the Defilers, or the Void Queen will simply respawn more of them. Your way will only prolong the battle.

If you simply hit each of the Defilers, they will turn their attention on you, and then the Archers can get control over the healers. Once you have the healers in check you can take down the queen with no problem and in short order -- especially if you use a Spriti Kyatt and Ambush scrolls.

nyuseg.png

I killed Grayzag like 20 times doing imp-catcher back in the day...Whats to keep him from respawning now?

Anyways...

Personally, I killed the defilers. I'd rather just take the time for two extra hits each spawn rather than deal with their constant attrition. Unless you're relatively low level, picking one or the other likely won't make or break your run.

I enjoyed the Player vs. ai conquest game more because it didn't allow a three-champion scenario. XD

...suffer sounds like muffler!