Korasi: Cheap alternative to ZS -AND- SS?

Kashi

I was just wondering if anyone have made this comparison before.

As this picture clearly shows, Korasi's Sword with a rune defender is

actually a fairly viable substitute for either a Saradomin Sword OR

a Zamorak Spear!

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/586/korasi.png

Korasi's with Rune Defender has the same strength bonus as a

Zamorak Spear, with only SLIGHTLY less stab accuracy.

In addition, Korasi's Sword actually has a HIGHER slash accuracy

than a Saradomin sword, with only SLIGHTLY less strength bonus.

Since this 250k weapon can also train with all three combat styles,

(ATK, STR & DEF), it clearly makes a decent alternative for ...

#1: Zamorak Spear at Iron/Steel Dragons (w/ Super Antifire)

#2: Strength Training with Saradomin Sword

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL PROS:

Korasi Sword special is good enough that you don't need a special

weapon, whereas SS and ZS specials SUCK!

Rune Defender offers a few extra defense bonuses.

Korasi's sword is 250k, while ZS and SS are 5-8M each

ADDITIONAL CONS:

Korasi lacks the +2 Prayer Bonus of ZS or SS.

Korasi isn't effective against monsters with crush weakness.

So what do you think?

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I agree, though I'd call it more an upgraded d scim/leaf blade sword rather than a ZS/SS replacement. It's a good cheap weapon that's pretty good if you can't afford the best.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I think the quest requirements for it assume you are a decent enough player not to care about the small cost(and it is ridiculously small nowadays). In any case, the requirements for CR are on the same level as for KS, and CR is ridiculously much better than KS. Also, claws are still better than KS for spec(and don't cost too much either, nowadays).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think the quest requirements for it assume you are a decent enough player not to care about the small cost(and it is ridiculously small nowadays). In any case, the requirements for CR are on the same level as for KS, and CR is ridiculously much better than KS. Also, claws are still better than KS for spec(and don't cost too much either, nowadays).

KS spec is better for 1v1 safe pvp.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Considering that many people buy the ZS as a good stab/crush weap the KS wouldn't be a total replacement, but yes for general training and against monsters with significant stab weaknesses the KS would be a viable substitute.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

KS spec is better for 1v1 safe pvp.

Irrelevant. Dragon Claws are much better in most situations, because they have the ability to special attack twice in a row.

It's interesting to note that with a Deflector and Barrow Gloves in void, SS and Korasi setups have the same str/att bonuses.

I think one of the main uses would be a cheap substitute for the zs at corp.

:wall:

I was just under the impression that with decent stab + defender ~ zammy spear stab that it would be an ok option at corp. And like already said, the spec may help as well.

At best, it's half as good. if you can't afford ZS, you shouldn't be corping anyway. Corp is in multy combat= fail spec(compared to normal spec).

I was merely pointing out that Korasi's is NEARLY as good as ZS for stab attacks,

and NEARLY as good as SS for slash attacks. I also mentioned that Korasi's doesn't

have a good crush option, so for monsters weak to crush it wouldn't be as effective.

As far as Corp Beast, I think it really would be a viable option since it's equally as strong

as ZS without only 7 less stab bonus. SOME might say the extra defense

bonuses from Rune Def actually compensate for the minor decrease in accuracy.

And, although ZS spec can be useful for pushing Dark Orbs around, Korasi's can hit

400 even in multi... basically sacrificing 60% of your special bar for a guaranteed

decent hit. That's not to mention the fact that Korasi's has a 100% hit rate, guaranteeing

no 0's with the spec.

It's also MORE accurate than a SS (slash) with only a minor decrease in STR bonus.

Again, you might even say that the defense bonus outweighs this minor decrease.

AND, all comparisons to Dragon Claws are irrelevant, as I wasn't touting Korasi's as a

Claws replacement ... Claws are and will remain the best special attack weapon for

almost anything. HOWEVER, Korasi's spec is inarguably better than either

ZS or SS specs. Therefore, if you are bringing a single weapon with no spec weapon,

Korasi's is about equally as useful as a ZS or SS.

Korasi's is not just an "okay" cheap weapon. It is 90% as good as both a ZS

or a SS and in some ways it is even better.

EDIT: This is also assuming you don't have 80 Dungeoneering, since obviously

if you did you would never need anything but CR or CLS again. 80 Dung is not the

easiest goal to accomplish ...

idiotacyoa5.png

As far as Corp Beast, I think it really would be a viable option since it's equally as strong

as ZS without only 7 less stab bonus. SOME might say the extra defense

bonuses from Rune Def actually compensate for the minor decrease in accuracy.

And, although ZS spec can be useful for pushing Dark Orbs around, Korasi's can hit

400 even in multi... basically sacrificing 60% of your special bar for a guaranteed

decent hit. That's not to mention the fact that Korasi's has a 100% hit rate, guaranteeing

no 0's with the spec.

Judging by your post, I'm guessing you didn't know already, but any item that is not a spear or hally gets 50% damage reduction on corp, regardless of a stab option.

As for everything else though, you are correct that it is a very good substitute, if not better, for any stab weapon (aside from chaotic)

The fact is that this weapon easily outclasses both LBS and D.Scim, both weapons

that people still frequently use. But Korasi's actually goes further than that, to being

within a hair as good as ZS and SS, even surpassing them in some ways.

In single combat, Korasi's spec is even 80% as useful as a Dragon Claws spec. I hit

frequent 500+ with Korasi's spec and it only takes 10% more special energy than

a Dragon Claws spec ... if you are using this weapon for training, you could be using

Recover Special and then you CAN spec twice in a row. Dragon Claws will only

do an extra 100 DMG per spec on average ... so while Korasi's spec isn't as good for

multi-combat, it's NEARLY as good as Claws in single combat.

Just another comparison showing that Korasi's is not just a "decent, cheap weapon."

This is proven by the fact that the only thing you can effectively compare it to are

the best weapons in the game.

Finally, although all the people in this thread are apparently RuneScape royalty, my

bankroll only adds up to about 60m. The fact that one weapon costing 200k can

do 90% of the things that ZS, SS and D Claws can do, I'd rather not have 75% of my

total GP tied up in expensive toys.

idiotacyoa5.png

Judging by your post, I'm guessing you didn't know already, but any item that is not a spear or hally gets 50% damage reduction on corp, regardless of a stab option.

As for everything else though, you are correct that it is a very good substitute, if not better, for any stab weapon (aside from chaotic)

Actually I didn't know that, which puts that in a different light ...

But thank you for agreeing with my other points. :P

EDIT: I just hit a 650 and a 720 with Korasi's spec ... scratch it not being as good as D Claws. :P

Obviously it's not for bosses, but for slayer I think it passes the test.

idiotacyoa5.png

You seem to completely ignore the requirements for KS- for most everyone, getting the KS actually costs more than ZS or SS, so in that respect, it's rubbish(apart from the spec, which can be useful). Right now, you are valuing your time at nothing.

You seem to completely ignore the requirements for KS- for most everyone, getting the KS actually costs more than ZS or SS, so in that respect, it's rubbish(apart from the spec, which can be useful). Right now, you are valuing your time at nothing.

I almost have the reqs for the quest, and I already have the logs banked, and yet, I don't have a ZS.

I think it is a good cheap substitute. And xpx, it's a SUBSTITUTE, no one's saying it's better.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Seriously? Just how many sara brews did it take you to kill the Pest Queen? :blink:

Seriously? Just how many sara brews did it take you to kill the Pest Queen? :blink:

How many bucks did you pay your Mexican neighbors to complete the quests for you?(read: time is money)

I understand that it's a substitute, but realistically, neither of those weapons cost particularly much, and if you are able to get it(and can bother to, which, i haven't) you shouldn't need it as a primary weapon(as it's still not better than SS/ZS). Not to mention, you are going to need one of those for waterfiends anyway.

How many bucks did you pay your Mexican neighbors to complete the quests for you?(read: time is money)

The time-cost of doing a quest is a fixed cost. It's going to take that much time no matter what, so you don't need to consider it.

The point of this thread isn't what's better to do, buy a ZS/SS or KS. It's a substitute. Obviously if you can afford it, you wouldn't need a substitute, would you? For those who don't feel like buying a ZS/SS, and have the reqs, they can opt for a KS...

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

the KS really only seems useful if you don't have Super Anti-fires as a weapon for dragons.

This.

Though, looking at the average damage per spec, ks hits higher than claws. However the max hit is lower, it only works in single combat, it uses more special, and claws hit higher in kuradal's dungeon. Korasi's is comparable to ss at armoured zombies.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The time-cost of doing a quest is a fixed cost. It's going to take that much time no matter what, so you don't need to consider it.

Which would be relevant if everyone in runescape had the required levels and completed all the quests. Until that time, however, you can't ignore that, exceptionally important, factor.