06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a quick calc, and the elite void legs will save me about 2 ppots per 2 hours at frost dragons.

Meaning it'll take me 670 hours to save enough money off ppots to justify the 1 hour i spent getting 100 commendation points.

but at least it looks cool <3

Maybe void mage will be worth it now, due to the prayer bonus.

Last I checked ahrims was still more accurate, but that might be slightly offset by the void deflector now.

the extra magic attack bonuses on the SOL and arcane stream over fury/other staffs from my previous calculations may factor in as well.

I assume you'd already had a high prayer bonus with that calculation, but with rune bolt/rune crossbow/deflector void setup, there will be a bigger difference between 6 and 10 prayer bonus, or an MSB setup where you would have 13 prayer bonus instead of 5. With hand cannon, i agree, the effect isn't huge(20 vs. 12), but will certainly allow for longer trips.

On a related note, i really should get void mage helm and test the setup out at frosts.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I assume you'd already had a high prayer bonus with that calculation, but with rune bolt/rune crossbow/deflector void setup, there will be a bigger difference between 6 and 10 prayer bonus, or an MSB setup where you would have 13 prayer bonus instead of 5. With hand cannon, i agree, the effect isn't huge(20 vs. 12), but will certainly allow for longer trips.

On a related note, i really should get void mage helm and test the setup out at frosts.

yeah, soul wars cape kinda nukes the usefulness of any additional prayer bonus, thanks to rather steep diminishing returns on prayer bonus.

Naaxi.png

Does this mean that Godswords and Whip are beginning to show their age?

If this is what Korassi's Sword does, then I guess this marks a new chapter in Runescape weaponry.

What? I didn't understand anything you said.

Korasi's sword could be a decent spec weapon at best, but nothing more. Whip has been useless since dungeoneering, godswords either from their release(as DPS weapons) or since dclaws/EE.

For high level dgers its worthless but for other people its probably better than the SS meaning training strength just got that much easier, add in a great spec for multy and I see myself finishing terror dog task much faster. Not to mention other multy tasks, hellhounds ect..

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Any advice on the boss? i think im getting close but i wanna know what im up against before i go into battle unprepared

Protect the archers.

They will kill the healers (you can't attack them)

if the archers go down, the boss gets healed quicker, and slowly you'll fall back to square 1.

Naaxi.png

Any advice on the boss? i think im getting close but i wanna know what im up against before i go into battle unprepared

Protect the archers.

They will kill the healers (you can't attack them)

if the archers go down, the boss gets healed quicker, and slowly you'll fall back to square 1.

nvm watched a vid of the fight on yt but she dont look any tougher than nomad

Spikestr1ke.png

No if you die at the boss you get a grave at the portal

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

If this is what Korassi's Sword does, then I guess this marks a new chapter in Runescape weaponry.

Korasi's sword could be a decent spec weapon at best, but nothing more. Whip has been useless since dungeoneering, godswords either from their release(as DPS weapons) or since dclaws/EE.

For high level dgers its worthless but for other people its probably better than the SS meaning training strength just got that much easier, add in a great spec for multy and I see myself finishing terror dog task much faster. Not to mention other multy tasks, hellhounds ect..

It's the same as SS or worse, at best. The special alone will not be significant on a task. New chapter? it's barely another sentence. In case you haven't noticed yet, it's just slightly better than dragon scim, only plus being the claw-esque special attack.

Anyone else peeved that they gave us that sword, put 78 Attack/Strength requirements on it for the quest, and yet it still doesn't beat even the whip for training!? Come on... Also, this "elite" set still hasn't persuaded me to even attempt getting any Void armour. I'd love to see some stat re-dos after this update. <_<

well it hits around 700 in pvp, its mage based meaning a guy in full bandos is a goner if you use this on him

on slayer tasks it can hit about 850, nothing groundbreaking since it can only be used every 3 mins, and eee spec (elite enhanced excalibur) is still better for me, hitting mage based 850s is still realy fun

i wonder....for purpose of protection prayers, would this count as melee dmg still or would it possible count as mage dmg?

a_final_name.png

Part of my RS goals are to get sets of minigame stuff. All I need for all void now is the upgrades. I'm in HU, so I'll just play some PC whist reading or writing.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Anyone else peeved that they gave us that sword, put 78 Attack/Strength requirements on it for the quest, and yet it still doesn't beat even the whip for training!?

Beats a whip for stab. *shrug*

Bronze dagger beats whip for stab.

pic

probably turmed

Interesting- what ever number you hit(699 or 800), it appears as though you get the xp as though you'd just hit a 500(267 xp). Bug or..?

pic

probably turmed

Interesting- what ever number you hit(699 or 800), it appears as though you get the xp as though you'd just hit a 500(267 xp). Bug or..?

might be intentionally capped...

Also, anyone know how much it costs to replace the sword if you lose it?

(ps, just checked, itl protect over a cls in PvP.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

might be intentionally capped...

Also, anyone know how much it costs to replace the sword if you lose it?

(ps, just checked, itl protect over a cls in PvP.)

250k a sword, dirt cheap o.O

that's really cheap for such a good spec weapon...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The Zamorakian Spear and the Saradomin Sword aren't getting much reputation either. So it makes sense now to just get 80 Dungeoneering and get a Chaotic Rapier/Longsword, despite continuing costs to recharge them.

That was actually a fun quest. I accidentally died due to not having enough spec energy to stop the queen and was lower than 500 lp. I think the top that I got is a white, *it's grey with a white chest*. All in all, I enjoyed it fully and it was a good quest to end the Void series.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.