Improving Self-Grown Spirit Trees

Sinkhan

Anyone else think they're nearly useless in their current state? Brimhaven has been made almost completely obsolete with chipped home teletabs, port sarim is easily accessible by lummy ring 3 and a better access point is either the GE or MA anyway.

The miscellenia tree is probably the best option as it makes bush runs to that spot that much easier, but in the end it can be replaced with a lyre + boat travel + relleka boot jump, or fairy ring teleport. Bushes give paltry xp once every 3 or so hours anyway.

I know it's relatively outdated content and not everything should always have a use, but for a level 83 farm requirement and a non-tradeable semi-rare seed, I'd like a few more uses for the tree.

So does anyone have any ideas or comments on spirit trees? Are they fine as they are? Could there be new useful locations? Maybe having more than one at the same time? Other functions?

Actually; I use the spirit tree in Port sarim when I've just cabbage-ported there...

From there I can go to GE and gnome stronghold for the balloon ride... Network after network can be accessed liek that and I get all over the world without ever having to use a comsumable or rechargable teleport...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Actually; I use the spirit tree in Port sarim when I've just cabbage-ported there...

From there I can go to GE and gnome stronghold for the balloon ride... Network after network can be accessed liek that and I get all over the world without ever having to use a comsumable or rechargable teleport...

I do that too, but in the end there are often better substitutes for with direct teleports which take less time.

I find the one at Miscellania very useful. I am often at the Grand Exchange and it is extremely convenient to hop up there and boost my favor. The other methods listed take much longer. There could be some more locations I guess, but RS is already pretty well connected.

2496 Completionist

Miscellenia teleport scrolls are a much faster method of getting to your kingdom. I would like to see a few new spirit tree farming areas.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I agree with being allowed to plant more spirit trees. Could also make a second one available at level 91 (absolute, no boosts) and the last one at 99. I practically never use the one I have planted.

Prifddinas might be a nice place to have a Spirit Tree when it opens, though a farming patch would look silly there.

Or maybe self-grown spirit trees can have a 50% chance every day of giving you a seed nest? ;p

sweepsig.png

Not useless.

But not as uselful as they were when they were released before fairy rings, explorer rings, etc..

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Mine is on brimhaven.

I had it there to speed up fruit tree runs. I use M.A. as my main spirit tree hub because it's easy to tele to and there is a bank.

4e0Vn.png

That's so much slower than MA...

That's so much slower than MA...

hey but you save 350 gp, and it only takes 1 extra minute!

All Spirit Tree patches, except perhaps Etceteria for frequent DKS hunters, are more or less useless.

Two things:

-Add better locations

-Add the ability to have multiple trees grown.

Oh and that right-click thing sounds nice as well.

For locations, some place like the Elf Camp, Nature Spirit Grotto, LUNAR ISLE, or the Feldip Hills area would be good. Come to think of it, a Lunar Isle tree sounds divine.

But those are such awkward places for a spirit tree...

In regards to the right-click option, I thought so too, but I was recently informed that they already fixed it, it's just that the right-click option is way at the bottom underneath "Examine."

I know, right? What the hell?

In regards to the right-click option, I thought so too, but I was recently informed that they already fixed it, it's just that the right-click option is way at the bottom underneath "Examine."

I know, right? What the hell?

Yep. Exactly my reaction. Thanks for the knowledge though.

+1 tree per 5 levels above 83, so up to 4 trees at 98 farming. That at least makes it semi-useful as an extremely slow farm run.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted