What is your favorite Internet browser?

Naraku893

Top Internet browsers  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Internet browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Opera
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Other (Specify below)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safari on Mac, Chrome on Windows. Of the two I like Safari more, but I use Chrome on my Windows as it seems faster.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

:oops: Them techies gonna flame.

I like IE, alright?

Its okay. I refused to enter the Firefox bandwagon for years. IE's good for some, not good for others.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I use firefox. I would switch to chrome if it had an ad blocker, which last time I checked, it didn't. It may have now it now but I'm far too comfortable with firefox.

It has one, but it only hides the ads, I don't think it actually blocks them.

That's actually good for legitimate websites, because you wouldn't get banned from those sites that require you to see those ads

I've been using ad-blockers for years, I don' get banned. :3

I like IE, alright?

Its okay. I refused to enter the Firefox bandwagon for years. IE's good for some, not good for others.

And by others, you mean everyone? [/Hating on IE]

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Since I've gotten my new pc, I've only used IE. I'm too lazy to download Firefox again, although I liked being able to customize it, and I recall it as being faster than IE, not counting the long start time... I've used Chrome, and it's ok. Took a little time to get used to though.

In the end, the internet is the internet.

I like IE, alright?

I was the same way, but wanted to use a different browser that didnt lock up for me as much

I use firefox. I have my own skin, have a few downloaded addons, and it's pretty fast to browse. My only complaint would be the bug in the version I have, where the longer I leave firefox running, the more memory it starts to use up. When I first log on, it uses about 40k memory according to the task manager, but over time it will slowly increase and after an hour or two, caps at using up 100k memory, which then slows down the speed of browsing.

95% of my browsing is in Firefox: yes Chrome feels fast (I read, but have since forgotten the source, that it is only slightly faster: it's the way that it loads the page that gives it that blazing-fast feel), but it simply lacks the extensibility and customization possible with 'Fox, as well as the fact that it's from Google. You're using a closed browser when a superior open-source alternative exists...

I do find though, that Chrome loads faster than Firefox on Ubuntu 10.10, so there is a place for it on my laptop.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I use Chrome for the clever UI and speed. It really surprises me how much of a waste it is for programs to not use the top window bar for tabs or dynamic information. Plenty of programs use them in their own bars below the window bar, I think Microsoft would do well to put in a feature like that in Windows as standard for programs to take advantage of, much like Jump Lists. Then again, they probably won't because it will send out the message that Chrome was 'right' about something and therefore IE was 'wrong'...

I use firefox. I would switch to chrome if it had an ad blocker, which last time I checked, it didn't. It may have now it now but I'm far too comfortable with firefox.

It has one, but it only hides the ads, I don't think it actually blocks them.

It definitely blocks them. When Extensions first came out, ad blockers couldn't stop them from loading, but changes to the browser a couple of months later made it possible, Firefox style.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's actually had a decent ad blocker for a while now. Here's the link to it in Chrome Extensions.

If you do switch, then I'd also recommend the excellent Speed Dial (which is actually now better than Opera's [speed dial inventors]) and Chrome Gestures (right-click gestures for faster navigation). Those two extensions in particular give Chrome functions that I desperately missed after moving from Opera 10.10.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Adblock for chrome doesn't block them but just hides them, unlike in Firefox where it blocks them.

As for me, I use firefox 3.6.7, might be upgrading to Firefox 3.6.12 but will not upgrade to Firefox 4 because they got rid of the status bar which was extremely useful.

I like IE, alright?

I liked IE until I found out that there were other browsers, which is quite a while back. Firefox was the one I chose because it was the one that fit my needs the best although for a while I had used Opera before going for Firefox.

Safari for the most part because I have a Mac, but I use FF for Runescape and catching up on TV shows I missed.

Same here. That is, I use Safari for general browsing and FF for Runescape.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I use Firefox & Safari most of the time.

I used to use Chrome, but I got tired of their stealth updating (and told them so via feedback when I uninstalled it)

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I have tried the top 5 browsers and to me google chrome seems the fastest. firefox is in close second though. i prefer firefox either way because you can completely customize it. seems like firefox is the most popular

I have tried the top 5 browsers and to me google chrome seems the fastest. firefox is in close second though. i prefer firefox either way because you can completely customize it. seems like firefox is the most popular

It is the most used according to http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

It is the most used according to http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Just remember that that data is only from W3 School's site(s), not the whole web.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Chrome.

I used to be an avid user of Opera but eventually the need for most of its functionality went away (ie: I graduated uni).

I added a few extensions to Chrome just to up the functionality a bit (adblock, speed dial, geustures). Nice and clean.

Chrome.

I used to be an avid user of Opera but eventually the need for most of its functionality went away (ie: I graduated uni).

I added a few extensions to Chrome just to up the functionality a bit (adblock, speed dial, geustures). Nice and clean.

I tend to use opera sometimes for its voice features