What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

Demonic by Ann Coulter.

It's funny.

That actually got me interested and i decided to read a few pages. Seems it's hating on the Democrat Party in America :P I didn't really read more than 8 pages of it and decided to go back to my regular reading. Seemed interesting though :)

I'm currently reading The overflowing brain by Torkel Klinberg. It gets a bit too technical in some places but i am finding it a pretty good read so far.

Final1.jpg

Just finished The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid.

Best book I've read in a long while; short, concise, innovative, and perhaps the best ending of any book ever (don't read it if you don't like ambiguity).

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Demonic by Ann Coulter.

It's funny.

That actually got me interested and i decided to read a few pages. Seems it's hating on the Democrat Party in America :P I didn't really read more than 8 pages of it and decided to go back to my regular reading. Seemed interesting though :)

Yeah, Ann Coulter doesn't like liberals. She does a lot of research though. Even though much of the book has a lot of left bashing, it does present some interesting French Revolution vs. American Revolution history lessons. If you can get that far or just read that part, you'll be a better person for knowing it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to finish A Game of Thrones :( I am a failure. I just can't seem to get through it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm thinking of picking up a couple Hemingway novels, any suggestions? I've never read his work before and feel it's something I need to do.

I've only ever read that one about the old man and the sea. Personally, I really didn't like it. On the back of that, I'd advise you to not to read Hemingway. But you never know, his other books might all be far better.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Currently browsing through a book called Whodunits: More Than 100 Mysteries For You To Solve, where you're delegated a scenario of your chosen difficulty, and you're to answer question at the end such as "who committed the crime?", or "what gave him away?". It's actually quite fun!

chayyliel.png

I'm thinking of picking up a couple Hemingway novels, any suggestions? I've never read his work before and feel it's something I need to do.

For Whom the Bell Tolls or the Sun Also Rises.

I'm reading Freedom Summer.

Currently browsing through a book called Whodunits: More Than 100 Mysteries For You To Solve, where you're delegated a scenario of your chosen difficulty, and you're to answer question at the end such as "who committed the crime?", or "what gave him away?". It's actually quite fun!

I love those things. We used to have a book of those, maybe even that one.

I just finished StarCraft: I Mensk, which was alright. Next up is Do Animals Think? which I bought in October. It looks like an interesting read.

Just finished reading Elantris then just re-started Malazan Book of the Fallen 1, lost my bookmark so now I'm re-reading everything. Pretty good so far.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• 3 weeks later...

Brave New World - An okay novel, not really sure of what the purpose is though. Just seems to move a long without actually going in a visible direction.

After that I've got Fahrenhiet 451 and The Road to read.

I was looking for a thread like this. I'm reading the 4th Harry Potter book.

Before that, though, I had been very absorbed in the book Xenocide - Orson Scott Card. It's the third book of the series beginning with Ender's Game, which I believe is considered a classic. I loved that book. Been thinking about stopping Xenocide and going back to read it (after Harry Potter, of course).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I know this is quite late, but The Sun Also Rises is his defining work in my opinion. It's beautiful.

I'm just about done with On the Road by Kerouac. It's good, but doesn't seem to have the profoundness I thought it would.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I know this is quite late, but The Sun Also Rises is his defining work in my opinion. It's beautiful.

I'm just about done with On the Road by Kerouac. It's good, but doesn't seem to have the profoundness I thought it would.

The Sun Also Rises is the Hemingway novel I decided to pick up. I love it so far, been a bit busy moving though, so I haven't had time to finish it yet.

tFtfA.jpg

Wheater's Functional Histology - such good fun :/ that I'll get back to now...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

The Sun Also Rises is the Hemingway novel I decided to pick up. I love it so far, been a bit busy moving though, so I haven't had time to finish it yet.

Ah, good to hear you like it! I love Hemingway's style: simple and bold. The few cues and details he provides are enough to let the reader's mind go exactly where Hemingway intended it to go while reading.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Justtt finished reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (Eragon etc series) for the second (third?) time. What an amazing book :o Can't wait for the 4th book, and I've got a couple of theories as to some things that will happen too.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I've read up to Eldest twice now, and I've stopped both times because I couldn't get my hands on a copy of Brisingr (no copies available at the library). Pretty annoying.

Finished book 4 of the Harry Potter series. Was pretty darn good. Moving onto the 5th.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I finally finished A Game of Thrones on Thursday so I'm onto A Clash of Kings. I'm already over 300 pages in so I'm making much better progress XD

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog