What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

Finally getting around to reading the Da Vinci Code. Read the beginning so far. Trying to see what all this fuss was about first hand. :P

The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and The Lost Symbol are all epic, imo :P Let us know how you like it.

I'll be sure to. Starting it slowly so far. :)

Also Digital Fortress is a great read especially if you're more into technology.

Come to think of it, every book by Dan Brown is an exciting thriller. :P

I'm officially done with my Harry Potter marathon! :P I might finally get around to reading the third book in The Tapestry series now.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm reading a lot of history stuff lately, though I've got to get through the Dresden Files series before the new one comes out in April, and I still have a ton of books to read before that.

Currently reading Replay by Tristan Donovan. It's a very, very well done history of video games that shows the guys behind the games, and not the just the console or game. It really paints an excellent picture of how it started, and it is just so damn fun to read.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Starting Harry Potter book 5. It'll be fun because there is a Harry Potter class going on during January. There will be witches and wizards running around campus in the next weeks. This should be good. (no, I'm not joking. Last time, they created their own houses, created their own version of quidditch and had their own quidditch world cup in the gym.)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I read a lot but I keep discovering excellent authors and books that I'd never noticed until someone recommended them to me. Recently, I have read 'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger. Pop-splat, by South African author Ian Martin. It is one of the few books I've ever read that really made me think and completely changed my view of society and how the world operates.

I read a lot but I keep discovering excellent authors and books that I'd never noticed until someone recommended them to me. Recently, I have read 'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger. Pop-splat, by South African author Ian Martin. It is one of the few books I've ever read that really made me think and completely changed my view of society and how the world operates.

How was The Time Traveler's Wife? I've seen the movie but haven't read the book.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Re-read Watership Down by Richard Adams. Amazing story of a group of rabbits that flee from their endangered warren to a new home, with danger lurking at every turn, lead by a rabbit whose foreshadowing helps to begin the story, and his brother to support him. The movie cuts a lot of important parts, particularly the folk stories that help the readers understand why are rabbits the way they are in terms of behavior and appearance, as well as the little challenges they faced, so I highly recommend reading the book if you haven't already. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Read Kafka's The Metamorphosis. It was pretty good. Very short, though, which is sort of good in the context of The Brothers Karamazov, but I still feel like I need something fast-paced to read. I'm thinking about going down to Barnes & Noble to buy the last three novels in the Hannibal series by Thomas Harris, or maybe some Stephen King.

Mattimeo by Brian Jacques. Its in the Redwall Series. I'm half done with it, yay nostalgia.

I've read over half of the redwall books and they are all amazing. Also, right now I am reading The Fire Eternal by Chris D'Lacey

Recently finished reading Blood, Sweat and Tea & More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.

If you've got a kindle then I highly suggest you download these two. The first is free to get on kindle and the sequel only cost me £2. It's about the day to day life of an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) in the London Ambulance Service. It's basically a blog that's been turned into a book. I have to say, it was very gripping and I ended up reading three quarters of the first one in a day! I couldn't put it down. There's some really funny stories and some really heartbreaking ones. It often shows the lunacy of the Government and the daily crap that ambulance men have to deal with. I really loved them, shame there's not any more out yet! (Though he's still writing the blog).

Right now I just started Tony Blair's memoir, A Journey. I only really became politically aware around the time that Tony Blair was leaving office so this is quite an interesting look at recent history and stuff that was going on while I was a kid, too young to care.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Recently finished reading Blood, Sweat and Tea & More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.

Please tell me that this is the title of one book.

No, it's two books.

Blood, Sweat and Tea and the sequel More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.

The first one doesn't seem to be free any more, shame :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Jane Eyre, Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex, and Gaming Geeks and Fantasy Freaks (Ethan Gilsdorf)

The geek book is pretty interesting, Artemis Fowl is good so far, and Jane Eyre isn't that great...

Broke - by Glen Beck. I'm not too Political of a person, but the book has a very easy to read format, and explains things in a manner very easy to understand. He blasts everyone in the US Government for screwing up the USA. Its very insightful...and scary at the same time.

I highly recommend it.

About 2/3 of the way through Against All Things Ending, by Stephen Donaldson, and Jesus Christ it's intense. It's definitely my favourite book of the Last Chronicles, but the Last Chronicles is probably behind The First Chronicles, but before the Second in terms of quality/enjoyability. Aaaand it's definitely the best fantasy series I've ever read. Pity the final book comes out in like 2013. >_> If the ending of this book is a cliffhanger I think I may just eat my own hat.

Also have a Gaunt's Ghost omnibus to read (it's Warhammer 40k stuff), it's the second one, couldn't get my hands on the first, but apparently they're pretty self-contained so I won't be too left out in terms of events. Aaaaand, finally there's the first book of the Wheel of Time series, The Eye of the World. And after that I'm looking to start reading the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Too much reading. ._.'

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Just started The Gift by James Patterson but read the first four books of The House of Night series before then.

The Gift is okay so far and so was Witch and Wizard. I highly recommend the House of Night series though. It's vampyres, but they're the discomforted-by-the-light, blood-sucking, and somewhat-delusional-about-their-powers-at-times type.

Adalear.png

Valuable Drops: Dragon Boots, Torag's Legs, Karil's Skirt

Almost half done with Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson after a week of reading it. It's long. But I'm also sick and have no want to read absolutely anything at the moment. Great book though, the whole Malazan series is still my favorite fantasy stuff.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Just under half way through Ben Collins' autobiography. It's amazing the level of detail he's got in it, so far back into his life. It's a pretty good read, first book after a few months of not reading much. Can't wait for the last book of the Inheritance cycle.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• 2 weeks later...

Ive never been a huge reader, but I am starting to read books about music. The book I'm reading now is No Such Thing As Silence; John Cage's 4'33''. By Kyle Gann

This book really challenges what is music for a person. John Cage's 4'33'', is silent. Most people would say that this is not music. However, John wanted the sounds of the building in which the people were sitting in, the sounds of the people, and the sounds of the surrounding area to become the music. This makes every performance of 4'33'' unique, since each piece is different. Very fun conversation to have with others about.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]