06-Oct-2010 - The Void Stares Back

Xecer

And what do you have against free teleports? Oo

Back in the old days we actually had to walk to the location we were needed at. Everyone is in such a hurry these days and nobody has time to take a nice walk from Ice Mountain to Taverley Dungeon while smelling the fresh, clean Catherby wind blowing through Taverley....

Im starting to sound like my grandpa...

Yeah nobody wants to do that. Or if they do, nobody's stopping them. Knock yourself out.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the old days we actually had to walk to the location we were needed at. Everyone is in such a hurry these days and nobody has time to take a nice walk from Ice Mountain to Taverley Dungeon while smelling the fresh, clean Catherby wind blowing through Taverley....

Yeah nobody wants to do that. Or if they do, nobody's stopping them. Knock yourself out.

When P2P first came out, I had to muster all of my courage to walk through white wolf mountain. I was always so afraid that I would die. When I finally got across, I'd stay on that side of the mountain for weeks because I knew that if I went back, I'd regret it and have to make the trek again.

Those were the good ol' days.

EDIT: Whenever I have a clue on white wolf mountain, I kill the big wolf out of spite.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ah yes, back in the days when they didn't have the resources to make a legitimately long quest, so they put in fluff like "walk to the middle of nowhere" and "gather this seemingly random pile of items."

I do not miss those days. I used to HATE questing because it always meant running back and forth for an hour.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I enjoyed the quest, even though it was lacking a bit in some parts. But I have a few thoughts about it:

If Valluta is one of the guardians of Guthix (Other than Juna), I wonder how many more there are and if we meet more of them.

Elite Void- Would swapping Elite void top/bottom with the regular Void top/bottom lose the set ability or not? Or have I not looked hard enough. :wall:

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

I enjoyed the quest, even though it was lacking a bit in some parts. But I have a few thoughts about it:

If Valluta is one of the guardians of Guthix (Other than Juna), I wonder how many more there are and if we meet more of them.

Elite Void- Would swapping Elite void top/bottom with the regular Void top/bottom lose the set ability or not? Or have I not looked hard enough. :wall:

There's the Valluta, Juna, and the guardian of FOG whose name I can't remember.

dgs5.jpg

Fiara, and the RS Wiki states the Balance Elemental is one too. I'd go for that.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Fiara, and the RS Wiki states the Balance Elemental is one too. I'd go for that.

Oh yeah, forgot about that dude.

dgs5.jpg

I don't know which kind of quest I truly prefer, the "old" ones where 20+ items were required and you had to make several bank trips to do so or the "newer" quests which give you all the items required during the quest itself.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

People actually miss quests which made you bring items to random NPCs created specifically for that quest and then never interacted with again?

Three words:

One

Small

Favor

Tact.gif

People actually miss quests which made you bring items to random NPCs created specifically for that quest and then never interacted with again?

Three words:

One

Small

Favor

That was the most annoying quest ever, although the 20k exp lamp was pretty helpful. :thumbsup:

Staurolite.png

Three words:

One

Small

Favor

One Small Favour was a troll-fest. :thumbsup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Three words:

One

Small

Favor

wow, one small favor. Ugh, Worst quest ever in my opinion. I hated it.

pere_grin.png

Three words:

One

Small

Favor

Agreed, wonderful RC boost as a low level though.

This quest reward sounds epic, I've never been big into void so don't care about no quest.

need moar elf city.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm still fixated on Korasi's Sword's special attack.

It seems like it has the ability to drastically change Dharok prices, lol.

It "always" hits, is magic based, and can certainly take out someone in Dharoks, since they're probably less than 600lp.

... So either people lose their Dharok's a lot and the prices go up, or people quit using it because someone with the sword will take them out with one hit...

2dgucz6.png

I'm still fixated on Korasi's Sword's special attack.

It seems like it has the ability to drastically change Dharok prices, lol.

It "always" hits, is magic based, and can certainly take out someone in Dharoks, since they're probably less than 600lp.

... So either people lose their Dharok's a lot and the prices go up, or people quit using it because someone with the sword will take them out with one hit...

Hahaha, awesome point. This sword is a sure-fire Dharok-killer.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I also just realized that the special attack is one of the first examples of their animations that cover multiple squares! :thumbsup:

Oh wow, you might be right. :o

The after-spark does cover a lot of squares.

RS wiki says that if you lose the elite void you can get it back by buying the regular piece and asking Tyr for the upgraded version for free.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

RS wiki says that if you lose the elite void you can get it back by buying the regular piece and asking Tyr for the upgraded version for free.

Somehow, I'd highly doubt that, as you have to upgrade each part to elite voids, if you talk to him. I'd honestly like to see proof before I start believing piece of info...

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

woot, let the black knights torture him

the fight was weak, took 1 ovl dose and 3 brews

they key to speeding it up is to outdamage the healers, heres some tips on how to

the sword spec is guaruntee 450 dmg, use it as much as possible since its only 15% spec, that menas ull be using it even if she isnt doing her spec, ull do it when she specs, and between her specs fror more dmg

a charged helmet effect works based on how many monsters are attacking you, between the queen and defilers youll have 3 on you which is decent, meaning ur helm will be scrolling plenty, mix helmet scrolls which dont drain spec bar, then use your own scrolls to fill the gaps, and your iron titan will be constantly speccing. in my queen fight my iron titan gained me 3668 def xp, meaning it did over 9000 dmg

"this is an endurance fight, dont bother with piety and things like that" no, turmoil and ovl and you can beat the healers, from my experience they healed about 250 hp per lap, thats 1k dmg per lap, laps took about 10 seconds for a healer, this means if u can beat 100 dps ull beat the healers, this is only 240 dmg per combat turn, which is managable between specs, titan, and you maxing about 450 nonspec = about 85 dps if u hit

basicly if ur not patient just go wreck this weak piece of crap, then go solo corp with ur leftovers if ur bored

a_final_name.png

Today, i just ran some quick tests of whether or not Korasi's sword's spec ever misses, and the last (and imo, most exemplary) test was vidded, and well...here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2YtYpU8itA

(sorry for the giant watermark, it is easier to see through them if you play it on youtube with a larger viewing area)

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

can someone post a pic of what the elite void looks like? both top and bottom.

Check the wiki they have pictures of guardian.

They have a pretty full article on this now, I always check the wiki first when a new update comes out.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Three words:

One

Small

Favor

Well it does have some funny dialoque.