06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

Lol @ people expecting (or should I say wanting) korasi's sword to be the best weapon in game :roll: Jagex aren't going to give you an epic weapon for free lololol :P I personally love the look of the sword, useless or not, it has very good stats for a quest weapon and its special attack is pretty epic

The guardian void bottom looks quite 3rd-age druidic'ish, I like it. The only beef I have with the new void is that the teal colour on the upgraded void tops just don't match anything :(

The queen was annoying, but easier than nomad (phew) and the puzzles were fun through out the quest.

Like others have thought (and suggested) on the rs forums, it would have been a great opportunity to add another high level boss. With the giant pests n all, I think the ability to fight an abyssal queen afterwards with a high slayer level would have been awesome. Oh well XD

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished it. Got Void Guardian armour. I sound like a real wuss. I chose all the nice options. ^_^

And to the person who suggested that Korasi and Jessika were 'something more' a few pages back. I agree.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

So it's basically a weapon that is inferior to dclaws for specials and rapier for normal attacks?

it might not be inferior.

This spec would bypass phoenix necklace in PVP would it not?

and it might be magic based, which might be a plus.

Naaxi.png

So it's basically a weapon that is inferior to dclaws for specials and SS/ZS for normal attacks?

fixed.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Does this mean that Godswords and Whip are beginning to show their age?

If this is what Korassi's Sword does, then I guess this marks a new chapter in Runescape weaponry.

What? I didn't understand anything you said.

Korasi's sword could be a decent spec weapon at best, but nothing more. Whip has been useless since dungeoneering, godswords either from their release(as DPS weapons) or since dclaws/EE.

The Zamorakian Spear and the Saradomin Sword aren't getting much reputation either. So it makes sense now to just get 80 Dungeoneering and get a Chaotic Rapier/Longsword, despite continuing costs to recharge them.

Against bosses maybe, but i detest chaotic weapons as a slayer weapon. The 2mil every 10 hours is equal to 200k an hour. Now I can slay with piety on during every task for a similar cost and probably kill faster then with a chaotic weapon and no piety.

You need to make around 500k an hour for rapier to be worth it for slayer, assuming xp has no value. Thus, unless you are a complete noob, rapier is clearly a slayer weapon. Not to mention it's much more fun to slay with a rapier.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Hi

I must admit that I got pretty disappointed when I read the stats of the Korassi's Sword ! - I'm not going to level up my magic any time soon in order to do this quest.

It looks, to me at least, like Jagex once again has given us yet another quest reward from their trusted supplier mr. Ben Dover !

just my 2c

How do you get the sword back? I had to tele out because i ran out of spec and there's no one outside the portal anymore. I'm checking the void outpost now but no luck.

It looks, to me at least, like Jagex once again has given us yet another quest reward from their trusted supplier mr. Ben Dover !

Check out pics of the spec that are on page 4 :thumbup:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Hi

I have read as well as done a comparison of the sword vs. my trusted Dragon Longsword at the Rune Wiki site and I must say that I'm not impressed with the stats.

its not a stats weapon, its a SPEC weapon.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Hi

I have read as well as done a comparison of the sword vs. my trusted Dragon Longsword at the Rune Wiki site and I must say that I'm not impressed with the stats.

Did you notice that it's faster than the d long? Cuz that's kind of a big deal.

Beat it on my second try. If you do die or tele and lose the sword before you finish the quest you can get a new one for free in the queens portal room by talkiing to whoever you chose to save. Its safe in front of the portal so you don't need to worry until you get near the queen again.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Does this mean that Godswords and Whip are beginning to show their age?

If this is what Korassi's Sword does, then I guess this marks a new chapter in Runescape weaponry.

What? I didn't understand anything you said.

Korasi's sword could be a decent spec weapon at best, but nothing more. Whip has been useless since dungeoneering, godswords either from their release(as DPS weapons) or since dclaws/EE.

For high level dgers its worthless but for other people its probably better than the SS meaning training strength just got that much easier, add in a great spec for multy and I see myself finishing terror dog task much faster. Not to mention other multy tasks, hellhounds ect..

It's the same as SS or worse, at best. The special alone will not be significant on a task. New chapter? it's barely another sentence. In case you haven't noticed yet, it's just slightly better than dragon scim, only plus being the claw-esque special attack.

It costs quite a bit less than the ss as well as being one handed with a better spec that is mage based. Just for the mage attack accuracy it has a place in my inventory.

On a opposite note I believe that you can hit more with claws in kura's anyway, but 250k<30m so i'm a happy camper. The prayer increase on the robes is also nice for rangers who want to have their accumulator and a nice prayer bonus :)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

@People posting those 700s and 800s.

Someone said it has a chain effect on nearby enemies? So, if you hit an 800 on someone, would you then hit a nearby monster for 400 and another one for 200?

If so, using it in a crowded multi combat area might speed up slayer if you can do massive damage to monsters you are not even fighting.

pere_grin.png

And no spec weapon is ever better than dragon claws or EEE.

Not true:

SGS > D claws for pvp fights without food

(?) This sword > D claws if you don't want to risk claws

DScim > D claws for certain pvp scenarios

DDS > D claws for supreme

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

And no spec weapon is ever better than dragon claws or EEE.

Not true:

SGS > D claws for pvp fights without food

EEE>SGS

(?) This sword > D claws if you don't want to risk claws

Well I guess in non +1 worlds, I would still use a granite mace for a spec weapon

DScim > D claws for certain pvp scenarios

Yes, but that's only like clan wars

DDS > D claws for supreme

EEE>both, dclaws is still better than dds

Has anyone else noticed that Jagex tends to give certain characters a personality that's really kinda detailed, then just have them 'killed' in a GM quest? I mean, really? I kinda liked Kurasi, Hazelmere, and even Nomad. (Granted, the "go die in a hole" bit from Nomad was a bit offsetting, but still....) <_<

a70c7.png

Has anyone else noticed that Jagex tends to give certain characters a personality that's really kinda detailed, then just have them 'killed' in a GM quest? I mean, really? I kinda liked Kurasi, Hazelmere, and even Nomad. (Granted, the "go die in a hole" bit from Nomad was a bit offsetting, but still....) <_<

Dieing makes for a good plot device (Kind of). A good story will have us get emotionally attached to the characters, and as such, having them "removed" from the story in one way or another is the last thing we want. It must have been a tough decision for Mod Nancy, Mod Moltare and Mod Rathe to choose this path, as the creators of a character are the most attached of all.

And as an aside:

Nomad didn't die; he got back up and teleported away after you leave with Zimberfizz

I killed Jessika.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Finally got the few smithing levels I needed and beat the quest.

First: I found this a fun quest. I really enjoyed the conquest-battle and the boss fight.

Second: I didn't really find it up to GM par. I got down to 20 points on the ambush, but that was mainly because A: I had no combat supplies and B: cls missed like 25 times in a row. *shrugs*

Third: I got the Justicar robes. Probably would've gotten guard if I'd saved the pest and/or handed the mage off to the white knights, but I think i'm sticking with this set. *shrug*

Fourth: Void robes with a pray bonus: THANK GOD! I always thought those things should have a prayer bonus. They have guthix's symbol on them for crying out loud. I'd also wanted them to have a prayer bonus logic aside. :)

Fifth: I still thought that was pretty mean of Jagex to make us pick who lived. I picked Kosari. :/

Six: I love how jagex created an island's worth of characters only to kill off all but three/four of them within three months and three quests. XD

Seventh: Regarding that sword...Do I have have terrible luck? My best hit was 550ish. It took about 18 hits to hit anything about 300. That said, I never missed with it. :/

Eh, don't remind me, still feeling bad about Cyrisus, who after getting back in shape from the brink of death and destroying his massive, no prayer fighting demons, goes on to become a great adventurer, and then gets killed in about a span of ten seconds the second time you see him.

How are we supposed to build any meaningful friendships with NPCs if all the cool ones die?

(WOM doesn't count because he's a big jerk)

8f14270694.jpg