Your Bedtime Playlist

K4ylan

Anyone else ever sleep with their music on?

What type of music helps you fall asleep faster/better?

Personally, I like to listen to a lot of Spanish/Asian music when I sleep. I don't know, maybe it's because I can barely understand them, but they're very soothing. I've also been listening to Cypress Hill and a couple other stoner bands my friends recently introduced me to, which aren't bad for falling asleep to.

Post the artist or songs you prefer to listen to while you sleep, or maybe for when you want to relax.

If I listen to music to fall asleep it's usually either Tool's Lateralus [album] or 10 Year's The Autumn Effect [album]. Sometimes I switch it up to some Breaking Benjamin or Decombrio. But then, it's rare that I listen to music while falling asleep.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin helps me sleep.

Some other songs,

Before the Winter, Coming home, both by Stratovarius

Wish you were here (album) - Pink Floyd

The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix.

Just some off the top of my head.

Staurolite.png

I don't sleep with music on. Don't want to waste the battery on my MP3.

I do have a playlist for that kind of thing though, just in case.

Water Temple - Zelda Reorchestrated

Sonata - Symplony X

Words Untold / Dreams Unlived - Serenity (Two minute-long songs)

Witchwood - Russel Shaw (Fable soundtrack)

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Echoes - Pink Floyd

The Islander - Nightwish

A Sailorman's Hymn - Kamelot

Party Music - Chris Velasco, Sascha Dikiciyan (Mass Effect 2 soundtrack)

i just turn my ipod on shuffle

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

A 60-minute rain and thunder CD on repeat. Love the white noise.

This.

And ambiental stuff does the job perfectly for me. Some Moëvöt, Raison D'etre, the Ghosts album by Nine Inch Nails, all come to mind. Funeral metal is fine too. Oh, and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat soundtrack helps me a lot as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5QbzUhw2s4

16185_s.gif

I don't really have so much of a playlist, but if I play music while in bed, I generally fall asleep listening to the BBC, or something by Otep.

Last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79peD6i-rw

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

It's strange, intuitively I'll always try and sleep to something soft and gentle when I'm trying to sleep on a journey, but I find the nuances and intricacies hold my attention too much. Slap on a bit of hard rock though and I'm sleeping like a baby. No idea why.

I never try and fall asleep to music at night though, doesn't do it for me.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I've just recently started doing this as I've got early starts for work in the morning so my iPod on its dock means I can use the alarm feature on it.

For trying to get to sleep, I've made an hour and a half long playlist of acoustic stuff (Trampled By Turtles, Bob Dylan, Nils Lofgren, Regina Spektor, Frank Turner and a whole bunch of others). I don't do it every night but it doesn't seem to keep me up much later when I do.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I listen to every Deftones song I have on shuffle. Includes Diamond Eyes (album, including bonus tracks, ROCKET SKATES!), Simple Man (B-sides and Rarities), Battle-Axe and Minerva (Deftones), and lastly, Beware and Mein (Saturday Night Wrist). :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

i just turn my ipod on shuffle

Either this, or the My Top Rated without rock playlist. It mostly is Indie stuff, like Local Natives, Tame Impala, The Submarines, Morning Benders, Yeasayer etc.

I love the My Top Rated playlist, cause on when you find a song you like and you want to add it to your playlist of favorite songs, just rate it 5 stars on your iphone/itunes and it automatically will add it, or rate less than 5 to take it off. It's better than constantly making playlists.

2s0cxth.png

• 2 weeks later...